ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bye! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
November 7th, 2004 12:12 PM
gypsy It's your board now, teenyboppers. I'm gone.
November 7th, 2004 12:18 PM
gypsy Ha! Just fucking kidding! We want our board back, bitches!
November 7th, 2004 12:21 PM
KeithRichardsgrl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Ha! Just fucking kidding! We want our board back, bitches!

lol you scared me for a min i didnt want you to leave your cool! well im not doing nothin kick gorda out and im 100% sure everyone on this board will be happy
November 7th, 2004 12:22 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Whew! That was close!!! I thought for a moment that we were going to lose one of the few remaining members that post intelligent, funny stuff.
November 7th, 2004 12:22 PM
Monkey Woman Only 33%. "I'm not doing nothing"
November 7th, 2004 12:37 PM
gypsy I'm not going out without a fight!
Monkey Woman, you with me?
November 7th, 2004 12:46 PM
Monkey Woman I'd just settle for the newbies to shut up for a while, read the board and learn before going back to post. Or if we could maybe turn their attention to other boards?
If they delute the annoyance it would be more bearable!
November 7th, 2004 12:48 PM
gypsy I thought if we ignored them, they'd go away...but it's not working.
November 7th, 2004 12:58 PM
Monkey Woman It didn't work in high school either. It never works.
November 7th, 2004 02:45 PM
Hannalee Let's send them to Keno's; I think they deserve each other.
November 7th, 2004 03:23 PM
violentkind
quote:
Hannalee wrote:
Let's send them to Keno's; I think they deserve each other.

Whats/who`s keno`s?
November 7th, 2004 03:45 PM
MRD8 Send them to Gas Gas Gas...they'll fit right in there!
November 7th, 2004 05:08 PM
kath gypsy gypsy gypsy...

no. we can't let these whippersnappers take us alive!!!!
November 7th, 2004 05:16 PM
gypsy I was just faking a Miss U there. Fuck no...we will not let these whippersnappers take over our board! Not without a fight!
November 7th, 2004 05:25 PM
Back Street Girl Gypsy I just read what Keno said about you over at gas gas gas.
Who the fuck does he think he is ?

[Edited by Back Street Girl]
November 7th, 2004 05:29 PM
gypsy Apparently, he has no sense of humor at all. The posters on his board cannot disagree with the almighty Keno! He has forgotten about a little thing called Freedom of Speech.
Also, he needs to seriously learn how to spell.
November 7th, 2004 05:38 PM
Monkey Woman Hi gypsy! Hell hath no fury indeed! As for me, I'm not posting again at Gasland for long, long time. I made my point anyway. I'm sure the great majority over there are as sick of it all as I am. It's always a few bad apples in a big basket...
November 7th, 2004 05:55 PM
stonedinaustralia you girls are too hard on the teenyboppers

at least you can't accuse them of being too serious

and if they're acting like kids well then that's probably because they are - and in some ways we should take heart that the stones still seem to have some heavy cross-generational appeal

lighten up won't you - you are making yourselves look like a bunch of old curmudgeons (and it's not a good look)

i find their enthusiasm (albeit a little niave) rather endearing notwithstanding the volume of their, admittedly lightweight, posts
November 7th, 2004 05:58 PM
Angiegirl Howe can you be sure they're kids anyway? Everyone can pretend to be anyone on the internet. Yes, I've learned to doubt identities on the web till proven otherwise. Yes, maybe I'm paranoid . So, do you think Mick is cute or what?
November 7th, 2004 05:59 PM
gypsy They're flooding the boards...starting new posts when they don't need to. That's my only problem with it. If they are indeed teenagers, then that's great that they are turned on to the Stones. However, their posts are all about FUCKING the Stones. Granted, a few have been good posts about songs and albums. If they would just do that, everything would be okay.
November 7th, 2004 06:02 PM
Angiegirl So, Gyps, how's the weather over there? Did you hear about this Georgia guy who blew his brains out in NY after hearing about W's re-election? Just read it, my mouth dropped to my mouse pad!
November 7th, 2004 06:09 PM
gypsy It's wonderful here today, Angie. 80-degrees. I got up at 7:30, went for a jog with my dogs. Laid out a bit in the sun...and have been in and out of the house...checking in on all this computer madness.
I didn't hear about the man in Georgia. What a nut. He probably posted here. I'm surprised I haven't heard about it...I always have the news on--Fox News...so that may be why I haven't heard about it.
November 7th, 2004 06:11 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
What a nut. He probably posted here.

!!!

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/11/0...e.ap/index.html
November 7th, 2004 06:22 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Howe can you be sure they're kids anyway? Everyone can pretend to be anyone on the internet.

well you're right angiegirl i can't be sure...as i've said before i suspect they are all not bound to please having a laugh

but even if they are pretending - which i kind of doubt - so what??

it may be mindless but it's essentially harmless - and if you don't like the posts don't read them but to moan about it, well, to me you're only indicating that they are having somekind of effect on you
November 7th, 2004 06:24 PM
Factory Girl Gypsy, it is "our board"!!! Why is this even an issue???

I'll PM you.
[Edited by Factory Girl]
November 7th, 2004 06:25 PM
gypsy We have tried ignoring them, but they are persistent and will not go away...nor will they stop being so obnoxious.
November 7th, 2004 06:27 PM
Angiegirl Well, no, we're not ignoring it or them by posting about the subject, are we. So, yeah, SIA is right .
November 7th, 2004 06:29 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Gypsy, it is "our board"!!! Why is this even an issue???

FG i guess i take issue with that - it's not "our board" despite our longevity - if the flooding becomes a problem well i guess VC,Gazza or Jaxx will deal with it as it is "their board"
November 7th, 2004 06:33 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
you girls are too hard on the teenyboppers

at least you can't accuse them of being too serious

and if they're acting like kids well then that's probably because they are - and in some ways we should take heart that the stones still seem to have some heavy cross-generational appeal

lighten up won't you - you are making yourselves look like a bunch of old curmudgeons (and it's not a good look)

i find their enthusiasm (albeit a little niave) rather endearing notwithstanding the volume of their, admittedly lightweight, posts

thank you...at least the guys have nothing against us. these old women are just jealous of us being younge.
November 7th, 2004 06:33 PM
Monkey Woman FWIW, I think two of them are really young clueless newbies. To quote a famous author: mostly harmless!
They are nearly starting to learn a little, so I'll let them to it. Anyway, we've all been newbies sometimes so...
Gorda is another matter, she's older and should know better. She just came over here when mickjagger.com boards were taken down for redesigning.
But I doubt she can wreak havoc here for really long. Time will tell...
Page: 1 2 3 4