ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Fernando
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GREATEST LIVE ALBUM OF ALL TIME Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
November 19th, 2005 01:12 AM
Zack
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

I've heard nothing but great praise for this live album. Can you tell me why it's so revered? I may have to run out and buy myself a copy.

It's Too Late to Stop Now proves Van Morrison has most soul of any white man on the planet. Great big band with horns, all over the map from funky to passionate, hear-pindrop-quiet to furious crescendos, topped off a smattering of his commercial hits. A must.
November 19th, 2005 01:29 AM
time is on my side In addition to the two that keep getting mentioned (Ya Ya's and Live at Leeds), I've always been partial to the Allman Brother Band Live at the Fillmore East- Duane & Dicky Betts were on fire (it's one of my alltime favorite albums). The Allmans were never really the same after Duane got killed in 1971.

Others that have been mentioned so I thought I would mention them again:

Lou Reed- Rock and Roll Animal
Neil Young- Live Rust
Derek & the Dominoes- In Concert or the later Live At the Fillmore
The Woodstock soundtrack album
George Harrison- Concert for Bangladesh (for some reason I've always loved this album)
Led Zeppelin- How The West was Won
Jimi Hendrix- Live at Winterland & Band of Gypsys (later expanded into Live at the Fillmore East)
Bruce Springsteen- Live/1975-85 or Live in New York
Grateful Dead- some of the ones in the Dick Picks series; Europe 1972; Live Dead; Ladies and Gentlemen...The Grateful Dead (Fillmore East- New York City- April 1971)
Ten Years After- Recorded Live or the later Live At The Fillmore East

What is it about the Fillmore East???? Would love to have living in NY & gotten tickets to some of those shows way back when.

Just got back from seeing U2 in concert (excellent show but the STONES were much better) so I'll also mention Under A Blood Red Sky

November 19th, 2005 01:35 AM
time is on my side Almost forgot the Dylan albums:

Live 1966
Live 1975
Live 1964
Before the Flood with The Band
November 19th, 2005 01:48 AM
glencar Ya Yas
Still Life
Love You Live
No Security
That One With The Match On The Cover
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)