ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bye! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
November 7th, 2004 06:33 PM
Factory Girl Hey, SIA! I agree-it is Gazza, Jaxxy, Voo board. Good point!
November 7th, 2004 06:34 PM
gypsy If all of us cool chicks leave, would you really want to visit the board to see it inundated with filth from these idiotic newbies?
[Edited by gypsy]
November 7th, 2004 06:35 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:

thank you...at least the guys have nothing against us. these old women are just jealous of us being younge.

Darling, you should know better than calling someone names on a board if you want to go on posting there. Just a suggestion
November 7th, 2004 06:37 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
gypsy wrote:
They're flooding the boards...starting new posts when they don't need to. That's my only problem with it. If they are indeed teenagers, then that's great that they are turned on to the Stones. However, their posts are all about FUCKING the Stones. Granted, a few have been good posts about songs and albums. If they would just do that, everything would be okay.

thats only that gordo girl. i rarely post anything. see for yourself, bitch
November 7th, 2004 06:38 PM
gypsy Quit trying to sweet talk me. It won't get you anywhere.
November 7th, 2004 06:41 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

well you're right angiegirl i can't be sure...as i've said before i suspect they are all not bound to please having a laugh

but even if they are pretending - which i kind of doubt - so what??

it may be mindless but it's essentially harmless - and if you don't like the posts don't read them but to moan about it, well, to me you're only indicating that they are having somekind of effect on you

you tell them australian guy
November 7th, 2004 06:44 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Well, no, we're not ignoring it or them by posting about the subject, are we. So, yeah, SIA is right .

i agree. i think we have the most attention on this board
November 7th, 2004 06:46 PM
KeithRichardsgrl All i know is that you did'nt start talking about teens spamming the board until gorda suddenly came in, and before she came everything was fine so really me and iluvmickjagger07 are not the cause of this.
November 7th, 2004 06:51 PM
Monkey Woman Message from Planet Earth to iluvmickjagger07 an KeithRichardsgrl: check your memory. Work at improving your attention span. Read a thread thoroughly before answering. Don't call someone a bitch if you don't want to get flamed. And that's just the beginning.
November 7th, 2004 07:07 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gypsy wrote:
If all of us cool chicks leave, would you really want to visit the board to see it inundated with filth from these idiotic newbies?

well gypsy the short answer is "No".

however, if you all left because of "the twins" it would, perhaps, change my estimation as to how cool you are - if you are cool you'll rise above it and not let them get under your skin

November 7th, 2004 07:12 PM
Angiegirl ouch .
November 7th, 2004 07:12 PM
gypsy I'm not leaving this board. I just hate to see it hijacked with nonsense by three people.
November 7th, 2004 07:17 PM
gypsy Angie, what American TV shows do you get there? I don't watch much TV, but my boyfriend and I love "Desperate Housewives."
November 7th, 2004 07:17 PM
not bound to please
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I'm not leaving this board. I just hate to see it hijacked with nonsense by three people.

I thought you determined earlier that it was really Mick Taylor talking to himself...
November 7th, 2004 07:18 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I'm not leaving this board.

good
November 7th, 2004 07:19 PM
gypsy Oh, yeah, I did, didn't I? Well, doesn't Mick Taylor count as three or four people?
November 7th, 2004 07:23 PM
gypsy Have you girls been to Shidoobee with Stonesdoug? It's super cool and has all kinds of forums...and there are a lot of cute younger guys there too.
November 7th, 2004 07:23 PM
not bound to please
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Oh, yeah, I did, didn't I? Well, doesn't Mick Taylor count as three or four people?

good post over <-----------------there!

SIA - I'll get back to the politics soon - this has been too much fun!

November 7th, 2004 07:28 PM
LadyJane Let me go on the record and say this is getting ridiculous.

Last night keithrichardsgrl and I had a bit of a chat...I directed her to the Superblow thread and she posted some great pics. She is polite. Maybe a little overzealous, but she's young. I think we should cut her some slack.

gorda is another story...IMO...she is likely on a list held by Mick's security guards...as potential stalker material. Scary individual...and quite vulgar.

But this is a message Board and we all know that people come and go. It's hard to ignore...but it really is the best way to deal with these things.

We really can't bully them out of the playground...that just won't work.

That said.......Newbies should IMO...respect the netiquette of their "new home" and show some restraint. But that is just my opinion.

I hate to see women viewed as cats....Let's all try to get along.

LJ
Resident RO Peacemaker and nursing a massive hangover.
November 7th, 2004 07:29 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Angie, what American TV shows do you get there? I don't watch much TV, but my boyfriend and I love "Desperate Housewives."

The question is: what American shows don't we get! All big series of course, ER, Friends, Seinfeld, Sex and the City, 24, CSI, Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Everwood, Gilmore Girls, Extreme Makeover, Sopranos, Six Feet Under and all that shit. And Oprah and Dr. Phill of course, 1 month behind. The big US soap operas. Big series usually 1 season or half a season behind. Soaps a few seasons behind, but who cares. We get CNN live. And the movies . Our tv is dominated by American series, talkshows and movies. Though we probably have more British productions as well compared to the US, hehehe. And relatively some Dutch, Belgian and German series (Krimis). Some good, most weak copycats of wellknown US shows like ER.

Thing is, people in Holland in general speak or at least understand English very well, so we don't overdub voices in Dutch/native language like they do in Germany etc. I get annoyed by German stations for instance. I have this interview with Mick Jagger from German tv. His voice is overdubbed in a German voice that doesn't even resemble the original. I have Ned Kelley with Jagger in German, it's a real comedy!!!

Desperate Housewives I don't know, but it sure sounds interesting!!!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
November 7th, 2004 07:31 PM
Monkey Woman Great post, LJ! Though we all know about herding cats
I have two of my own (cats, that is) and must say I feel happy with just a few newbies... At least they don't piss on your bed like real cats!
I'm ready to give anyone the benefit of doubt. I'd bet it's all going to go back to normal tomorrow, with increased traffic!
November 7th, 2004 07:31 PM
not bound to please
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Let me go on the record and say this is getting ridiculous.

Last night keithrichardsgrl and I had a bit of a chat...I directed her to the Superblow thread and she posted some great pics. She is polite. Maybe a little overzealous, but she's young. I think we should cut her some slack.

gorda is another story...IMO...she is likely on a list held by Mick's security guards...as potential stalker material. Scary individual...and quite vulgar.

But this is a message Board and we all know that people come and go. It's hard to ignore...but it really is the best way to deal with these things.

We really can't bully them out of the playground...that just won't work.

That said.......Newbies should IMO...respect the netiquette of their "new home" and show some restraint. But that is just my opinion.

I hate to see women viewed as cats....Let's all try to get along.

LJ
Resident RO Peacemaker and nursing a massive hangover.

My last hangover lasted two days!

I find this "gorda" sort of amusing...

but then I would, wouldn't I?

November 7th, 2004 07:33 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I have Ned Kelley with Jagger in German, it's a real comedy!!!

[Edited by Angiegirl]

Ned Kelley is a comedy in English..

November 7th, 2004 07:35 PM
LadyJane
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

My last hangover lasted two days!

I find this "gorda" sort of amusing...

but then I would, wouldn't I?

LOL...yes...yes you would.

Ya know...there was a time when you and I had our moments. And look at us now!

LJ.
November 7th, 2004 07:35 PM
Angiegirl True . Imagine how funny (or sad) it is with all the actors 'speaking' German...
November 7th, 2004 07:36 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
At least they don't piss on your bed like real cats!

If my cat would ever dare to piss on my bed, I would piss on him .
November 7th, 2004 07:46 PM
not bound to please
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LOL...yes...yes you would.

Ya know...there was a time when you and I had our moments. And look at us now!

LJ.

I now know to avoid the superblow threads! Although I did find it hilarious to see Steelie posting in it. That's how I wandered there in the first place...

you know I just like to start trouble - but am basically harmless...

out of respect for Keno (who I first knew as JJF at Stonesworld, and even though he's being really bizarre right now) I am not advocating board war, even though it would be so much fun! That said, I'm not against sending Gorda over as a suicide bomber...

November 7th, 2004 07:51 PM
gypsy Nice post, Lamby. I like the way you think.
November 7th, 2004 07:58 PM
LadyJane Yo...my partner in crime...the female jb...check your e-mail.

LJ

PS...I actually set the VCR to record the Dallas Reunion show tonight. I AM Joey.
November 7th, 2004 08:08 PM
gypsy Yes, my Nebraskan friend. I shall take my wife to a nice restaurant in Boca tonight. This act of kindness will no doubt earn me a blowjob.
The nanny took the boys to CiCi's pizza again. The little tykes just have a field day whenever they go there.
The entire Arafat thing has made my colon a wreck. I'm defecating blood, my dear friend joey.
Page: 1 2 3 4