ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

THE NEW BARBARIANS GOIN' NUTS!
With Ziggy Modeliste at the International Amphitheater, Chicago - April 30, 1979

Henry Diltz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beer for lunch Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-15-02 06:05 PM
Scot Rocks See ya there Sir, drunken wisdom in abundance tonight!!!!!!!!!

See ya all!!!!!!

Listening just now to Happy on Love you Live,

"Happy" Mark
11-15-02 06:09 PM
Joey

" Joey is still dead "

Here I is !!!!!!

" He is still feeling the Heat Ronnie "

Joeykins

11-15-02 06:30 PM
Scot Rocks "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems" H/S

and how true!!!!!

Mark
11-15-02 06:46 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Yep, to alcohol!!!!!!!!!
11-15-02 06:51 PM
Maxlugar Hi everyone!

I'm home now.

....and drinking....

The forecast in Oyster Bay is a slight chill in the air with partly cloudy skies high in the low 40's with buzz developing around 8:00PM and 90% chance of full Nolte and drunking post blathering by midnight.

YES!

See you then!

Ma-ma YOW!

Ma-ma YOW!

Ma-ma MAXYPUPPY!!
11-15-02 08:03 PM
beer
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Maaaaan....

I'm just sitting at school, still. I'm in (gasp) a High School play... that contains no Rolling Stones.

This fact needs to be remedied.

Today's just a crappy day all around. I want to go home, maybe have a Keith Richards Special to celebrate (my parents honestly don't care as long as I tell them and they make sure I don't get plastered) and go to sleep with December's Children blasting on my headphones.

My plans for Boston are still up in the air, but I'd love to see what's what with y'all if I get a ticket. Turns out my father thinks me going down to MSG for Saturday night would be a better idea (for some reason)... mmmm.... I miss the city.

-tSYX --- Talkin' bout my generation...

Are you that kid from "Almost Famous"? I thought the show reviews you wrote were great!
11-15-02 08:19 PM
steel driving hammer Word to EVERYBODYS mother!

Stones are IT!

Let me pour EVERYBODY a good long drink.

Ain't NOBODY gonna stop the Stones now.

Don't deny the Stones desire!

Just let your inabitions run wild!

STONES!

Cheers to the Stones world touring, again.

God Damm.
11-15-02 09:19 PM
nankerphelge Well! That's better.

On the way home, I saw a guy drivin' a Camaro with a license plate that reads "WRECKED". I gotta think he's getting pulled over more than most huh? I wondered if he was a Stones fan. He looked the part.

Tonite is red wine and Vancouver Groover nite.
If you have to ask, you'll never understand.

11-15-02 10:03 PM
sirmoonie Hey! Sorry I'm late.

Nanky, got room in the fridge for this? I know man, its big. Thats what she said! Haaaaa, haaa, haaaaaaa! Dude! High five!

Oh man, pitching Nolt, but got other duties for awhile. Damn. We need like live video Stones chat.

Dreaming.........

Catch you dudes later. Bought Wyman's dealie today and have some questions and thoughts and if I can remember them by the time I get back here it will be a miracle!

"Take the high road, Ronnie!"
11-15-02 10:54 PM
nankerphelge Just listened to Aftermath and Tattoo You.

My head is all tingly!
11-15-02 10:56 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy No, not the kid from "Almost Famous".... but I is back, and my night has gotten substantially better. We did a comedy play thing at our school, and it was funny and delicious, although it had minimal Stones content.

No Nolte for me, but I think I'll have a drink before bed of something or other, clear my head, knock me out.

Nothing brightens one's day like getting clapped at. The Stones have figured this out.

Did anyone see that article in the New York Times about Robert Blake's prison cell? Damn, now that's expensive living. Hope you LA taxpayers are happy knowin' where you're money's going.

My band's kickin' into high gear - we have our first gig in about a month and we need to get a 90-minute setlist together pronto. I'm actually playin' in two bands - one as a full member and the other as kind of a session musician, 'cept I don't get paid for rehearsal.

Isn't it great how the Stones keep on inspirin'? I mean, we have groups from all generations who've picked them up.

Anyone know anything about Geoff Emerick's new baby The Syrups? Apparently they're so good a lawyer who heard them quit his high-paying LA job to start a record label for them.

Ah well, since this thread seems to have such a random twist... how's everyone's night/morning/whatever? Are we getting plastered yet?

We expect updates. The community needs to know of your sobriety. Sergei, you in particular. You give out the best information drunk. We like you sober, too, but when you're drunk you let slip more fun things.

-tSYX --- Child of the moon, bid the sun arise...
11-15-02 10:58 PM
~AzQb

Sorry i'm late too, RocksOffers!

I misplaced my cognac coloured footie Pj's and sleeping bag with tongues on it! I bought that bag special for such a gig as This!

But now we can spin the tunes@crack open the Sundries&Fundries and talk about

HeavyHitterMagazine!

Yes!

It needs to happen~!

11-15-02 11:01 PM
nankerphelge I take pretty good photos.
and I write okay too.
Or I could be VP in charge of chiba!
11-15-02 11:03 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Az, what's Heavy Hitter Magazine?

And why must it happen?

Ahhh, I'm spinnin' up "Now Look".

Screw all you Taylor-ites. He was a wanker. Admittedly, he was an incredibly talented well-mannered guitar-playin' incredibly influential man who played on some of their best tracks... but he's still a wanker 'cuz he ain't in the band anymore and has been kicking himself ever since.

-tSYX --- I ain't lookin' for much at all...
11-15-02 11:05 PM
~AzQb

Nanker!

ChibaKIng! You know yer bud, pal!

So you are in charge of that little depart ment, ok?

{I also have some ideas about letting you sniff out the interviews...The HeavyHitters! whaddya say! Now all we need is jb's g's and we can begin! Talk to him, nanker! He'll listen to you!}

~!SpJrLsS
11-15-02 11:13 PM
~AzQb

RonnieLovingTizzy!

HeavyHitters is the name being BrainInThejarJangled around at this little slumberFest!

HeavyHitters is just this BrainJarJangled thing with MaxyYupperPupper at the helm. We're talking making the creation of George look like a pithy kindergarten thing,and FoldingTome truly obsolete.

B.B.King's in NY will premier this RighteouslyRawkingRag and ...i have a player in mind!

~!Don't want to sleep...want to BrainInTheJarJangle! Who's In~!
11-15-02 11:17 PM
sirmoonie Need to hit liquor store. Back in a minute.

Just dropped in to say that this SavieYoungIzzy kid is a fucking genius.

Damn that kid can write.

I read everything he posts. I actively look for posts he is in.

Look how well he has taken the dings about his post regarding Ronnie-Guitar god. Stood by his position, admitted some of it was spur of the moment (as it is with all of us), took his 40 licks, and then stayed his goddam ground. Thats balls for someone of his vintage!

"SavvieYoungieSomethingie is the best damn poster to come around since Octavious, Ronnie!"
11-15-02 11:38 PM
~AzQb

SparKlYSiRMooNie!

How bout making the RonnieLovinTizz in charge of youth trends around the world? Travel the globe and take the temp of his peers! Write intensely&cleanly about his generations' Sorrowful ears of apathy... Then open their worlds,Eyes,&EaRs with reviews and pieces on the Excellenceof TheRollingRiGhtEouSSwIngOfThEStones!

Many a youth will be turned on ! I see a new generation-- ears & hearts opened by theRonnieLovingTizz!

C'Mon Sir! JanGlE that Genius! Dance, baby, DaNcE!!!

~SpJrLsS
11-15-02 11:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Only if you call my column "RonnieLovinTizz", Az.

And send me places with low drinking ages.

-tSYX --- While the sun is bright, or in the darkest night...

P.S.: Aww, thanks SirMoonie. Nice o' ya. Now go pull that Nolte!
11-15-02 11:55 PM
BILL PERKS 10 AMSTEL LIGHT'S IN AND I'M SURE GLAD I'M GETTIN TO GO TO MSG-LISTENED TO NO SECURITY ALL EVENING AND I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS RECORD GOT SUCH A BAD RAP,I'D LOVE TO HEAR OUT OF CONTROL AT MSG,BUT I'LL BE TRASHED THERE SO I WONT CARE.
11-16-02 12:08 AM
~AzQb

shit Bill.

You ruin EVERYthing, don't you?

wanker.

~
11-16-02 12:53 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
~AzQb wrote:
wanker.

Or, as the French say, branleur.

I don't understand why the word "wanker" isn't in widespread use in the US. It's such a useful word.

-tSYX --- Dum diddle dee dum dum, little girl where did you come from?
11-16-02 05:54 AM
luxury1 I know what you mean Moonie--I even accused SYIzzy of being a fraud, --you know, some old dude/dudette just messing with us. But he assured me he was 16/17 and had some proof of some kind (I forget what is was at this moment). Very erudite kid (did I spell that correctly SYI?)
11-16-02 11:35 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy It's Saturday night.

Where's everybody?

Az, I expect many-a-miscapitalized word in your posts, AsAp. WeAllkNow the ReelheAvyhItTer!

Where my SNL is at?

Ah, here it is.

I'm gone.

Tah tah.

-tSYX --- Got to get into a fight...
11-17-02 01:58 AM
~AzQb

Hi LilWailinRonnieLovinTizz!

What kinda guitar you playin now, boy? Writin yer own stuff i hope? Hope you got that setlist down * ) Saw you BrAinInZJaRJaNgLiN!

Cheers! It's Satuuuuuuurday Niiiiight!

~!
Page: 1 2