ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 4 Flix bonus features don't seem to work Return to archive
11-15-03 05:23 PM
crb69 I've tried all the DVD's on 3 different players (Pioneer, Samsung & Toshiba) None of the extra camera angles work or the backstage pass features. When you open up the song list it states certain tracks marked with a * or + will feature select-a-stone camera angles, back stage pass camera shots or commentary. I can't seem to get them to work???? Has anybody else seen this stuff yet? My players are all fairly new & the booklet doesn't even mention how to actually see this stuff. I've tried pressing the "angle" button on the remotes and one player even shows a 1/6 - meaning 6 angles??? But won't show 'em.

Any suggestions out there?

I joked with a buddy of mine that the DVD set was cheap ($30) cause you have to buy a new $200 DVD player to access all the features! LOL

OH NO..."Get Access" problems again! LOFL
11-15-03 05:32 PM
J.J.Flash That will piss me off when that pearl reach brazilian mega-stores and shops and the extra features don't work, not to mention how FUCKIN' EXPENSIVE it will be.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
11-15-03 06:15 PM
crb69 Don't get me wrong here, the set is absolutely fabulous. There are plenty of extras available on the DVD's including select-a-stone tracks set up for you already. I just know that these other features are supposed to work and they don't. I'm surprised I haven't seen more folks complaining about it. I thought it would be rather cool to go backstage during a song and I can't...It is somewhat frustrating not to get everything out of the set after you've watched it once through. I will have to try it on the pc next.
You know we just have to see it all at least once, then most fans will just watch the main features and turn it up loud of course (aka Let It Bleed)!
11-15-03 06:26 PM
Miss U. i'm watching Disc 2 now but don't know how to get backstage...help.
11-15-03 06:43 PM
crb69 OK OK I feel like an idiot. On the Main Menu you will find a section called Extras. In this section are interviews and other added selections. At the bottom is a feature called "Play Concert with Extras". I thought it meant play the show with all the added interviews at the end, etc. This is where you need to go to set up the "extras" in the Extras section! When you select to play the show with select-a-stone on, that feature will appear when the selected song plays; same with the backstage pass feature. Only backstage pass automatically changes during the song. This is similar to watching a movie's bonus disc with added footage only the song isn't interupted. There is also "info" available on this set up page. Sorry for the bs for all you fans still waiting for this. It seem to work fine...Rock On!
11-15-03 07:10 PM
Miss U.
quote:
crb69 wrote:
"Play Concert with Extras". I thought it meant play the show with all the added interviews at the end, etc. This is where you need to go to set up the "extras" in the Extras section! When you select to play the show with select-a-stone on, that feature will appear when the selected song plays; same with the backstage pass feature.!

I don't know if it works differently on the computer, that's how I'm watching it. I did what you said and went to "play with extras" and turned select-a-stone ON, but it doesn't seem to work. Which songs have SAstone? That would help me test this faster as I've already watched this 2-3 times now.
I seem to only be able to handle watching one of these discs at a time; my DVD-challenged brain needs a rest. LOL!!
11-15-03 07:17 PM
Miss U. OK, I got it to work now. Thanx.
11-15-03 09:01 PM
SHINE A LIGHT on disc 2 i got everything, but when the FBI warning came up, no extras this time.....the stones are really having fun with us!!!!!
but i must say, this is the stones as i've never seen/heard them before....it's like having them in my home,LIVE.....