ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

MGM Grand - Las Vegas ,NV - 11th November 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones "Vagina" Song Return to archive
10th November 2006 11:58 PM
Taptrick At 6:00 minutes into this "Being Mick Jagge" clip, they are discussing cataloging old Rolling Stones music and one of the songs seems to be labeled "Vagina"? It seems to be a box that says "1980-84 Paris Mobile Vagina Neighbors Waiting On A Friend." Doers anybody know anything about this Vagina thing or has it even been discussed before?

[Edited by Taptrick]
11th November 2006 12:33 AM
Bitch thanks for posting, I loved it.
11th November 2006 12:36 AM
Taptrick
But have you any info on that song?

11th November 2006 12:42 AM
glencar Aha! A little research shows that it's an alternate take of "Slave." AKA Black & Blue Jam at one point.
11th November 2006 12:55 AM
Taptrick
How did you figure that out? Does slave have any alternate lyrics we have not heard?

11th November 2006 01:42 AM
glencar I read it in Martin Elliott's book. It's pricy but worth it. No lyrics listed in his book but he gives some info on all the recorded songs.
11th November 2006 01:46 AM
pdog Excellent book. It's for The Stones fan what a PDR is for a dope fiend!
11th November 2006 05:54 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
Doers anybody know anything about this Vagina thing or has it even been discussed before?

[Edited by Taptrick]

11th November 2006 07:12 AM
Philip
quote:
glencar wrote:
I read it in Martin Elliott's book. It's pricy but worth it. No lyrics listed in his book but he gives some info on all the recorded songs.

What info does it give for Jigsaw Puzzle? :-()
11th November 2006 11:33 AM
glencar It was written by Mick, Keef thought it was too long & many critics found it Dylanesque.
11th November 2006 11:40 AM
Bitch
quote:
glencar wrote:
I read it in Martin Elliott's book. It's pricy but worth it. No lyrics listed in his book but he gives some info on all the recorded songs.

What is the book title? I should get it!
11th November 2006 11:43 AM
glencar You can't say I don't make things easy for you guys!

http://www.amazon.com/Rolling-Stones-Recording-1962-2002-Rockdetector/dp/1901447049/sr=8-8/qid=1163263321/ref=sr_1_8/002-1984853-5321652?ie=UTF8&s=books
11th November 2006 02:20 PM
Gazza http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolling-Stones-Complete-Recording-1962-2002/dp/1901447049/sr=1-6/qid=1163272741/ref=sr_1_6/026-4024566-4868420?ie=UTF8&s=books

The guy who wrote the 3rd review down seems to be a big fan!
[Edited by Gazza]
11th November 2006 03:07 PM
glencar Geez, it's cheaper over there! Nice review but the guy above yours didn't seem too impressed. I've always found the guide useful.
11th November 2006 03:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Geez, it's cheaper over there! Nice review but the guy above yours didn't seem too impressed.

I think he completely missed the entire point of the book
12th November 2006 12:24 PM
BILL PERKS MATT CLIFFORD ON CURTAINS IN THAT VIDEO
12th November 2006 12:31 PM
Philip
quote:
glencar wrote:
It was written by Mick, Keef thought it was too long & many critics found it Dylanesque.

Ah, I had an earlier version of this book, it was good, but filled with a fair amount of incorrect info.
12th November 2006 05:39 PM
Mickijaggeroo I have both editions of Martins book. A must have, and Martin is a very nice guy too
12th November 2006 06:49 PM
gotdablouse Thanks for linking this, I had lost that capture of the tape boxes.

About Martin's books, the first one opened up a whole new world for me in 1990, and started my obsessive collecting of boots ! I got the new one a couple of years ago, but it was a bit disappointing, Martin doesn't seem to have had access to any other material than the boots and in this day and age, they're easy to come by, it wasn't the case in the 80s and 90s.

Too bad Karnbach who had access to the master tapes made zero comments about the songs no one's ever heard outside a select circle, maybe 5/10 guys outside the Stones. Stuff like the Steel Wheels sessions that came out this August by accident, by the way, it seemed more was ready to come out...
12th November 2006 07:01 PM
Joey

http://www.nebraskacoeds.com/main.html

12th November 2006 07:08 PM
GotToRollMe You guys are killin' me here. I'm already over my $100 limit for my Amazon gift certificate. I definitely want to get the new Greenfield book. What other two Stones books would you recommend as being must-have's?
12th November 2006 07:24 PM
Joey " What other two Stones books would you recommend as being must-have's? "

" OLD GODS ALMOST DEAD " spent eighteen weeks at the very TOP of the NY TIMES BEST SELLER LIST back in 2001 .

I highly recommend that particular read .....

....I also highly recommend the just released " Britney Spears Sex Tape " :

|
|
|
V

http://slackernetwork.com/out.php?id=58452

http://www.timekiller.com/index~search~sex_tape.htm

12th November 2006 09:31 PM
Soldatti Almost 6 years since then and no song from the vaults released.
13th November 2006 11:12 AM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
You guys are killin' me here. I'm already over my $100 limit for my Amazon gift certificate. I definitely want to get the new Greenfield book. What other two Stones books would you recommend as being must-have's?

Bill Wyman's got a new coffee table book but it's $40 or so. I don't have it yet but I will soon...
13th November 2006 03:46 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Almost 6 years since then and no song from the vaults released.

Until this August with the SW Sessions !
14th November 2006 12:12 PM
glencar Where does one get thats tuff from? I can't do the bit torrent thing.
14th November 2006 12:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Almost 6 years since then and no song from the vaults released.

They probably would have released such a project for the 2002 tour, only for the fact that ABCKO and Universal saw the $$$ signs and came to their senses in time to release 40 Licks instead.

There was definitely talk of an archives release in 2001-2002 (the proposed 2001 tour even had a working title - "A Stones Odyssey"), not forgetting also the aborted "Memory Hotel" release which was announced in spring 1999 as coming out for the summer European tour and then was never heard of again - without even any titles or artwork being seen by anyone.

I think its something they'll do at some point, but it'll be sidelined if theres a more lucrative venture which pops up instead - such as a studio album. Of course, that scene in 'Being Mick' specifically mentions that the purpose was to do with digitally transferring the masters of the old songs. It doesnt necessarily mean they were about to do this to unreleased songs on some archives project. Could just have been that the master reels of some of the old released songs were filed together with some unreleased songs.

Maybe they should have a word with the security people there. The reason why "I Think I'm Goin' Mad" didnt appear on 'Rarities' is because the silly fuckers couldnt locate the master tape of it. It was probably in one of those boxes Mick is looking at in that film!
20th November 2006 08:00 AM
gotdablouse Didn't know it had been skipped, couldn't they have used the tapes they retrieved for the SWH single ?

Any news on the the SW sessions v2 tapes our generous friend had mentioned in August ?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)