ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Fernando
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan snubs UK Music Hall of Fame Return to archive
November 18th, 2005 10:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels DYLAN SNUBS UK MUSIC HALL OF FAME

Rock legend BOB DYLAN infuriated organisers of Wednesday's (16NOV05) UK Music Hall Of Fame by snubbing the prestigious honour by refusing to turn up or make a video acceptance speech.

The LIKE A ROLLING STONE hitmaker refused to appear at the second annual event, despite organisers deliberately scheduling the ceremony to coincide with Dylan's UK tour.

Instead, a vague acquaintance of the singer, NATURAL BORN KILLERS actor WOODY HARRELSON, accepted the award on Dylan's behalf.

An organiser says, "We made every effort to get him to accept it in person or with a video message, but he obviously prefers to remain as enigmatic as ever."

THE WHO, PINK FLOYD, BLACK SABBATH, NEW ORDER, JIMI HENDRIX, JOY DIVISION, THE KINKS, ARETHA FRANKLIN and late DJ JOHN PEEL were also honoured at the ceremony.

CONTACTMUSIC.COM
18/11/2005 13:49

November 18th, 2005 10:16 AM
FPM C10 THE WHO, PINK FLOYD, BLACK SABBATH, NEW ORDER, JIMI HENDRIX, JOY DIVISION, THE KINKS, ARETHA FRANKLIN and late DJ JOHN PEEL were also honoured at the ceremony.

Yes, and John Entwistle, Keith Moon, Syd Barrett, Ian Curtis, Jimi Hendrix, and John Peel also infuriated organizers by refusing to show up.

I'm guessing NONE of the honorees showed up. I wonder if they also sent former stars of TV show "Taxi" to accept?

"Accepting for Miss Franklin will be Louie DePalma."
November 18th, 2005 10:21 AM
Zeeta Maybe it's revenge to UK for shouting at him for going 'lectric! !
November 18th, 2005 10:33 AM
Gazza Good for him. If I had been only deemed worthy of being honoured at the same time as Black Sabbath and New Order, I'd have snubbed it too

and what the fuck were they doing getting Woody Harrelson to accept an award on his behalf? Couldnt they have got a musician that has some link or influence to him?

Knowing the organisers, they probably tried to get Woody Guthrie but only realised the day before the broadcast that he had been dead for 38 years and so got Harrelson instead because it would have meant changing just one word on the itinerary, hoping no one would notice.
[Edited by Gazza]
November 18th, 2005 10:34 AM
Gazza
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
THE WHO, PINK FLOYD, BLACK SABBATH, NEW ORDER, JIMI HENDRIX, JOY DIVISION, THE KINKS, ARETHA FRANKLIN and late DJ JOHN PEEL were also honoured at the ceremony.

Yes, and John Entwistle, Keith Moon, Syd Barrett, Ian Curtis, Jimi Hendrix, and John Peel also infuriated organizers by refusing to show up.

I'm guessing NONE of the honorees showed up. I wonder if they also sent former stars of TV show "Taxi" to accept?

"Accepting for Miss Franklin will be Louie DePalma."

LOL
November 18th, 2005 10:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The LIKE A ROLLING STONE hitmaker refused to appear at the second annual event, despite organisers deliberately scheduling the ceremony to coincide with Dylan's UK tour.

I dont buy that for a second. The show last year took place around this time (11th November). Dylan's European tour was only announced in July.

If they were that concerned about scheduling it for an appearance from him, they could have had it on a night when he wasnt even playing. Bob was 200 miles away in manchester on the night of the ceremony - besides its as easy to send a videotaped message from Mogadishu as it is from Manchester.
[Edited by Gazza]
November 18th, 2005 10:39 AM
Joey

" Yes, and John Entwistle, Keith Moon, Syd Barrett, Ian Curtis, Jimi Hendrix, and John Peel also infuriated organizers by refusing to show up. "

Oh , MY !!!! .... You are Sassy !

Good Postin' ... C10

|
|
|
V

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/projects/thewho/main/diary/display.cfm?id=284&zone=news

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)