ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I got my Flicks at 10 am Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11-12-03 12:39 PM
Mikey The documentary stuff was just great.
11-12-03 12:46 PM
Glimmer Canada has them on sale for $40.00 at Best Buy and The Future Shop. I picked mine up at The Future Shop and they had one of the DVD playing on screens but were actually playing studio CDs throughout the store of the Stones. They moved the entire Stones catalog to a special area right next to where they had the DVDs displayed.
11-12-03 01:40 PM
Joey " I love all four of the discs! I give them all an A+. "

Come to Joey ..........................

11-12-03 01:56 PM
quackenbush Overall, Four Flicks is a great package for just a couple of bucks. Although, I wish an equally good or better show was put on there rather than the Madison Square Garden show. Everyone who is a Stones fan has already seen and taped that show. At least, they got rid of those ridiculous still pictures between songs.

The other minor complaint I have relates to the extras. Many Stones fans who have been to Rollingstones.com has seen the song commentary, which was on there to hype Forty Flicks. They only took about eight of the forty commentaries. Lazy.

11-12-03 02:26 PM
gypsy Yeah, but now we have the MSG show on DVD, instead of VHS.
11-12-03 02:59 PM
Joey " Yeah, but now we have the MSG show on DVD, instead of VHS. "

11-12-03 03:02 PM
jb I think it was hastily put together and unremarkable.
11-12-03 03:04 PM
Joey " I think it was hastily put together and unremarkable. "

11-12-03 03:07 PM
Dandelion* Is this new dvd all new live concert stuff, with them all gargoyle looking replaying things that sounded better on the original recordings? What is the percentage of old footage and documentary footage? I suppose for $29 I shouldn't care. Is that 5 dvd thingy better?
11-12-03 03:07 PM
Dandelion* Oh yeah - and is Steelie back?
11-12-03 03:08 PM
Joey " Is this new dvd all new live concert stuff, with them all gargoyle looking replaying things that sounded better on the original recordings? What is the percentage of old footage and documentary footage? I suppose for $29 I shouldn't care. Is that 5 dvd thingy better? "

You are asking a LOT of questions on this Wednesday Afternoon !

Let me do some research and I will report back to you later on today .

Jacky !

[Edited by Joey]
11-12-03 03:09 PM
Jumping Jack Things might sound better and your pain may go away if you take your head out of your behind, LOL!

11-12-03 03:09 PM
Dandelion* Thanks!!!!!!!
11-12-03 03:44 PM
Some Guy We need More Stones Hype and less Stones Gripe!
11-12-03 06:20 PM
glencar A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+ A+
11-12-03 10:39 PM
JaggaRichards I keep playing Rock Me Baby from Disc 1 over and over.
Is there something wrong with me?????
11-12-03 10:51 PM
gypsy Dande*, the 4-DVD set is great...and the price is really low. You really should buy it; you'll enjoy it. I can't understand why anyone would complain about the discs.
jb must be bullshitting, as per usual.
11-13-03 07:30 AM
Some Guy This Friday night my house will be rocking! I'm gonna watch it all, from start to finish. Saw a Four Flicks Best Buy commercial on tv last night during south park, it looked good
11-13-03 09:20 PM
Dandelion* I almost bought it. I happened into a Best Buy because I was early for a dinner reservation and needed to kill time. I looked at it and it didn't move me. Perhaps I should reconsider? Not many moved off the big display, sorry to say...
11-13-03 09:23 PM
Some Guy Give it time
11-13-03 09:31 PM
Dandelion* For what? I thought I'd probably buy it and changed my mind when I picked it up and read the back. Not a good sign, I'd say. It just doesn't seem all that apealing. Not like the Criterion box for Gimme Shelter. It just killed the sale. Seemed too cheesy.

Who the fuck is that on your avatar?
11-13-03 10:09 PM
Some Guy You know time for the sales to build. The 2 fellows on my avatar are Dave Lee Roth and Edward Van Halen, still a fan
11-13-03 10:10 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
You know time for the sales to build. The 2 fellows on my avatar are David Lee Roth and Edward Van Halen, still a fan

11-13-03 10:11 PM
Some Guy Still ain't figured out the edit
11-15-03 12:56 AM
Some Guy Just got through with disc 3 and damn what a show. The B stage was stupendous. I still like the theatre best, but the arena rocked. I believe they were better at Turner Field in tha ATL. coulda been on the flicks
11-15-03 07:42 AM
Nellcote Dandy, you really need to get back to the Cowsills message board, with all due respect. Your were in Best Buy and did not purchase this? Really, for $30? You must be joking. I left work for it, screw 'em all. You have got to be kidding me. You do not own For The Record yet? C'mon. It has many warts, however, there are some great stills and vid, as well you get bootlegs playing in the background. Watching Four Flicks has put me right back @ the B Stage, high fiving Ronnie @ Gillette Stadium the second gig of the tour. It is wicked pissa. Please come to your senses, take the fishooks out of your pocket, get these items NOW!
That is your Stones Directive for the weekend. Post again after Mission Accomplished, you will thank me later.
Page: 1 2 3