ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

MGM Grand - Las Vegas ,NV - 11th November 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MGM Grand - Las Vegas ,NV - 11th November 2006 - Setlist, Photos, Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
13th November 2006 03:40 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Its a shame

you should of posted the "Enemy List" while you still had relevance

I pass the torch unto you.....relavancy, as we all know, is fleeting, so enjoy it while you have it. You certainly have earned it!!!!
13th November 2006 03:42 PM
StonesChick The Stones put on an amazing show, the best one of this tour for me. What impressed me the most were the guitars. Mick has ALWAYS impressed me, so for him to improve on that is difficult. Where do you go when you are already at THE TOP?? It was the first time I got to witness SOL and that was a highlight, however. But, back to the guitars, Ronnie and Keith played like I've never seen before. They were incredible, really stepping up for Mick, imo. What an incredible feeling I had being at that show....an evening I will remember forever. They were HOT!

jb, Why judge Mick when all you really know about his personal life is what the papers have said. I read he returned after being told his dad was improving, but even if not, maybe his dad wanted him to go....what I am saying is that you have no idea what the real facts are so don't judge lest be judged.

This show was much better than the shows I saw last fall, the sound, the playing, the energy, the singing, the setlist...everything. Sorry to all who missed it.
13th November 2006 03:42 PM
Poplar
I think jb is trying to work his way towards a new status: "Victim."

13th November 2006 03:43 PM
jb
quote:
StonesChick wrote:
The Stones put on an amazing show, the best one of this tour for me. What impressed me the most were the guitars. Mick has ALWAYS impressed me, so for him to improve on that is difficult. Where do you go when you are already at THE TOP?? It was the first time I got to witness SOL and that was a highlight, however. But, back to the guitars, Ronnie and Keith played like I've never seen before. They were incredible, really stepping up for Mick, imo. What an incredible feeling I had being at that show....an evening I will remember forever. They were HOT!

jb, Why judge Mick when all you really know about his personal life is what the papers have said. I read he returned after being told his dad was improving, but even if not, maybe his dad wanted him to go....what I am saying is that you have no idea what the real facts are so don't judge lest be judged.

This show was much better than the shows I saw last fall, the sound, the playing, the energy, the singing, the setlist...everything. Sorry to all who missed it.

Fair criticism and noted....glad it was a great show for you.
13th November 2006 03:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I pass the torch unto you.....relavancy, as we all know, is fleeting, so enjoy it while you have it. You certainly have earned it!!!!

do not give up so easily JB. Just because Pug was never able to recover his credibility after the stroke rumors does not mean that you dont still have a fighting chance...
Fiji Joe
quote:
Poplar wrote:

That is far from new...he's run that bit at least 10 times since I've been posting...it works about as well as when I try to do it...the only thing left for jb is to start his own site...that'll teach us bastards
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

No..."tired, old, incessant bitch who wasn't even in the same fucking time zone", seem quite fiiting.

"Go fuck yourself jb."
13th November 2006 03:45 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

That is far from new...he's run that bit at least 10 times since I've been posting...it works about as well as when I try to do it...the only thing left for jb is to start his own site...that'll teach us bastards

I knew you were going to post that...I knew it!!!
StonesChick
quote:
jb wrote:

Fair criticism and noted....glad it was a great show for you.

Good...and thanks! lol It really was a great....Mick was the greatest of all.
Poplar
quote:
Poplar wrote:
More importantly, let's not have what was an outright masterpiece of a show shit upon by some tired, old, incessant bitch who wasn't even in the same fucking time zone.
Go fuck yourself jb.

after a quick review, I have now determined that this just so happened to be my 2000th post. Man, did the planets line up right for that or what?
13th November 2006 03:46 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

after a quick review, I have now determined that this just so happened to be my 2000th post. Man, did the planets line up right for that or what?

Congrats!!!!
13th November 2006 03:47 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
StonesChick wrote:

I certainly didnt know the man. But I always got the impression that Mick got his determined work ethic from his father. Maybe his decission to go on with the show was a tribute to his dad. Perhaps its what his father would of wanted?
13th November 2006 03:47 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

I knew you were going to post that...I knew it!!!

As I knew you would respond...and I also know that in short time, you will remind me that you make much more money than me
13th November 2006 03:48 PM
Poplar
Thanks, man.

As I pass this milestone, let me just say:

Good to be here, good to be anywhere!!!
13th November 2006 03:49 PM
StonesChick
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

do not give up so easily JB. Just because Pug was never able to recover his credibility after the stroke rumors does not mean that you dont still have a fighting chance...

LOL I read the stroke rumors and actually thought about it while watching Keith.....thinking if Keith has had I stroke, I want one too!
13th November 2006 03:50 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

As I knew you would respond...and I also know that in short time, you will remind me that you make much more money than me

I knew you would say that!!!!
13th November 2006 03:53 PM
Poplar
quote:
StonesChick wrote:
LOL I read the stroke rumors and actually thought about it while watching Keith.....thinking if Keith has had I stroke, I want one too!

wasn't he amazing Saturday? Holy Hell.
13th November 2006 03:56 PM
Saint Sway Poplar,
Did you really catch another of charlies sticks???
13th November 2006 04:01 PM
Dan
quote:
I dont even need to hear a bootleg of this show to know that it will rank as one of the greatest performances of Mick's career.

I heard a rumor there might actually be one this time.
13th November 2006 04:02 PM
Poplar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Poplar,
Did you really catch another of charlies sticks???

Yeah. One in Columbia, SC in September of 1994. Another Monday night in Oakland. They're almost identical. The second one has a slightly different Vic Firth label, but the "Charlie Watts" printed name and signature are the same. Need to find someone who can frame this one exactly as the other is (mounted with the ticket stub and the Voodoo Lounge CD). Finding the same frame will be the tough part.
13th November 2006 04:14 PM
StonesChick
quote:
Poplar wrote:

wasn't he amazing Saturday? Holy Hell.

He really was. I've never seen him play like that before. He looked great too. His playing was really consistent and clean, and he never let up....clean in a good way...not too clean, a nice dirty clean!! It was an GREAT SHOW! They really are the greatest, can't imagine not having them!

13th November 2006 04:16 PM
StonesChick
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I certainly didnt know the man. But I always got the impression that Mick got his determined work ethic from his father. Maybe his decission to go on with the show was a tribute to his dad. Perhaps its what his father would of wanted?

Yes, that's been my impression also.
13th November 2006 04:16 PM
jostorm Hey, to everyone (who actually went to the show): wow, what a treat, I am so glad for you!!!!
Sweet Virginia: those pictures are absolutely amazing, thrilled you posted them, thanks, and I have to say that your pictures always seem to have that extra "umpf", and (without intending to take anything away from the photographer's eye for a damn good shot ) may I just ask which type of camera you use??? Is it one of those really big ones with interchangeable lenses, or a compact little affair???? Wish I could ever shoot like that....
13th November 2006 04:20 PM
Saint Sway this is the best Keith pic of the tour!

quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

13th November 2006 04:22 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

The drumstick photo from Oakland was of Poplar, not me! I was in Zuri's from about 8-8:45 and then for about an hour after the show! I was looking for you you as I had a pretty good idea of what you looked like from your AC photos. I can't believe we didn't run into each other in the lobby downstairs in the arena. . .not a very big space as far as I could tell! I loved the show! My first time hearing Sway!

Ha! No wonder I couldn't find you....looking for the wrong person. I thought about you and all our other friends in the house during the show. I knew you had to be loving every minute of it.

13th November 2006 04:24 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this is the best Keith pic of the tour!

Thanks, Sway! We were 10th row, Keef's side. He was right there in front of me almost all night. He was fantastic.

13th November 2006 04:25 PM
Saint Sway do you recall what song that was? Looks like a monster Keef Riff was just unleashed
13th November 2006 04:26 PM
monkey_man
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Ha! No wonder I couldn't find you....looking for the wrong person. I thought about you and all our other friends in the house during the show. I knew you had to be loving every minute of it.

I think Glencar is the only one with a pic of me from AC . . . I don't think he has posted any from the House of Blues that night. Thanks for the great pics you took! How did you get your camera past the metal detectors? BTW anyone see Pug at the show?
[Edited by monkey_man]
13th November 2006 04:29 PM
monkey_man Here is the pick I caught from Chuck when they were at the B-Stage. . . How much do you think I can get for it on Ebay? 75 cents??

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
13th November 2006 04:30 PM
jostorm Ok, let's try again..

SWEET VIRGINIA: those pictures are absolutely amazing, thrilled you posted them, thanks, and I have to say that your pictures always seem to have that extra "umpf", and (without intending to take anything away from the photographer's eye for a damn good shot ) may I just ask which type of camera you use??? Is it one of those really big ones with interchangeable lenses, or a compact little affair???? Wish I could ever shoot like that....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)