ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hyde Park 1969 Return to archive
11-13-03 04:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man stewed & Keefed gave me his vhs copy of this documentary and i had forgotten how good it was! It is definantly one of finest Rock Documentary's ever made.

Also, it wasn't just an historic moment in British and The Stones history, it was also a really good show. Sure the guitar's are a little out, but they sound so raw and ragged, as if they hadn't rehearsed at all. Keith looks as cool as fuck too!

It's so good, im evan prepared to over look that god awful bull-fighting style waist-coat Bill is wearing!

Alex
11-13-03 04:42 PM
stewed & Keefed Glad you enjoyed it Alex.
11-14-03 07:25 PM
Miss U. I think Keith looked awful there. Interesting to watch though. How'd ya like Mick's white dress?
11-15-03 05:43 AM
Honky Tonk Man It's god-awful Miss U!

Yet it seems to fit the occasion perfectly. Peirce Broson described it as a tu-tu in the recent BBC Stones documentary.

Keith's having a bad hair day for sure. Those blue-tinted John Lennon style sun glasses he wears back stage are really goofy.

He still looks great though!

Alex
11-15-03 10:10 AM
mac_daddy gotta love him ripping off the bong, too
11-15-03 01:28 PM
scratched
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
gotta love him ripping off the bong, too

I keep hearing Keith takes a hit from a bong on the film. I've got the film on video but have never noticed this! When does this happen?
11-15-03 11:33 PM
mac_daddy Keith snaps the bong in the hotel room before the show...
11-16-03 07:48 AM
corgi37 Jaggers dress was be "Mr. Fish", a top London designer at the time. This was the movie that did all the damage to my wallet, my family and my friends. I saw it at school (i knew of them, but was into them - i was 16). I cried during Sympathy because i was so blown away. I mean, i had never seen anything so mesmerising as those black blokes in the grass skirts. It sure aint the most polished of shows, but as it was my intro into a life-long love, i will always adore it. Which reminds me...I still havent got the dvd version, only vhs. Mmmm, xmas maybe?
P.S. Ronnie Wood was there that day too, and wished the guys well. What wouldnt you give to see any footage of that pop up on a re-mastered dvd. Oh, and its not the whole show. What was cut out?
11-16-03 08:01 AM
Honky Tonk Man Here ya go Corgi

1 Im Yours And Im Hers
2 Jumpin' Jack Flash
3 Mercy Mercy
4 Down Home Girl
5 Stray Cat Blues
6 No Expectations
7 Im Free
8 Loving Cup
9 Love In Vain
10 Satisfaction
11 Honky Tonk Man
12 Midnight Rambler
13 Street Fighting Man
14 Sympathy For The Devil

What a setlist! Im presuming it was ALL FILMED, so why they didn't release the other number's on the "Stones In The Park" DVD as a bonus i don't know.

Alex
11-16-03 09:30 AM
cwatts0462 good point honky tonk man
i would love to have the complete dvd
suprised it hasnt been booted yet
complete that is on video
11-16-03 10:43 AM
rogerriffin anyone could share the artwork of those dvd?

post it or www address, please...

thanks.
11-16-03 04:27 PM
Miss U. I would have loved to see songs #6, 8, and 4.

Have a feeling they probably omitted alot of the show because it wasn't a good performance...
[Edited by Miss U.]
11-17-03 04:45 AM
corgi37 Thanks for the set-list. My guess why the whole lot wasnt filmed was because it was a Granada television doco, not an official Stones thing. It wasnt meant to be a simply music thing, but an event thing. You know, the hippie sub culture, Stones place in that culture, backstage stuff. And the whole thing only goes for an hour. Still, i assume even in those hazy days, they would have arranged SOMEONE to film the whole thing. Only hassle would be that alot of stuff from the 60's was simply dumped, burnt, or taped over. So many BBC shows are missing, presumed taped over or used as land fill.