ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Fernando
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bestie Might Die Tonight (NSC) Return to archive
November 18th, 2005 08:55 PM
The Wick This probably won't mean a damn thing to American fans, but for those who haven't heard, George Best's health took a serious turn for the worse and I am praying he can fight back. It just doesn't look good and I suspect tonight might be it.
November 18th, 2005 09:15 PM
Gazza I didnt get the impression from the news that it was as life threatening as when he almost died a couple of weeks ago. At least he's still conscious and able to talk, although it said he was "very poorly".

I was talking to his niece last weekend and she said that her mum (George's sister) had been over to London to visit him and even though he'd picked up and was out of intensive care at the time he was still in really bad shape. He's lost about 4 stone in weight and was basically 'skin and bones'. Very sad.

I cant imagine his long term prognosis is too hopeful, even if he pulls out of this one.
November 19th, 2005 12:16 AM
The Wick Gazza take a look at this article: http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fblnirengmanutd&prov=afp&type=lgns

This is why I am not hopeful. When he got that first infection, he wasn't as weak as he is now. I just dread checking the news because I fear seeing the story any hour now.
November 19th, 2005 03:49 AM
The Volitan who?
November 19th, 2005 08:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Gazza take a look at this article: http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fblnirengmanutd&prov=afp&type=lgns

This is why I am not hopeful. When he got that first infection, he wasn't as weak as he is now. I just dread checking the news because I fear seeing the story any hour now.

yep..its not looking too good
November 19th, 2005 09:00 AM
the worst kinda guy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I didnt get the impression from the news that it was as life threatening as when he almost died a couple of weeks ago. At least he's still conscious and able to talk, although it said he was "very poorly".

I was talking to his niece last weekend and she said that her mum (George's sister) had been over to London to visit him and even though he'd picked up and was out of intensive care at the time he was still in really bad shape. He's lost about 4 stone in weight and was basically 'skin and bones'. Very sad.

I cant imagine his long term prognosis is too hopeful, even if he pulls out of this one.

what does this guy have to do with the stones ?
November 19th, 2005 09:38 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
the worst kinda guy wrote:

Nothing directly, but is that a reason to not start a thread about him? He was certainly friends with them. Bill Wyman even made an appearance in his episode of a BBC programme called This Is You're Life.

In case you don't know, George Best played for Manchester United in the 60's and early 70's, as well as Northern Ireland. Not only was he one of, if not THE most gifted and one of the most exciting players on the planet, but he was also a key figure in the 60's celebrity circuit. He was dubbed the "5th Beatle" and advertised sausages on television!

His partying lifestyle is what led him to alcoholism and well, the rest is history.

November 19th, 2005 10:31 AM
corgi37 When ya gotta go, ya gotta go. He wasnt content to fuck up 1 liver, he had to do it twice! He had a good life. Not a long one, but a fucking good one. Anyway, who cares about the "old soccer" people. Australia is in the World Cup.

All hail the new breed!
November 19th, 2005 10:48 AM
glencar That's a bit ahrsh. I don't really know this soccer stuff (ooh, "football"!) all that well but this guy does sound like he was one of the best. His family is probably besides themselves.
November 19th, 2005 07:04 PM
Gazza
quote:

do you post this in every non-Stones related post?

No? Thought not
November 19th, 2005 08:26 PM
sirmoonie
quote:

He was a big Stones fan. Big fucking fan. Georgie Best and Keith Moon used to party backstage at Who shows and jam Stones tunes.
November 19th, 2005 08:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
He was dubbed the "5th Beatle" and advertised sausages on television!

LMAO! Bestie's eternal legacy. Sausages. How apt, considering the number of birds he's played "hide the sausage" with....

quote:
His partying lifestyle is what led him to alcoholism and well, the rest is history.

its those fuckin' sausages!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)