ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Fernando
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SWITCH SONG TO B-STAGE Return to archive
November 17th, 2005 08:17 PM
RollingstonesUSA If it have to be Miss You every single time? What would you replace it with?
November 17th, 2005 09:02 PM
the worst kinda guy Dear Doctor
Sister Morphine
November 17th, 2005 09:07 PM
ziggypayne Move Sympathy For The Devil back into Miss You's spot and then make throw Gimme Shelter into the current SFTD slot.
November 17th, 2005 09:12 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
ziggypayne wrote:
Move Sympathy For The Devil back into Miss You's spot and then make throw Gimme Shelter into the current SFTD slot.

nice call.
November 17th, 2005 09:20 PM
pdog In stadiums the transition effects the sound. There's a major delay, about 2 seconds or so, it seems to get syched up for the 2nd song. I'm guessing the reason for miss You, is the way Jagger sings, he over dramatizes and extends the words more, the delay is less noticeable. I picked up on it right away, but you must be close and, give a shit.
In a stadium, 75% of the people are moved closer b/c of the b-stage. I'd say only a few hundred near the b-stage would notice the delay... The people in the farther back seats are already subject to delays and seeing small people on a stage so far away. I doubt they care, during the b-stage our heros are much closer and the crowd goes nuts!
I'm not sure how this came off in arenas, since I've only been near the b-stage for two shows and they just took place this week.
More than anything else, only a very few of us care about the setlists. We are a small group compared to overall concert attendance. You could fit us bloggers into an arena and the place would be very empty. I'd bet more tickets have been sold for The Denver show then there is of us.
Rocks Off 3662 Users.
Shidoobee 3938 users.
I'm not sure of IORR or Gaslands numbers. For the arguments purpose, let's say everyone is a unique user and let's throw down equal numbers for the other Stones boards...
We ain't that many folks!
The Stones aren't picking a setlist based on our numbers, they're appealing to a large crowd at a show, most of whom have never seen The Stones and the others go to one, maybe (big maybe) two shows a tour.
[Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy] [Edited by Setlist Critic Guy]
[Edited by pdog]
November 18th, 2005 11:57 AM
Saint Sway I think it needs to be a mid-tempo number and swith to a rocker once the stage plants down at the end of the floor.

Love Is Strong would be perfect. So would PIB, Loving Cup, Slave (yes! Slave!), HTW, Emotional Rescue, Monkey Man, Some Girls or IT WONT TAKE LONG!!

or how about a stripped down version of Tumbling Dice?
November 18th, 2005 01:48 PM
Cocaine Eyes Miss You has to go. Maybe on the main stage, it's alright. I'd like to have Gimme Shelter or Starfucker on the B-stage.Or both.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)