ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Fernando
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the Stones talk .. on CD Return to archive
November 18th, 2005 03:25 AM
Daethgod anyone interested in a copy of this radio special CD i have ?
i guess we could organise a trade or sumthin...
has the boys answering a heap of questions.
thought its too cool not to share with my fellow Stonesys..

here is the interview tracklisting ..

THE ROLLING STONES - A BIGGER BANG

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS (2005)

1. First, let’s start by talking about the title of the album, “A Bigger Bang”. Mick, you came up with that name didn’t you?

2. It’s been eight years between now and the last studio record. When you guys got back together to make this new record, you were in a situation where you were writing together again for the first time in a long time. Tell me about that process.

3. Keith, when you look back at the stories that talk about Andrew Lee Oldham putting you guys in a room together years ago to write for the first time, does it ever feel like that again - that feeling when you first started writing together?

4. Why eight years between records?

5. The album sounds great - there’s a sense of urgency from the first time you hear one of those classic Charlie rolls right in the beginning of “Rough Justice”. Can you tell me about the song “Rough Justice”... Mick came up with the lyrics to that one?

6. Tell me about the history or inspiration for “Look What The Cat Dragged In”?

7. What group or band currently influences you guys?

8. Ron - you’ve been with the band longer than Bill Wyman, obviously longer than Brian Jones and Mick Taylor. How does it feel having spent 30 years with these guys?

9. What do you guys do to warm up before you get on stage?

10. Every time the band tours, you’ve got an amazing stage set that you guys put together. Charlie, because you help Mick construct the tour a lot of the time, what did you decide on this time around?

11. I’ve heard that you rehearse up to a hundred songs for a tour. How do you get down to eliminating the songs and picking certain things for each tour?

12. When do you go back and kind of polish up on an old one you haven’t played in a while or when do you decide to retire something?

THE ROLLING STONES - A BIGGER BANG

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS (2005) cont’d

13. Tell me about the album cover for “A Bigger Bang”.

14. Keith, tell me about the writing of “This Place Is Empty” - what’s it about.

15. Out of all the bands you’ve ever been on tour with, which was your favourite?

16. Give me your thoughts on the forthcoming film which delves into the circumstances of Brian Jones’ death in 1969.

17. Charlie, how was it for you when you first found out you had throat cancer?

18. I believe you thought the chemotherapy was really going to exhaust you and you didn’t know if you were gonna be able to keep doing this .

19. Charlie, how do you feel your drumming on this record compares to some of the Stones’ older records?

20. Charlie, what do you think of the mix drumming on the early session stuff?

21. When you guys are writing new material, do you guys sit down and say “Hey, I wanna write a song that sounds like something from one of our older albums”?

22. Who was Ruby Tuesday?

23. Mick and Keith - you guys are the most prolific writers in rock history but what happens when you get stuck on a hook or a lyric? Do you ever get writers block and if you do, how do you guys break through it?

24. Tell me the basis of who Nanker Phelge was?

25. Let’s talk about “Streets Of Love”. I believe the band did the video for that in Ottawa in Canada?

26. Who’s responsible for most of the writing of that track? Did you do that together?

27. How do you determine who records the vocal tracks on the album - if it’s Keith or Mick?

28. What do you credit your longevity to and what keeps bringing you back?

29. Tell me about the track, “It Won’t Take Long”.

let me know and we can organise sumthin !

November 18th, 2005 03:28 AM
pdog I'd be interested in it, I suppose we could get it on the tracker soon enough...
November 18th, 2005 03:29 AM
Daethgod coolies

how do we go about it ?
November 18th, 2005 09:37 AM
Neocon It seems interesting, but the songwriting questions appear conceived to give picture of collaboration.

We know what we're going to the shocking answer to did Mick come up with the lyrics to Rough Justice? The answer, Keith came up with barnyard lyrics and finished it with Mick.

It Won't Take Long? Let me guess, Keith came up with the riff and the "You know I'm never wrong." The lyrics were originally for a soul type song.

Streets of Love? Basically Micks song with Keith suggesting he take it up high on the chorus.

This Place is Empty? About Patty Hanson, Keith feeling lonely.

Look What the Cat dragged in? Basically Mick, with maybe a riff from Keith or something.

Shots in the dark!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)