ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Fernando
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Should Darryl Jones be names an offical Rolling Stone? Return to archive
November 20th, 2005 01:17 AM
RollingstonesUSA YES
November 20th, 2005 01:18 AM
RollingstonesUSA or Chuck
November 20th, 2005 04:45 AM
pdog This is a retarded question...
November 20th, 2005 05:06 AM
Ronnie B. Wood yes, he's good guy and better musician than keith or ronnie... thats sad but thats true, stones arent VERY good musicians, they just have feel
November 20th, 2005 06:43 AM
shakedhandswithkeith NO!!!
November 20th, 2005 07:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Probably not, at this stage of the game what possible difference could it make?
November 20th, 2005 08:41 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Surely not, the Stones cannot get another member not Darryl or Chuck or Eric Clapton or God, it's done

Wait... Darryl is already a member

November 20th, 2005 09:23 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff NO
November 20th, 2005 10:29 AM
shakedhandswithkeith first they have to accept Ronnie
November 20th, 2005 10:57 AM
moy
November 20th, 2005 10:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
shakedhandswithkeith wrote:
first they have to accept Ronnie

I don't even think Stu made it "officially"(?), even though back in the beginning things/definitions were a bit more fluid.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
November 20th, 2005 11:40 AM
Bruno Stone In the pic Voodoo posted looks like Mick is missing a tooth.
November 20th, 2005 03:59 PM
kath nah....too late to call anybody else an "official" stone....but i do like darryl..he does a GREAT job!!!
November 20th, 2005 04:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I don't even think Stu made it "officially"(?)

Señor Motels, Stu was the second official former member of The Rollin' Stones, Stu was the first person Keith met when he auditioned for the job.
November 20th, 2005 04:04 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. Nothing against Daryl, but the guy just doesn't look like a "Stone." He simply doesn't have the image. Plus, he was born in 1961. Only one-year-old when the Stones started? Too young.
November 20th, 2005 04:08 PM
FPM C10 No, of course not.

After they made Matt Clifford an official Rolling Stone, they decided not to let anybody else in.
November 20th, 2005 04:12 PM
Ronnie Richards He's too black..

It would probably offend the Stones' overwhelmingly white audience... and the Stones will not offend anyone nowadays...
November 20th, 2005 04:26 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Probably not, at this stage of the game what possible difference could it make?

ALOT of difference. AS in ALOT of money. Darryl right now is a hired gun, paid a salary, just like Mick Taylor and Ron Wood at the beginning of their careers with the Stones. He's been with them for 3 albums. The reality is the Stones are a bunch of lads from London all born in the 1940's. Mick Taylor & Ronnie fit that profile Darryl doesn't and even if he did the Stones will never make anyone else an official member for financial reasons. Otherwise, don't you think Bobby Key's 35+ years should qualify for membership??

November 20th, 2005 04:30 PM
Paulcarr87 Good points Pavlov - but Bobby Keys hasn't been in the band for 35 years, wasn't he fired in the 1970s?

November 20th, 2005 04:34 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
Paulcarr87 wrote:
Good points Pavlov - but Bobby Keys hasn't been in the band for 35 years, wasn't he fired in the 1970s?

yeah, briefly. I think Mick & Keith hated everyone for awhile and dumped him, but unlike Billy Preston they brought him back. I don't think they used any horns on the '78 tour though.
November 20th, 2005 06:26 PM
glencar Sign him up!
November 20th, 2005 08:06 PM
Ramrod No, Daryl Jones should not be made an official member and I gravely doubt whether such an idea would ever enter into either Mick, Keith or Charlie's heads. Better to hire people on an as needed basis and maintain the flexibility that they currently enjoy. Why get bogged down with the baggage of having to accomodate extra fulltime members?

On the subject of Bobby Keyes, his sax playing is the one thing I miss most from all the new Stones releases. Imagine his sax ripping up ABB or Bridges or Voodoo. A missed opportunity - just guitars don't suit the Stones. The sax made Sticky Fingers and Exile that extra bit special. Can't imagine Brown Sugar without it.

November 20th, 2005 08:14 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
Ramrod wrote:
On the subject of Bobby Keyes, his sax playing is the one thing I miss most from all the new Stones releases. Imagine his sax ripping up ABB or Bridges or Voodoo. A missed opportunity - just guitars don't suit the Stones. The sax made Sticky Fingers and Exile that extra bit special. Can't imagine Brown Sugar without it.

Horns in general are such a HUGE part of the Stones sound from 'Have You Seen Your Mother Baby' to 'Out of Control'. The two things that make so many Stones songs are the horns and the keyboards.
November 20th, 2005 08:43 PM
Soldatti No, he's just another sideman just like all the other people on stage.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)