ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Fernando
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Congratulations IORR ==> 25 years on the road and kicking serious arses Return to archive
November 18th, 2005 02:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It's Only Rock'n Roll magazine issue number one was published November 1980, exactly 25 years ago. Approx 30 magazines were mailed out to hard core Stnes fans. Still running, number fiftyfour will be out in December.

No other fanzine has been published for so long as the great Beggars Banquet by Bill German was from 1978 to 1996. Bill's fanzine is the only official fanzine ever.

This is also the longest running fan club, as it has been active since then, no other club has been active that time, or near that time

Pure quality... it rocks

CONGRATULATIONS BJØRNULF

November 1980

Current issue

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
November 18th, 2005 02:50 PM
stewed & Keefed CONGRATULATIONS
November 18th, 2005 03:26 PM
Tom Congratulations this is by far the best fanzine
November 18th, 2005 03:53 PM
Gazza Its quite an achievement for any fanzine to survive in the age of the internet, let alone last 25 years. I've edited and written fanzines myself and I know what a bloody thankless task it can be.

I started subscribing in late 1983 when I saw a flyer for it posted in a small record shop in our city centre. I placed an ad. for trading tapes in the next issue (at that time I had tapes of about 10 shows which I'd bought by mail order from a guy in England to get me started - to this day, the only time I've bought bootleg tapes) but I did have a low gen copy of the Stones at Slane Castle in 1982 which nobody seemed to have, so my entire Stones 'archive' basically started from that ad. (Should I congratulate Bjornulf or should I choke him? )

The mag sort of disappeared for 3 years in the late '80's, but came back, bigger than ever in 1989 - just like our band did.

Back in the pre-internet days it really was the only reliable way of keeping up to date with what was happening with the Stones (Beggars Banquet was a good source of info too, but it was only a 4 page newsletter and if you lived in Europe, it was often weeks or months late)

Even in the internet era, he's done a great job in providing a reliable news source which would put the various official websites in the last decade to shame.

Well done, Bjornulf and thanks for keeping it going all this time. Here's to the next 25...
November 18th, 2005 04:18 PM
Gimme Shelter CONGRATULATIONS!!! I've been a sunscriber for the last couple of years.
November 18th, 2005 04:32 PM
charlotte Congratulations Bjornulf!!! Sorry I missed you in Charlotte

November 18th, 2005 05:02 PM
Nellcote Great Job-On With The Show!
November 18th, 2005 05:08 PM
moy best website for news and a great mag, you're simply the best bjornulf congratulations
November 18th, 2005 08:48 PM
Soldatti Congrats to bjornulf. He did an amizing job.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)