ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: any word on the new studio album Return to archive
November 13th, 2004 09:25 AM
monkeyman62 does any one know when the sessions will start
or has it been pushed back again
November 13th, 2004 10:17 AM
Some Guy mums the word.
November 13th, 2004 10:21 AM
caro Judging from a few other threads I've read, the consensus seems to be : "Soon. Maybe."
November 13th, 2004 02:12 PM
glencar PM Ian Billen.
November 13th, 2004 07:20 PM
Soldatti
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
does any one know when the sessions will start

This month, said Mick.
November 15th, 2004 12:36 PM
jb http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1100332499747&p=1078113566627
November 15th, 2004 12:41 PM
gimmekeef Arafat Avenue?..It could run right into Hitler Street in the middle of Paris
November 15th, 2004 12:52 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Arafat Avenue?..It could run right into Hitler Street in the middle of Paris

hi jb
November 15th, 2004 12:53 PM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

hi jb

As you can see, I was correct again...
November 15th, 2004 12:59 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

yes, you should create a club with your brand new boyfriend!
November 15th, 2004 01:59 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:

"Again"? You were correct once?
November 16th, 2004 09:11 PM
corgi37 Word has it that Mick and Ronnie are teaching Keith chords and chord progression theory as Keith has forgotten how to play a guitar. I heard Ronnie even tuned Keith's fave 5 string Tele in Open G for his mentor, and Keith laughed and said: "Ok, funny joke, there is a string missing! hahah, good to be here. Good to be anywhere, know what i mean? And, um, Ron is it? Look, Ron, this guitar is seriously out of tune".

Mick is also writing all the songs as Keith and his famous "radar", or his dream technique "incoming!" is way too rusted to work. The arrangements are all lush, with lots of computer drums and techno effects.

Keith's main job in the studio is to stand around smoking, share a throaty/gurgly laugh with the back up singers, and pose moodily (and with lashings of eye shadow) for any photographers.

There is also a strict condition that ALL photos of Keith must also show his skull ring, as Keith believes there are still some people in Nth Korea, Kazakstan, and some remote islands off Peru that dont know he wears one.
November 16th, 2004 09:22 PM
gotdablouse ...lazy bones...
November 16th, 2004 09:53 PM
Lazy Bones Yes...?
November 17th, 2004 10:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:

I reckon they'll probably start in January. Gives them a bit more time to work on songs BEFORE they get into the studio (pre-production stuff, etc)
The tour (according to what I've been told by more than one person of late) will probably start in North America around Sept. 2005, so no great rush to get an album ready in time.
November 17th, 2004 06:58 PM
Soldatti New album in September sounds good for me.
November 17th, 2004 11:22 PM
IanBillen
Very simple: Mick said November. End of story.

That is as reliable as a source as you can get. Obviously.
Will that actually be the exact path or date.....who knows but
the most official word in the world on this subject is November.

-nuff said-
November 17th, 2004 11:28 PM
gypsy *goes to the file cabinet...rummages through the drawers, and pulls out...*

**************A Blank Friggin' Stare*****************
November 17th, 2004 11:41 PM
glencar You are getting better & better!
November 17th, 2004 11:53 PM
gypsy Thanks glencar! But that is an oldie, and I must give credit to keeprigid.
November 17th, 2004 11:53 PM
glencar It was the timing & placement. Does keeprigid still post?
November 18th, 2004 01:27 AM
gorda
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:

Yes! I happen to come across some information about the new album.

I will let you in on this TOP SECRET information, but only because y'all are my good friends.

The new Stones' album is going to be sooooooooo cool!

The front of the album is going to have The Aztec Calendar on the front with the Rolling Stones logo in the middle, which fits perfectly.

Then, the music is going to be like nothing you have ever heard!

It's going to mix rock with all sorts of latin music styles from banda, mariachi, cumbia and merengue.

Plus, there will be some special Latin guests singing duets with Micky!

IT'S GOING TO BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!

Oh, and . . .

then, the alarm went off and I woke up . . .

[Edited by gorda]
November 18th, 2004 10:19 AM
glencar Nightmares can be bad things.
November 18th, 2004 10:23 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Word has it that Mick and Ronnie are teaching Keith chords and chord progression theory as Keith has forgotten how to play a guitar. I heard Ronnie even tuned Keith's fave 5 string Tele in Open G for his mentor, and Keith laughed and said: "Ok, funny joke, there is a string missing! hahah, good to be here. Good to be anywhere, know what i mean? And, um, Ron is it? Look, Ron, this guitar is seriously out of tune".

Mick is also writing all the songs as Keith and his famous "radar", or his dream technique "incoming!" is way too rusted to work. The arrangements are all lush, with lots of computer drums and techno effects.
I'M AFRAID YOU'RE RIGHT BUT SF MAN FROM LONDON(FF) TAKES ME BACK TO THE GLORY DAYS

Keith's main job in the studio is to stand around smoking, share a throaty/gurgly laugh with the back up singers, and pose moodily (and with lashings of eye shadow) for any photographers.

There is also a strict condition that ALL photos of Keith must also show his skull ring, as Keith believes there are still some people in Nth Korea, Kazakstan, and some remote islands off Peru that dont know he wears one.

November 18th, 2004 10:29 AM
glencar "I HATE BILL PERKS.I HATE HIM WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY SOUL"-JB
November 18th, 2004 10:33 AM
Snappy McJack Rumor has it the Stones will be releasing a studio version of "No Security". No word if they are going to use previous recordings or create new ones. It is also reported that it will come in a digi-pak with a DVD of the Stones in the studio during the over-dubbing sessions of the album.

Will keep you posted.
November 18th, 2004 01:00 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
Rumor has it the Stones will be releasing a studio version of "No Security". No word if they are going to use previous recordings or create new ones. It is also reported that it will come in a digi-pak with a DVD of the Stones in the studio during the over-dubbing sessions of the album.

Will keep you posted.

Correct.
the stones will also re-recording the entire Goddess in the Doorway with a ten minutes version of "lucky day" and "well well well" will be remixed by Fatboy Slim..
November 18th, 2004 07:59 PM
corgi37 I know the reason for the delay. They've been waiting for Linda Perry to write songs for them after she's done with Pink, Xtina, Britney and any other skank.

And, dont laugh, i bet i am 1/10th right!
November 18th, 2004 08:57 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Correct.
the stones will also re-recording the entire Goddess in the Doorway

The worst nightmare of my life!!!!