ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Fernando
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Fresno ticket saga continues (and gets more complicated) Return to archive
November 16th, 2005 09:58 PM
Dan In my overzelous attempt to rid myself of this ticket by any means necessary, I accidentally picked up another in the row directly ahead. So now I have 2 tickets. They are singles but could easily pass for a pair. I am still desperately trying to make it up there but its looking very bleak.

If you want to buy my single ticket at full price ($80), I will throw in the extra for free. If you want to give me a ride from the Los Angeles area to Fresno and back, you can get a single ticket for free. If you want to give me a ride AND $30 you can still get the pair. Tickets have always never been anything more than a minor detail when it comes to my attendence at concerts.

However, my film school friend with the video camera is still very interested in making the movie. I am sure I could squeeze a 12 pack out of him if I told him we were going to be lighting a whole pair on fire. We could either light the whole pair at once with a new or modified script or use both scripts I wrote for each ticket.

November 17th, 2005 02:49 AM
pdog This problem has worsened...
If you sold both tickets, you wouldn't go to the show, correct?
It's hard to follow the bouncing poster!
November 17th, 2005 03:00 AM
glencar They're palying "Fresno"? What next, Kalamazoo?
November 17th, 2005 10:20 AM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
This problem has worsened...
If you sold both tickets, you wouldn't go to the show, correct?
It's hard to follow the bouncing poster!

If I sold both tickets it would only mean I currently don't have any tickets. I don't really care if I go to the show or not.
November 17th, 2005 10:21 AM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
They're palying "Fresno"? What next, Kalamazoo?

They are playing Fresno and no one cares.
November 17th, 2005 02:16 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
They're palying "Fresno"? What next, Kalamazoo?

Hey meth manufacturers like the Stones too!!
November 17th, 2005 03:21 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

If I sold both tickets it would only mean I currently don't have any tickets. I don't really care if I go to the show or not.

Why did you buy a second ticket? Didn't getting the first one you didn't want teach you anything?
November 17th, 2005 03:38 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

Why did you buy a second ticket? Didn't getting the first one you didn't want teach you anything?

Right. This is why I never buy concert tickets at all to begin with. I was playing chicken on Ebay and got it super cheap.

Actually Greyhound is looking quite convenient, can even come back the same night, still goofing around with it before I make a final decision. However, this one is sure blowing a big ass hole in my $11 per concert average for the rest of the year.

If anyone shows up ticketless and I make it to Fresno without a companion ($27 companion fare on Greyhound) I might just trade the stupid thing for beer or a ride to the bus station.
November 17th, 2005 03:42 PM
GimmeExile This is definitely a saga...I missed the earlier parts to the story. What movie is your friend shooting?

Dan, you're bound to find someone who will give you a ride for a free ticket. Hell, I would have driven you to San Francisco for a free ticket.

Btw, how do you live in L.A. without a car?
November 17th, 2005 03:43 PM
pdog
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

Right!
November 17th, 2005 03:50 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
This is definitely a saga...I missed the earlier parts to the story. What movie is your friend shooting?

The movie where I light the ticket(s) on fire because no one wants them

quote:

Dan, you're bound to find someone who will give you a ride for a free ticket. Hell, I would have driven you to San Francisco for a free ticket.

NOW you tell me! I wanted to see the SF shows more than any other!

quote:

Other than the occassional concert, I don't really go anywhere or do anything. I live a few minutes away from work (on foot). It also saves me from doing lots of stupid things I would rather not do ("Gee I would really love to Uncle Snarley's 8th Anniversary party but I don't have anyway out there...")
November 17th, 2005 03:52 PM
Joey " If you want to give me a ride from the Los Angeles area to Fresno and back, you can get a single ticket for free. If you want to give me a ride AND $30 you can still get the pair. "

<----- How do you live in L.A. without a car ?!?!

Yeah , good point Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji )

How(e)
November 17th, 2005 04:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" If you want to give me a ride from the Los Angeles area to Fresno and back, you can get a single ticket for free. If you want to give me a ride AND $30 you can still get the pair. "

<----- How do you live in L.A. without a car ?!?!

Yeah , good point Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji )

How(e)

for my baby joey

SUP Pdog!!!!
November 17th, 2005 04:12 PM
Dan I should also add its easier to take public transportation to Hollywood and back than hassle parking.
November 17th, 2005 04:56 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Dan wrote:
I should also add its easier to take public transportation to Hollywood and back than hassle parking.

Ain't that the truth! There have many times when I'm driving through Hollywood and see somewhere I want to stop but there is nowhere to fuckin park, so I don't stop.
November 17th, 2005 05:48 PM
Gazza How far away from LA is Fresno?
November 17th, 2005 05:50 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
How far away from LA is Fresno?

I live right by downtown Burbank, bordering L.A. on 3 sides and 219.1 miles away from me.

Why Gazza, you thinking about it? I am still bummed about missing you last time.
November 17th, 2005 06:24 PM
Gazza LOL..no (I'm off to London this weekend for Dylan however), but I know someone in San Bernardino County who was priced out of the LA shows...I'll contact them in case they can help you out

yeah, I would have liked to have seen you when I was in LA 3 years ago. Everything happened at very short notice on that trip, unfortunately but I had a wonderful time.
November 17th, 2005 06:50 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL..no (I'm off to London this weekend for Dylan however), but I know someone in San Bernardino County who was priced out of the LA shows...I'll contact them in case they can help you out

yeah, I would have liked to have seen you when I was in LA 3 years ago. Everything happened at very short notice on that trip, unfortunately but I had a wonderful time.

One of these days I will go to Belfast for a Therapy? gig.

Dude, if you're friend wants to go to Fresno let me know. I am hitting several different angles at once right now but its definitely worth a shot. He can even ask the stranger who drove me to Phoenix in 2003 for a reference.
November 17th, 2005 09:09 PM
mac_daddy i should have done it, but my wife is about to kill me, and i have to hang out this weekend...

it is killing me that i am not going, but i am glad to know that the tickets i had angles on are going to go to good use!

gazza - it will be between four and five hours driving up, and less than four coming home. that is the whole damn day, and i just cant swing it...

is cardinal fang going to this one..?

[Edited by mac_daddy]
November 17th, 2005 09:29 PM
Gazza Dan - I made a phone call and checked that out and unfortunately she cant make it as its too short notice, but thanks anyway. Had the show been a week or two away, she'd probably have bitten your hand off for the ticket(s)

Make a point of getting over here sometime. I'll make it worth your while.

Thanks again and hope you manage to get rid of the tickets OK
November 18th, 2005 12:18 PM
Dan Thanks for the effort! Probably going to take Greyhound. Funny how almost no one seems to be interested in this show, even for free. Wonder if thats the Metallica effect?
November 18th, 2005 12:26 PM
T&A metallica's not playing the fresno dig, Dan.
November 18th, 2005 12:28 PM
Dan
quote:
T&A wrote:
metallica's not playing the fresno dig, Dan.

yeah I know - hence the disinterest.
November 18th, 2005 01:20 PM
GimmeExile Fresno is getting a lot of big acts at that arena. Did the city get a major population/demographic boost?
November 18th, 2005 01:30 PM
Factory Girl I think Dan should get a scooter, and ride the scooter to Fresno. Tie the scooter down, and go to the show.

Go, Dan, Go!
November 18th, 2005 03:21 PM
Mikey Are the tix still available?

I am traveling from San Diego to Fresno and need two tix.
November 18th, 2005 05:34 PM
Poplar
i think Fresno is gonna rock. Not as manny yuppie stiffs as some of the other California sites...

and the ROrs are gonna lead the charge!

where is the pre-party?
November 18th, 2005 11:46 PM
Dan MY TICKETS ARE SOLD!!!!!

Still gonna be there though, I have to go to Fresno to sell the, but I will need just one ticket and have a bit more money to play around with. Dont think I will have any trouble finding something though just hope the unsuccessful EBayers actually turn up with the tickets looking for a best offer.

There is a Shidoobee party in the Tony Roma banquet room but I am trying to find out where that is. Looking forward to seeing everybody there!
November 19th, 2005 10:26 PM
Poplar
quote:
Dan wrote:
There is a Shidoobee party in the Tony Roma banquet room but I am trying to find out where that is. Looking forward to seeing everybody there!

looks like it's on the main drag with the arena (and our hotel at least).

i'm crashing that mutha fucka.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)