ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

THE NEW BARBARIANS GOIN' NUTS!
With Ziggy Modeliste at the International Amphitheater, Chicago - April 30, 1979

Henry Diltz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey! Remember This Guy? Return to archive
11-16-02 10:31 PM
parmeda Taken from The Chicago Sun-Times

Saturday, November 16, 2002

Pot-smoking judge agrees to treatment

A Michigan judge who acknowledged smoking marijuana at a Rolling Stones concert will enter a 28-day program for alcohol abuse. Traverse City District Judge Thomas Gilbert has been on voluntary leave since Nov. 6, two days after admitting to his bosses that he smoked marijuana at the Oct. 12 concert in Detroit. An unidentified woman reported the judge after she saw Gilbert, 45, smoke a marijuana cigarette as it was passed along a row of people at the concert. Gilbert later apologized for "this error in judgment.''
11-16-02 10:58 PM
~AzQb

~RoTbFl

...just ...~RoTbFl!

~
11-17-02 02:29 AM
parmeda
I know Annie, I know...
I kept shaking my head back and forth on this one.

(That poor bastard, lol!)
11-17-02 03:05 AM
~AzQb

...i mean, it's so fucked up, parm. This cat didn't even have his own shit, probably hadn't smoked in awhile, and just takes a hit at a show to relax and some gash rats him out?

Poor guy!

~

11-17-02 07:24 AM
luxury1 This has probably ruined this guy's life. Some people just dont get it and shouldn't be at Stones shows. I witnessed something like this at Giants St. 9/28. Two big guys ratted out this poor quiet dude who was just slumped in his seat quietly getting high. Security dragged him out by the elbows--I couldn't believe it--especially with what I had stashed in my pockets!! I think WInter saw this go down also. By the way girls, get after Winter to post his photo--damn cutie pie that one!!
11-17-02 10:07 AM
Sir Stonesalot Personally, I think we'd be better off if all our authorities smoked pot.

Instead of busting on this guy, they should put him in charge!
11-17-02 03:18 PM
Highwire Rob And they put him in a program for alcohol abuse?!!

How inane is that! It's possible he doesn't even drink alcohol . This is just more embarrasing evidence re: our U.S.'s ever-failing marijuana policies.

--Rob
11-17-02 03:21 PM
sasca Does anyone know what his attitude as a judge was to drug-offenders?
11-17-02 03:51 PM
parmeda sasca...these two articles may be of an interest to you.
Please try to refrain from any outbursts of laughter.

http://www.record-eagle.com/2002/nov/17judge1.htm
http://www.record-eagle.com/2002/nov/17judge2.htm
11-17-02 04:01 PM
sasca Oh, God! What a loathesome, hypocritical toad.
11-17-02 07:26 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
parmeda wrote:
sasca...these two articles may be of an interest to you.
Please try to refrain from any outbursts of laughter.

http://www.record-eagle.com/2002/nov/17judge1.htm
http://www.record-eagle.com/2002/nov/17judge2.htm

What a fucking dickhead!

Man, I felt bad for the guy when I first read of his plight, now I hope he gets tagged for everything the "story" is worth. Scumbag.