ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Fernando
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Opinions and Comment about the two new Tunes from DVD.....From Ian Return to archive
November 18th, 2005 09:57 PM
IanBillen Heard the new tunes. I liked Under The Radar better than Don't Wanna Go Home.

Both have a thick full sound. Especially Under The Radar. I LOVE this kind of production. So thick and full of character. It is a cool tune. However, it just doesn't fit in with A Bigger Bang in the light I hear it. I think it is a fair call they left it off. However, if this was another album or possibly a slightly different mix and cleaned up a touch it may be album worthy. Not on this album though. IT doesn't quite fit. It is a Bare Bones tune as well with no added musicians as the greater part of A Bigger Bang sounds. I have heard better written songs from Mick Jagger and Keith Richards but it is still not a piece of crap either. To sum it all up it is a not bad / cool tune.

Under the Radar got the same pace as I go Wild yet it is less of any kind of party vibe. Under the Radar flows and has a jamming in the pocket type flow as I go Wild does. Good thick guitar, and a slightly distorted big sound. Micks vocals are not sharp either as they are on ABB on Under the Radar. They seem right from slowed down analog studer tape machine or something. They do not cut through the mix like most songs from ABB> They are not supposed to on this tune. His vocals are in the mix instead of cutting through in. Charlie is Charlie and he alwaqys sounds good. The song starts off on a mid-tempo thick jam and keeps that pace through the whole song. Big sound that fills the ears and the entire stereo image. Again the production is real good. Ronnie does nice work on the slide. It is kinda different, yet vintage at the same time. Don Was knows how to make a song sound so good. Don't Wanna go Home is a little choppy on purpose and doesn't flow like Under The Radar but it isn't the same type of song either. Slightly faster than Under The Radar but not as full sounding. Again it is not supposed to be. Sounds kinda like a Mick solo number. Nice Guitar work by Keith on Don't Wanna Go Home. Dont Wanna go home is OK but isn't 100% album quality. Nice to hear. Not a total peice of crap and it is a half decent throwaway type tune that didn't make the final cut.. Good to hear though.

Should they have been included on the album?

Well I say probably not. Maybe Under The Radar if they cleaned it up a touch and put the Bigger Bang spin on it. Just possibly though. Over-all not terrible tunes, not great either. Good basic guitar driven Stones on both songs though.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
[Edited by IanBillen]
[Edited by IanBillen]
November 18th, 2005 10:03 PM
glencar It was quite idiotic to leave these songs off Rarities.
November 19th, 2005 12:31 AM
Bitch so can these 2 songs be found on a new special edition of ABB? or on rarities? clarify please
November 19th, 2005 12:32 AM
glencar The expanded ABB...
November 19th, 2005 09:12 AM
Jair
quote:
Bitch wrote:
so can these 2 songs be found on a new special edition of ABB? or on rarities? clarify please

Check it here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BOWSZ0/qid=1132409508/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_11_2/203-8093495-0788746
November 19th, 2005 11:27 AM
quackenbush There is no way I'm gonna shell out $30.00 for those two songs. No way.
November 19th, 2005 11:56 AM
T&A I'll just burn the mp3 files onto my version of ABB.

My thoughts? These would have been the 2nd (Wanna Go Home/Wanna Get Stoned) and 3rd (Radar) best songs on ABB after SSMC. I cannot believe the Stones didn't consider them worthy. I don't happen to like much of ABB, but these would have spiced the album up alot.
November 19th, 2005 02:02 PM
glencar Nope. These are just short of stanards needed for ABB except they're better than the Keith songs.
November 19th, 2005 02:40 PM
Some Guy How can I hear these?
November 19th, 2005 02:44 PM
glencar I got 'em in email...
November 19th, 2005 02:45 PM
Some Guy hit me baby, sorry about them Patriots, dude.
November 19th, 2005 02:46 PM
glencar PM me. And I'm certainly no Patsies fan.
November 19th, 2005 02:49 PM
Some Guy glencar, you may have a pm if I did it correctly.
November 19th, 2005 02:51 PM
glencar SomeGuy, they should be in your email by now although even with cable modem, it takes a bit to downlaod. I got yer PM but responded via email...
November 19th, 2005 02:53 PM
glencar I'm in such a good mood I'd love to share this with all of you, especially IanBillen...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6739710473912337648
November 19th, 2005 02:53 PM
Some Guy Thanks a lot. I could of sworn that you were a Patriots fan.
November 19th, 2005 02:58 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm in such a good mood I'd love to share this with all of you, especially IanBillen...

that was too funny!
November 19th, 2005 03:01 PM
glencar And people think they're going to take over the world!
November 19th, 2005 03:13 PM
glencar SG, did you get the songs? I received a message that your box was full.
November 19th, 2005 04:36 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
SG, did you get the songs? I received a message that your box was full.

I was able to hear we don't wanna go home. It's good, thanks!
November 20th, 2005 02:12 AM
IanBillen [quote]glencar wrote:
I'm in such a good mood I'd love to share this with all of you, especially IanBillen...

Not bad at all. Great song and video production. You know I can see these guys backing up the Stones on their next tour in place of Lisa and Bernard.
They would look so in place.

Ian
November 20th, 2005 01:46 PM
Bloozehound I think Don't Wanna Go Home sounds like rehashed Bon Jovi

seriously
November 20th, 2005 06:27 PM
glencar Yecchh!
November 20th, 2005 08:38 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I think Don't Wanna Go Home sounds like rehashed Bon Jovi

seriously

It sounds like all the rock bands in my country.
November 20th, 2005 08:43 PM
Flashpoint I like Home better....cause of the chorus maybe ....Radar...another I Go Wild
[Edited by Flashpoint]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)