ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I got my Flicks at 10 am Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11-11-03 10:24 AM
Some Guy I met a cool lady waiting outside, and she had been to 10 shows in Europe. The party is on. Best Buy was hooked up, cool psters and Stones blasting on big screen. The dvd's look great, nice package. Let's do this!
11-11-03 10:33 AM
Stones Fan, Gar Glad you got it, good to hear Best Buy is doing a decent in store promo,too. I will have to wait, like a fool, I made the mistake of asking for the set as a Christmas gift. Oh come on Christmas day! Let it rock! Gar
11-11-03 10:36 AM
scratched Get your Flicks....

On Route Sixty-Six!

Sorry.
[Edited by scratched]
11-11-03 12:03 PM
scope
quote:
Stones Fan, Gar wrote:
Glad you got it, good to hear Best Buy is doing a decent in store promo,too. I will have to wait, like a fool, I made the mistake of asking for the set as a Christmas gift. Oh come on Christmas day! Let it rock! Gar

I admire your patience. I couldn't do it.

My wife wanted to get this for me for Christmas. Told her I'd give her the outside wrapping and she could put the money inside and wrap that in a box for me to open in December.
11-11-03 12:03 PM
Nellcote No fanfare @ The Best Buy I was at. Got it, got out.
I'd offer to pick it up for anyone who is in need here in the States. I'm not here to make any dough on this, just cover the costs of my travel, shipping by USPS Priority with tracking. $40. I'll send it to you. Helping out any Stones fan, that's all. Send me a PM if interested.
11-11-03 12:08 PM
jb There is absolutely no excitement here whatsoever....this is a non-event. Nothing like the pandomonium over the LZ DVD...another poorly planned event by Cohl.
[Edited by jb]
11-11-03 12:09 PM
Jumping Jack Best Buy here had a big screen and surround system cranking 4 flicks in the front of the store and 40 Licks on the PA. All the other big screens had a football game on however.
11-11-03 12:15 PM
Some Guy WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just watched disc 1, very good. That Well, Well jam was cool as shit! There will be another Stones album, I could sense it. A good day so far. Best Buy was blowing it out. Saving the other discs for later. THE STONES ROCK YOUR FACE!!!
11-11-03 01:22 PM
scope Just got back from picking up my copy. Very quiet at the Best Buy I went to. Some banners hanging from the ceiling, but that was it. Saw a commercial for the DVD while waiting on the checkout line.

So, here I am staring at these DVD's, wishing I had laser vision. Maybe if I hold them real close to my eyes, I might get a glimpse of what's in store. Damn, no luck. Time for plan B. Oh boss man, I don't feel too well. Maybe I should go home now so that I'm okay for tomorrow and I don't get everyone else here sick.
11-11-03 01:26 PM
jb Like I said Scope, this is another embarrassment for the band....this thing will be lucky to sell 100K at this point.
11-11-03 01:30 PM
Some Guy jb, I sense your unhappy. Why? Why are you not happy on such a joyous day
11-11-03 01:33 PM
jb I am always unhappy when the Stones poorly market their products...
11-11-03 01:37 PM
Some Guy Besides that, what do you think about it??
11-11-03 01:37 PM
Nellcote JB, do we really care the amount of product it moves?
It's The Stones, dammit!
In addition, with a price of $30, we are talking the ability to make it the best rock dvd set for sales figures yet, you should understand. What is going to outsell it presently on the shelves, in that category?

As I've asked you in the past, why are you not their
financial advisor, taking the place of Prince Lowenstein?
Further, you really do not think the Stones care, do you?

You really should consider hoisting another mantra in place of this infatuation (what a pissa video that was BTW) with Stones sales figures. This continual ranting just does not suit your barrister image.
11-11-03 01:40 PM
Trey Krimsin It's not the Stones marketing, JB. It's usually the management of the store who decides what to promote more. Some stores have the Stones on their TV's while others don't. That responsiblity of promoting falls on every store manager and their management team. They decide not to heavily promote the Stones DVD. You should probably give a call to your local Best Buy and blast the manager.
11-11-03 01:40 PM
jb Your right Nellcote...they actually have tried to promote this fairly well given the exclusive with BB and appearing on the Today Show. I am now happy again...hopefully we will actually hear (spelled correctly) guitars on the DVD.
11-11-03 01:42 PM
Some Guy jb, why won't you acknowledge me? Why?
11-11-03 01:44 PM
jb Hello Some Guy....how are you? The courts are closed today and i gave my staff a paid day off. How are you doing?
11-11-03 01:48 PM
Some Guy Fantastic!! Thanks, I am taking today off to jam to the flicks. And I just got a call for an interview for a job I would really enjoy. My job now is great, but this would be killa!! Much closer to the house. How the heck are you?
11-11-03 01:50 PM
jb Truthfully, I have been suffering from lower back pain right near my right kidney for about a month...I am getting a little concerned...I took some pain killers and they didn't really help....
What kind of job are you interviwing for?
11-11-03 01:51 PM
Poplar
I walk into the local Best Buy, and Ronnie is jam'n out the Can't You Hear Me Knocking solo on a big screen right in my face!!! yeah!!! then, the small and very reasonable fee of 30$. no complaints here as far as the purchase procedure goes. it took 5 minutes, and i heard stones the whole time i was there. what the hell do people want, a Stones cover band in the Best Buy? good grief.

now - i have to wait 9 hours at freak'n work before i can watch. ugh. this is going to be a long ass day.

once again - thank you stones.
11-11-03 01:55 PM
Some Guy Drive thru at Taco Bell...... just kidding, A Senior Project Mgr. with another property management co. jb you need to take some glucosamine, at the herb shop. In 2 weeks you will feel great. The fountain of youth
11-11-03 01:58 PM
jb Good luck...I'll try ther glucosamine...
11-11-03 02:00 PM
Some Guy And now ... it is time... for disc # 2!!
11-11-03 02:57 PM
Factory Girl I got mine 10:15am. .
11-11-03 03:02 PM
Some Guy Damn!!!!!!!!!!!
Disc 2 is brilliant, gotta come back to it after dark. The only show I saw was Atlanta stadium show. capping it off later with the theatre. This shit rocks
11-11-03 03:04 PM
Joey " Truthfully, I have been suffering from lower back pain right near my right kidney for about a month... "

My nipples hurt .

11-11-03 03:06 PM
Trey Krimsin Maybe you should stop pinching them so much, Joey. They might fall off.
11-11-03 03:06 PM
Some Guy Joey, do you like the Flicks?
11-11-03 03:24 PM
Joey " Joey, do you like the Flicks? "

Did not buy it !!!!!!!

I am going to ask for it as a Christmas gift . That way I can view it on the DVD Player whilst I drink my " Hess Select Cabernet Sauvignon Grand Reserve '99 " and ignore the relatives on Christmas Eve / Day !

Skee !

Page: 1 2 3