ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yet more lists / People / Q mag Return to archive
November 18th, 2004 08:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Jude Law Is Latest 'Sexiest Man Alive'
People Magazine

NEW YORK - Jude Law, star of "Alfie" and "I (Heart) Huckabees," has been named this year's "Sexiest Man Alive" by People magazine. "What's he all about? Supernatural good looks, supersize talent � and so nice, he might just kiss you if you have the nerve to ask," People says in its latest issue.

Besides "Alfie" and "I (Heart) Huckabees," Law has starred this year in "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" and the upcoming "Closer," "The Aviator" and "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events."

Naomi Watts, who starred with Law in "I (Heart) Huckabees," describes the 31-year-old actor as "the most beautiful man who ever walked the Earth."

Law, divorced from Sadie Frost and now dating his "Alfie" co-star Sienna Miller, told The Associated Press recently that despite his sex symbol status, he's no Lothario.

"I grew up, I suppose, always looking for commitment and looking for a relationship, and that's why I got married so young. ... And I'm in another relationship now," he said. "So that just seems to be my pattern."

People also picked nine "off the charts" sexy superstars: Orlando Bloom, Jake Gyllenhaal , Usher, Colin Farrell, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon , Ben Affleck , Bruce Willis and Johnny Depp .

Us Weekly named Jesse Metcalfe, who plays Eva Longoria's on-screen gardener on "Desperate Housewives," as the sexiest man on television.

Longoria describes Metcalfe as "a sweet young man" whose role calls for "a smoldering sexiness that justifies me having an affair � and he definitely does that!"

The magazine's list of TV's 10 Hottest Men also includes Shane West of "ER," Josh Duhamel of "Las Vegas" and Matthew Fox of "Lost."

John Lennon Is No. 1 Music Icon, Poll Says

LONDON (Reuters) - John Lennon has defeated Elvis Presley to be voted the greatest rock 'n' roll icon of all time in a poll conducted by Q music magazine.

Paul McCartney , Lennon's fellow Beatle songwriter, managed just 12th place in the poll.

In a special tribute to Lennon for the magazine, his widow, Yoko Ono (news) said: "He was a driven man: it was as if he knew that he was to stay on Earth for a relatively short time."

Lennon was gunned down by a deranged fan outside his New York apartment in 1980 at the age of 40.

Yoko said: "He changed people's awareness in an incredible way, both with words and music. He was not afraid to tell the truth and thus give us a clearer picture of what was really going on."

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
November 18th, 2004 08:22 AM
Gazza All Q magazine seems to consist of these days is polls - and each one manages to be even more pointless than the previous one

Its a sure sign of a lazy magazine running out of ideas and decent writers - most of whom have migrated to far better magazines like Uncut or Mojo, as Q rather pathetically have tried to champion younger acts with few redeeming qualities. They really finally lost it for me the month that they decided to have Justin Timberlake on their front cover.

It really has gone downhill so badly in the last couple of years its unreal

and is there any poll so ridiculously titled as "Sexiest Man Alive" - whats with this "alive" criteria? As opposed to what - "Sexiest Rotting Corpse"?
[Edited by Gazza]
November 18th, 2004 09:53 AM
glencar The corpse of Elvez is more iconic than the corpse of Lennon.
November 18th, 2004 08:29 PM
Soldatti Boring and predictable choices...