ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones and tattoos Return to archive
November 15th, 2004 06:13 PM
corgi37 I always found it odd that (as far as i know) non of the Stones have tatts. You know, the whole outlaw rocker, bad boys image. I thought for sure Keith would have a few, particularly during his bone earring to no-teeth days.

Anyway, if they did, i think they'd have these"

Mick would have a butterfly or rose. Some thing "girly".
Ronnie would have a tigers head. Or a guinness bottle.
Charlie would have a tatt of his wife. Or, Charlie Parker.

And, Keith would 100% have a skull and cross bones, or the Jack Daniels label.

I just think its odd they never did. Especially Keith.

We know he is not scared of needles! hahahaha

P.S. Not much of a post, but that last line was classic!

P.P.S. Yes, i'm bored.
November 15th, 2004 06:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels That's because tattoos aren't kool. Sure you had a spell where these idiot metal heads thought it was. But they were mistaken.
November 15th, 2004 06:26 PM
Mr. D Tatoos can be cool, if they show something that you feel strongly about or care for. I look to get a small Stones toungue somewhere on me eventually, and I'd like to get a little tribute to my parents as well. But the Stones toungue first and foremost.
November 15th, 2004 06:35 PM
Vinyl kills Hell yeah, get the STONES tongue. I have one and I bet other people on this board have it too.
November 15th, 2004 06:46 PM
Mr. D Yea, I really want one. I can def see many at this board with one. My dad has one too...he would fit well at this board, but he really just cannot use a computer.
November 15th, 2004 09:36 PM
corgi37 I got 3. Getting another soon. 1st one was a Stones tongue. But, i just thought it odd none of them ever got one. Nothing to do with heavy metal. Stones LONG preceeded that. But, the whole satanic and bad boy image. Just thought Keef at least would have one.

P.S. I dont include Jaggers painted on ones at R&R circus!
hahaha. But, see the effect they had? Sort of ultra shocking. Well, for 68 i guess it was. Kinda bloody hilarious now!
November 15th, 2004 10:41 PM
Zack Sorry, I think it's a testment to the Stones' good taste they don't have tattoos. I would never get one. It's also interesting to note, most all 60s rock stars played around with facial hair, but I've never seen a picture of Keith with a mustache or beard. (Or Bill for that matter).
November 15th, 2004 11:07 PM
Vinyl kills
quote:
Zack wrote:
Sorry, I think it's a testment to the Stones' good taste they don't have tattoos. I would never get one. It's also interesting to note, most all 60s rock stars played around with facial hair, but I've never seen a picture of Keith with a mustache or beard. (Or Bill for that matter).

No need to be sorry! To each his/her own

Charlie had a lovely moustache in the 60's
November 16th, 2004 04:07 AM
F505 Sorry, I think it's a testment to the Stones' good taste they don't have tattoos.

Well spoken!
November 16th, 2004 08:31 AM
egon agreed
November 16th, 2004 08:56 PM
corgi37 So, i have no taste?
November 16th, 2004 08:58 PM
nankerphelge Corgi -- you are about to hit 1000 posts and Joey will soil himself!
November 17th, 2004 02:34 AM
seclusion I like tattoos. I don't find anything offensive about them, as long as they're tastefully done, which I guess is in the eye of the "needle."
November 17th, 2004 05:02 AM
Zack
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
So, i have no taste?

No offense, mate. I didn't say that. To each his own.