ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

MGM Grand - Las Vegas ,NV - 11th November 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MGM Grand - Las Vegas ,NV - 11th November 2006 - Setlist, Photos, Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
12th November 2006 08:43 AM
Straycat87 Great pics of a GREAT band, indeed ! Thanks a lot for sharing them.
12th November 2006 08:53 AM
Erik_Snow Very cool photos, and nice info/setlist, fo sure.
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
12th November 2006 09:28 AM
scope 3 cheers for the girls of ROCC for hanging in there all night and bringing us up to the minute reports and capped off by Sweet Virginia's awesome pics.

Thank you ladies.
12th November 2006 10:10 AM
robpop Mick is the ultimate professional to perform a such a high level under the circumstances.
12th November 2006 11:08 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Holy shit! These pictures are fuckin' AMAZING, SV! Thank you so much for posting them, and also for texting us the setlist last night. And what a GREAT way to spend your birthday! You're exceptional, girl!

What a band. We're the luckiest fans in the world.

And Keith is lookin' mighty fine, oh yes he is.

12th November 2006 11:12 AM
Erik_Snow So, Sweet Virginia took those photos? I assumed they were from a internet-paper or something, they were so perfect. Amazing!
12th November 2006 11:16 AM
Paranoid_Android GREAT PICS!!!!!

Wondering...this is the 3rd...maybe the 4th show here on this tour, right? That is milking the Vegas thing, no doubt...would it really be so bad if they played the MGM for a month or so...every 3 night or so...about dozen shows over 5 weeks...

I dont think it would be a bad thing...
12th November 2006 11:21 AM
LadyJane
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Not a dry eye in the house....

Beautiful shots SV.

This one though.
Very very special.

LJ.
12th November 2006 11:54 AM
luxury1 agreed, LJ. What a poignant shot of each band member. God, I love these guys, and I dont even know them.....
12th November 2006 12:13 PM
Lavendar ******************************************
Brings on Tears viewing these Photos!
"We're the luckiest fans in the world." quote GOTTOROLLME
[Edited by Lavendar]
12th November 2006 12:22 PM
SweetVirginia Glad you liked the pics! We were 10th row....so close! Keith was absolutely wicked last night, tossing pics, doing the "head/heart" pound to all the beautiful, busty Vegas chicks down front. Fotini...he wore the coat again for his set. And when he said, "You can bruise it but you can't break it" while touching his head he was smiling and looking so sheepish. Really charming.

If you did not know about Mick's father, you would never have known from attending the show. His performance was fantastic and his banter was as normal as could be. He said this was their 13th show in Vegas, and that he has lost money every time he's been here. He told us all to bet on the number 13. At one point when he was down to the black t-shirt, he said the crowd looked fantastic and he'd better dress it up....and of course put on yet another of those flashy Vegas-style jackets (the silver one).

I was hoping for Shine a Light and Dead Flowers, but it was a pretty good setlist anyway. I love "She Was Hot" live, and "Live With Me" really works, too. Ronnie now owns "Sway" lock, stock and barrel.

It was quite simply the best possible way for a fan like me to celebrate a birthay. I adore these guys.

SV
12th November 2006 01:10 PM
WattsAtScotts Keith looks amazing with that vest!
12th November 2006 01:14 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Beautiful shots SV.

This one though.
Very very special.

LJ.

Yes. Our boys.
And I like your new sig line, LJ...great minds DO think alike!
12th November 2006 01:36 PM
LadyJane Just spoke to our own jaggergrrl.

What a story she has to tell re the Meet & Greet.

I'll let her tell you...but I will say that when the photo comes out....OUR jaggergrrl is standing front and center with Mick on one side and Keith on the other.

I believe Keith has a crush on her as he hugged her about 4 separate times.

She is ecstatic and it couldn't have happened to a kinder person.

Way to go, D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And BLESS you from the bottom of my heart for whispering into Keith's ear..."Paula sends her love".

LJ.
12th November 2006 01:39 PM
mojoman thanx so much for posting those pictures. i have to upgrade my seat for AC!!! hope there is a ticket drop!!!
arena's rock.
12th November 2006 02:01 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I'll let her tell you...but I will say that when the photo comes out....OUR jaggergrrl is standing front and center with Mick on one side and Keith on the other.

Woo-hoo! I'm so happy for our little Jaggergurl. You are absolutely right....it could not have happened to a nicer person. And OF COURSE Keef would develop a crush on her. Who wouldn't?

12th November 2006 02:31 PM
FotiniD SV, thanks so much for your WONDERFUL photos. These may be the best ones I've seen from this tour. And yes, I'll have to agree, the shot in their final bow is just mesmerising. So poignant.

Very happy for jaggergrrl! I'm gonna go crazy when I see that pic of her between the Glimmers!

Mick's decision to play last night, and not just play, but give it his all... And Ronnie's too, after what happened last week. What can I say? Right now I have an utmost respect for these guys. All four of them.

And this has nothing to do with money. They could have found an easy excuse to get away with it if they didn't want to play. I'm speechless. It takes guts to do what they did.

P.S. The coat, SV!!! *swoon*
12th November 2006 02:45 PM
Jumping Jack Did Dawn talk Mick out of his harmonica?
12th November 2006 03:09 PM
GotToRollMe I am THRILLED for jaggergurl. Like SV said, of course Keith has a crush on her...who wouldn't? She's a doll, and I can't think of a sweeter kid for this to happen to. Good on ya, jaggergurl! Can't wait to see the pic of you and the boys...sounds like header material to me!
12th November 2006 03:11 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Did Dawn talk Mick out of his harmonica?

LOL! Jumping Jack, I think Dawn could have talked Mick (and Keith) out of any number of things!
12th November 2006 04:00 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I like this pic. The man STILL has a great chest.
12th November 2006 06:14 PM
SweetVirginia Keith's wardrobe was great last night. Classic Keith. He was really at 100% last night.

12th November 2006 07:59 PM
Bitch Sweet Virginia, you rock! I loved your pics and hearing of your Rolling Stones experience in Vegas! Thanks for bringing it all home to ROCKS OFF!

[Edited by Bitch]
12th November 2006 08:23 PM
LadyJane Look at these incredible shots taken by Shidoobee's jimpietryga. Amazing

Saved the best for last...definite tear jerker:

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
12th November 2006 08:50 PM
Bitch This may be a bad time to bring it up, but, are KEEF's parents dead or alive? I know their names, Doris and Bert, but I havent heard much about them. Surely Gazza will know the answer to this.
12th November 2006 09:35 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Sweet Virginia, you rock! I loved your pics and hearing of your Rolling Stones experience in Vegas! Thanks for bringing it all home to ROCKS OFF!

Happy to do it honey!
I always try to share any show I see with all my RO buddies.

12th November 2006 09:48 PM
Soldatti Hats off for Mick, awesome pics.
13th November 2006 02:46 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Bitch wrote:
This may be a bad time to bring it up, but, are KEEF's parents dead or alive? I know their names, Doris and Bert, but I havent heard much about them. Surely Gazza will know the answer to this.

Bert died a few years ago. Doris is still alive.
13th November 2006 05:24 AM
corgi37 I am totally amazed at the final bow shot. It's very powerful.
13th November 2006 09:37 AM
Mathijs Is Wood wearing a new wig?

Mathijs
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)