ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Night at the War Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 18th, 2004 06:55 AM
Jair Another Pink Floyd concert???

Nooooo, the American soldiers bombing Iraq !!!

November 18th, 2004 07:48 AM
Maxlugar Cool!

I love the smell of burning terrorists in the morning...

November 18th, 2004 08:38 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Cool!

I love the smell of burning terrorists in the morning...

Now, that's just plain sick.

November 18th, 2004 09:27 AM
glencar Yes it's always the US's fault. LOL Anybody got some good video from Ivory Coast?
November 18th, 2004 09:37 AM
FotiniD

November 18th, 2004 09:40 AM
FotiniD And another something (full article: http://www.arabnews.com/?page=4§ion=0&article=54644&d=17&m=11&y=2004):

WASHINGTON, 17 November 2004 � The US Defense Department is investigating the shooting of an apparently wounded and unarmed Iraqi prisoner by a Marine in a mosque in Fallujah, Iraq.

The video sequence filmed by NBC reporter Kevin Sites, shows a squad of Marines finding a room of wounded insurgents inside a mosque, which was a former insurgent stronghold and was believed by Marines to be the source of heavy enemy fire.

The tape shows a Marine shouting out that one of the wounded is playing �possum.�

A second Marine says, �And he�s breathing!�

The first Marine is then shown raising his rifle toward a prisoner lying on the floor of the mosque. At that moment, the video is blacked out but the sound of the rifle can be heard.

A Marine then says, according to the videotape: �He�s dead now.�

It turns out the insurgents were unarmed, left in the mosque by a previous squad of Marines to await medical evacuation, but the second squad did not know that. The commanders had not evacuated the wounded because US troops were still under fire.

November 18th, 2004 09:50 AM
glencar There ahve also been instances of Marines who walked by these wounded insurgents & had a grenade explode. While this event described above is tragic, it's not standard operating procedure. Too bad Saddam didn't have embedded reporters in his killing fields although many of you would have doubted the media reports in that case. It's odd that so many of you seem concerned about a bunch of Islamofascists.
November 18th, 2004 09:54 AM
Snappy McJack What do you think an "insurgent" would do to a "wounded" US Marine? Better yet, what do you think "insurgents" would do to innocent women and men that don't have a uniform on? There's a difference between killing an enemy and killing innocent people. "Insurgents" don't give a damn who they kill -- they'll use civilians and mosques as shields, which I might add, is a war crime. They'll tape executions and give it to the proproganda machine that is Al-Jazeera.

Now, this marine goes in there, knowing that dead "insurgent" bodies have been rigged with explosives and that some held up white flags and then shot at his comrades. The marine knows what is going on, not the talking heads that think they know what's going on because some guy got an angled camera shot.
November 18th, 2004 09:57 AM
Snappy McJack Also, have they been talking about the UN, Saddam, and the Oil-For-Food scandal where you live? Or do they just keep bashing the US military and Bush? I believe it's the latter--even in the US a lot of the media won't get into it, knowing how corrupt it fucking was.
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
November 18th, 2004 10:00 AM
glencar Snappy, I must admit I haven't followed that scandal too closely. The letters "UN" always make my eyelids very heavy. What the latest?
November 18th, 2004 10:02 AM
telecaster Fotini just sit back and relax like your country has always done in the past and let the US take care of it.

We have it covered

Enjoy the freedoms you now have which are courtesy of the United States Marines Corp, US Air Force, etc.

On a side note, your country owes my country billions and billions of dollars that we have lent your country

You haven't paid any of it back

When do you think you might be able to start making payments?

Let us know
November 18th, 2004 10:04 AM
Snappy McJack Turns out a lot of that money Saddam got went to Palestian families who had relatives commit suicide attacks. He was very proud of them, ya know?
November 18th, 2004 10:09 AM
FotiniD
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Fotini just sit back and relax like your country has always done in the past and let the US take care of it.

We have it covered

Enjoy the freedoms you now have which are courtesy of the United States Marines Corp, US Air Force, etc.

On a side note, your country owes my country billions and billions of dollars that we have lent your country

You haven't paid any of it back

When do you think you might be able to start making payments?

Let us know

I'll check with the Minsitry of Economics and I'll come back to you Tele dear! In fact just when I'll get myself to the "Risk" game mentality - my country against yours, blah, blah, blah, we're the best in the universe, blah, blah, blah.

The fact that Greece's Prime Minister doesn't have the guts to tell America's President what Greek people really think about his "wars" is something that appals me - but at least, I criticize our prime minister and don't take what he wants as if it is the Holy Bible.

And if you had any sense of history, you might have known that Greece's position is not "sit back and relax", at least when it comes to the people living in the country.

http://www.sorryeverybody.com
I love this site. It shows not ALL Americans have lost their heads with the clown they got for a President.
November 18th, 2004 10:11 AM
FotiniD
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's odd that so many of you seem concerned about a bunch of Islamofascists.

I'm concerned about PEOPLE Glencar, and I don't care if they're fascists, democrats, muslims, christians, you name it. You don't shoot an unarmed, injured person.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but war also has a term named "war crimes". And I think killing civilians (as in Kossovo some years ago) or killing injured, unarmed people - be it Islamofascists as you say - could be entered in the definition of that.
November 18th, 2004 10:11 AM
glencar Ah, gotta love that UN!

Ironically, Fotini's Greece, besides owing us a lot of money, has also been a hotbed of terror activity. I think they've gotten better (at our behest) but it's easy to see how attitudes are formed. BTW President Bush wasn't the one who said he'd subject the USA to a global test. That was "President" Kerry.
November 18th, 2004 10:13 AM
Poplar
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
tell America's President what Greek people really think about his "wars"

Wars? So we shouldn't have gone to Afghanistan either? OK, I see where this krap is coming from.

November 18th, 2004 10:14 AM
glencar You care about people but do you really care? These young Marines are risking their lives for freedom & these Islamofascists pull every trick in the book & then one young Marine shoots one in error & you're ready to condemn the whole lot. Rush to judgement? Not you!
November 18th, 2004 10:14 AM
gustavobala iraq fredoom?????? lolololololololol
November 18th, 2004 10:17 AM
glencar It's on the way!
November 18th, 2004 10:19 AM
Poplar
.... NEWSFLASH ...

Two weeks after the election, and the left continues to pout, with a sad little pouty face, and a runny little pouty nose.

November 18th, 2004 10:24 AM
FotiniD
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ah, gotta love that UN!

Ironically, Fotini's Greece, besides owing us a lot of money, has also been a hotbed of terror activity. I think they've gotten better (at our behest) but it's easy to see how attitudes are formed. BTW President Bush wasn't the one who said he'd subject the USA to a global test. That was "President" Kerry.

That was honestly funny Do you got more like this?
Terror activity in Greece!!!!!! You're obviously referring to "November 17" terroristic group, which was seized by the police about two years ago. By the way - and I'm not trying to say they were right, all forms of violence should be condemned imo - November 17 never targeted civilians, public places, public buildings etc. but certain types of "targets", such as big businessmen known for mistreating workers, army officials known for war crimes ets. AGAIN I STRESS: I'm not saying they were right. But it's not the kind of terrorism the Twin Towers suffered and it certainly was not as massive as you may think it was.
November 18th, 2004 10:25 AM
FotiniD
quote:
glencar wrote:
You care about people but do you really care? These young Marines are risking their lives for freedom & these Islamofascists pull every trick in the book & then one young Marine shoots one in error & you're ready to condemn the whole lot. Rush to judgement? Not you!

I got an honest question, and pardon me, but I happen to not know about this.

Are marines sent to the war volunteer to go (that is, as paid soldiers) or are they randomly chosen and told they should go to war?

Honestly, I don't know how that system works in the US, so if anyone could clarify please do.
November 18th, 2004 10:27 AM
glencar That was one aspect. It was also reported that many Palestinian bombers had free run in Athens. Even after 9/11 there was concern that Athens airport was still a potential terror spot. And yes, even "mean businessmen" don't deserve to be assassinated.
November 18th, 2004 10:28 AM
glencar We have an all volunteer Army. For the most part they are dedicated to the cause of freedom & they go where they are assigned.
November 18th, 2004 10:30 AM
telecaster "And if you had any sense of history, you might have known that Greece's position is not "sit back and relax", at least when it comes to the people living in the country."

Funny, I seem to remember pictures and movies of German soldiers camping out at the Acropolis and using it for a sniper position.

That is, until the US chased them out of your country for good. Did you like that war? Was that ok for you that the US did that? Kinda of pick and choose deal, eh?

Kinda like that insurgent the Marine shot, he was using a Mosque as a sniper position. I think you called that a "war crime". Not suppossed to use religous buildings
as military outposts. Did you post about that earlier?
I must have missed your outrage at that

If you care so much about people you must really care that that Marine was shot in the face from a sniper from that Mosque the day before and that the Marines best friend died when one of the people you care about so much exploded
a bomb he had attached to his body while playing dead

Sit back, relax. We will do the heavy lifting for you

BTW-the billions you still owe the US is on top of the billions in debt that we have forgiven already

Can you send, oh say, $50 a month to start?

[Edited by telecaster]
November 18th, 2004 10:37 AM
gustavobala unfortunally US is isolating, unfortunally we don't fight with terror with tanks and marines, you can combat terror with diplomacy, dialogue

why the islamism use terror, when this start? look at palestin people and you find the open door to this tie!

isolated = remember a certain guy who was born in austria!

lol

"iraq fredoom (...with marines)"

lol
[Edited by gustavobala]
November 18th, 2004 10:44 AM
The_Worst Hey FotiniD,

Don't worry. You and many other countries in Europe can continue to come out and stab the Americans in the back on a daily basis. When this is all over and you need us for something, sadly the Americans will forgive and forget and extend our helping hand yet again.

Just sit back and let the US take care of the world's problems. We always do...
November 18th, 2004 10:47 AM
gustavobala lol

well , the same you cannot say to us, another "americans"...lol
November 18th, 2004 10:52 AM
glencar No, you guys aren't Americans. You're pussies.
November 18th, 2004 10:54 AM
Maxlugar Tele,

Do you think it would easier if we could get Greece a PayPal account?

Then they would be able to just point and click that $50 a month loan payment back to good ol' Uncle Sam.

It's a start.

Mackyopolis!

Page: 1 2