ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Mick Taylor Picture Project Return to archive
November 11th, 2004 08:38 AM
piratekeef The Mick Taylor Picture Project

Here's how it goes:

(1) My idea
...is to collect as many of our private concert phototographic pictures as possible taken during Mick Taylor concerts IN YOUR CITY / VILLAGE on a CD-R collection
and make them more widely available. During the past years, I witnessed many people in the audience at Taylor shows clicking away. However, only few of these pics have
turned up so far. We must open up our collections for sharing.

(2) My contribution
...to this project is a finished Picture CD-R (complete w. artwork), containing photos I took during Mick's German concerts between 1997-2000. It's 60 pics in a whole.

(3) Your contribution
... can be to send your pic-cds to me and get mine in return then. I'll then imagine to put all the pics sent to me onto one CD-Series (depending on the response)
and trade (NO TREE/NOR VINE) the whole disc series back with those people who contributed to this project. I haven't thought much about how this trade could take place. Any suggestions?
Blanks could do the job as well here....I think. People, who haven't contributed to this project will not be allowed to join here. Sorry. The intention is to collect the pics.
A future tree might be possible.

Thus,
(4) Preconditions to take part here
....are
a) you have some pics of yours that you have taken at Mick Taylor shows you witnessed. No downloads please.
b) If you have any pics, please don't mind the quality and copy/scan those.
c) put the (scanned) pics onto a cd - sorted into folders according to venue/date.
d) send the cd to me
e) include your snail mail adress and you'll get my pic-disc in return

This could be a big thing!! There has never been anything like it! Share your pics & get more in return.

piratekeef
November 11th, 2004 11:42 AM
jb This should get a huge response.
November 11th, 2004 12:24 PM
LesPaul Why can�t we just send the pic�s by e-mail to you?
November 11th, 2004 12:28 PM
piratekeef ...because I would lose track of files. Also - it would take a certain amount of time to download. I only have your average modem. Hope you can get used to the idea of sending a disc.
November 11th, 2004 12:51 PM
piratekeef For all those who'd like to take part here - please send me a mail at:
[email protected] (stating "MT pics project")
and we'll work out the details.
Deadline will be NOVEMBER 30, 2004.
Flip through your collection and put the pics on a disc!
November 11th, 2004 02:46 PM
gypsy I'm inclined to agree with jb---HUGE response...HUGE.
November 12th, 2004 03:13 PM
F505
quote:
piratekeef wrote:
The Mick Taylor Picture Project

This could be a big thing!! There has never been anything like it! Share your pics & get more in return.

piratekeef

Are you planning to make a commercial for MacDonald's?
November 13th, 2004 03:09 AM
gypsy I think it's a sequel to that "Supersize It" documentary.
November 13th, 2004 03:21 AM
F505
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I think it's a sequel to that "Supersize It" documentary.

I saw that one and it was pretty disgusting!
November 14th, 2004 01:01 AM
piratekeef No It's not gonna be "supersize me" -now it rather looks it will "slim fast" as there nobody seems to share any interest in this project. Hope some one at least will do so soon....
November 17th, 2004 05:16 AM
piratekeef C'mon...Someone else out there must have a similiar interest in such a collection of pics. I'm almost on my knees now....