ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Party New Year's Eve with The Brides!! (NSC) Return to archive
11-13-03 11:47 AM
Miss U. The Brides manager just emailed me this news, any interested people to contact her directly.
Thanks.

Hello,
I want to apologize for the length of this email but I have alot of details for you.Stonesplace does not have a website so I am helping the owner to sell tickets and promote this wonderful NYE event that hope we you will join us at ! If you have any questions at all, please email me here. Also, Jerry has asked that each ticket purchaser email me their name and quantity of tickets ordered so I have a back up list for him that we can cross reference.The club will only sell 200 tickets so do not delay. Please do not call Stones Place because they are only accepting mail orders.
To order tickets, you must send a postal money for $50 CAN or $39 US payable to
Stones Place
1255 Queen Street West
Toronto ON Canada M6K 1L5
Be sure to include a note with your full name and amount of tickets purchsed. You will be asked to show ID that night to redeem tickets, they will not be mailed to you. In my humble opinion, I suggest sending your payment by certified or registered mail to insure delivery.
The doors open at 8 and the band will be on at about 10:00. There will be hot horsdeuvres provided and each guest will receive a small bottle of champagne.

The club will be opened on the 30th in case any of the out-of-towners want to stop by or have a meeting place.
Although I do not have the hotel group rate secured yet, I was advised to refer:
The Days Inn, 30 Carlton Street, 416 977 6655. They have availabilty, parking, are 3 miles way from the club and are moderately priced. When you call, mention Stonesplace ... I am waiting for the hotel manager to return my call.

Please let me know if I can do anything to help you. Again, please send me an email to confirm your purchase. On behalf of the band, thank you and we hope to see you in Toronto.

Sincerely,
Kerry Muldoon
www.theblushingbrides.com
PS I will be out of the office from Friday until Monday AM but will answer your questions then

[Edited by Miss U.]
11-13-03 08:24 PM
Some Guy seems allright
11-13-03 09:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot I met Eric from Sticky Fingers this past Sat. nite. He mentioned that he was going to be playing some dates with the Brides...I wonder if this is one of those dates. Man, Eric does Mick Taylor better than Mick Taylor does Mick Taylor.
11-14-03 10:11 AM
Factory Girl I've seen the Brides 3 times. They're fun!
11-14-03 02:27 PM
Miss U.
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Man, Eric does Mick Taylor better than Mick Taylor does Mick Taylor.

But does he look like MT? LOL!!
11-14-03 05:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot No, Eric's skinny as a rail. And I didn't see him get all sweaty...even during the last set when things got quite hot.

Question for everyone. Is it important for a "tribute" band to look like their actual counterparts, or is it enough to simply have the sound down?

My thoughts on this: I could care less what they look like. I'm more interested in the music. In fact, look alike bands are kinda scary IMO. It's like they crossed over the invisible line.
11-14-03 07:08 PM
Miss U. It's entertainment. They don't have to look like the stones, but if they do who's complaining.
11-16-03 08:05 PM
Stonesdoug Eric played with the Brides in Massachusetts this past week-end/ He won't be playing the New Year's Eve gig.