ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: White Album Live Santa Cruz, CA. December 19th and 20th. (SSC) Return to archive
11-12-03 11:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl My good old friend Dale Ockerman (the keyboard player who replaced Nicky Hopkins on the legendary sike-ay-delic band Quicksilver Messenger Service) just sent me a cool invitation that unfortunately I cannot attend but I’m sharing this with you.

PRESS RELEASE
11/11/03

A "WHITE" CHRISTMAS IN SANTA CRUZ-
THE BEATLES’ WHITE ALBUM (LIVE)
RETURNS TO THE RIO THEATRE
Friday and Saturday, December 19th and 20th 2003
8:00 PM Doors at 7:00

After two sold out weekends this year, first at the Rio in May, then at the Henry Mello Center in Watsonville in September, the White Album Ensemble is bringing back their live re-creation of the Beatle's "White Album” to the Rio Theatre for the Performing… in time for the Holidays, a joint production of the Ensemble and the Rio. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Guitars not Guns (a non-profit organization), and Santa Cruz Music Schools Programs.

The Santa Cruz Sentinel's front- page review of the performances said "If you missed the White Album show, start kicking yourself now", and "The best concert in Santa Cruz in years". A follow-up article by the Sentinel’s Wallace Baine stated, "Both Rio shows — benefiting local schools and anti-violence programs — were sold out. Many people felt they would enjoy the concert. But a common response in the wake of those shows was that people weren’t merely entertained, but transformed".

The "White Album Ensemble" has been rehearsing for 9 months towards realizing the White Album in its entirety, beginning to end. Each show will start with side 1, cut 1, "Back in the USSR", with an intermission after "Julia", then Side 2 will be reproduced, starting with "Birthday", and concluding with "Good Night".

Replicating the Fab Four's many overdubbed parts on the album requires 8 top Santa Cruz and Monterey, Ca. based musicians and vocalists including:

• Jason Schimmel (Guitar, Keyboard and Vocals)
  • Tiran Porter (Bass, Vocals),
  • Dale Ockerman (Keyboards, Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals),
  • Ken Kraft (Guitar and Vocals,),
  • Alan Heit, (Vocals, and Guitar),
  • Michael Daughtery (Drums, vocals),
  • Bob Bliss (Keyboards, Guitar and Vocals),
  • Richard Bryant (Vocals, and Percussion).

These musicians have performed and recorded with the Doobie Brothers, Estradasphere, Snail, Jerry Miller Band, Quicksilver Messenger Service, the Little River Band, and many others.

The performance will be enhanced with choreography
by Sara Wilbourne, era Video projections, and
additional vocalists.

Tickets are $24 general admission and $38, plus 5% Santa Cruz City Entertainment tax. Tickets will be available at Streetlight Records, Santa Cruz (831) 421 9200, Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium Box Office (831) 420 5240, the Rio Theatre Box Office, 1205 Soquel ave. (831) 423 8209, or online at

http://www.riotheatre.com

(Note French spelling of theatre)

Come dressed a la 1968!

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
11-13-03 10:14 AM
Tom Just wondering how Revolution 9 sounds live
11-13-03 10:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I can imagine how it sounds... sike-ay-delic
11-16-03 10:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl To honor those who replied that the white album is the best or the second best double album of rock I'm replying here to move it to the top

I'll take it to the top.... baby