ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sneak preview 4 F in Belgium today/review Return to archive
11-15-03 01:15 PM
coowouters Well,

I won tix for a sneak preview today of one of the shows on 4F. Was really scared that it would be the HBO show, but when the announcer stepped up on the stage, he told us that we were going to view the Olympia!!!!
Before giving a little review; I counted exactly 8 Stones Fans in the public! All others were just people who had participated just for fun (or because they enter every contest they find) and won 2 tix. As a result, I was standing there in full Stones gear; Vredenburg T-shirt, Stones Jacket, Shidoobee "Astoria" hat, Skull ring and the works. The place was half empty, probably because winners didn't care to go to Brussels.
Anyway, I got interviewed by written press and TV
So, after the announcement (and given the release date for Belgium (next tuesday)), my friend and I were ready to roll!
First of all; GREAT sound and image, but a lot of overdubs. If you heard the CC-release of this show, you can clearly hear were they overdubbed (especially at the beginning of the show). Because of this overdubbing, it is a GREAT show! There's this funny moment were Mick hands the mike to Charlie, and Charlie actually says something "I now want to sing for you.......but he (Mick) won't let me" (meanwhile grinning from ear to ear).
Great interaction between the group members, as a first (for me) a bass solo by Daryll Jones and so on.
To bad the audience was just there to watch "a movie", so my friend and I, except for another couple of fans, where the only ones to really rock! (Pointing during "I need you, you, you" clapping after songs, yelling things like "Ronnie, turn it up", answering Keith when he said something and handclapping with the real "Olympia public".
All in all a great 100+ minutes. We were the last ones to leave the "room" and yes, there they were again; the press people, waiting for the few Stonesfans )))
Of course, we only had a preview of a part of what is coming our way, but if the rest of 4F is as good as the show we just watched, it will be something every Stones fan should have in his house.
When I got home again, I was exhausted in the same way as after a "real" concert. Had to lie down a little to recover
Only to bad that it was such a lame audience (that had much more fun watching us than watching the show

Chris from Belgium

[Edited by coowouters]
11-15-03 01:32 PM
LadyJane Good for you Chris!!

I watched the Olympia Show last night and thought it was fantastic!!

And I agree with you that the interaction of the band members was extra special. My favorite part of the whole "Charlie speaking to the crowd" was Mick and Keith's reaction. They were grinning from ear to ear as they approached each other and nearly fell over laughing. I thought I read Keith's lips say something like "It only took 40 years." Priceless.

Tonight...Twickenham.

Anyone with doubts....for 30 dollars...Four Flicks is a steal!! Buy it!!

LJ.