ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

THE NEW BARBARIANS GOIN' NUTS!
With Ziggy Modeliste at the International Amphitheater, Chicago - April 30, 1979

Henry Diltz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beer for lunch Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-15-02 03:12 PM
nankerphelge Have I ever mentioned how good beer tastes on company time?? MMMMmmm Harp for lunch today! And now happy hour is only moments away with some folks that are going to the Other Ones show tonite in DC. I'm sure there won't be any white hair chiba there....

11-15-02 03:15 PM
Sir Stonesalot Right, that is definately a purple hair crowd.
11-15-02 03:24 PM
steel driving hammer Btw, there's some white haired bud going around here for $100 even, for a quarter.

You know, the kind Nanky bought to the C-10 meeting.

Shit'l knock the socks right off yer shoes!
11-15-02 03:28 PM
Maxlugar Only one hour until I sit on my train and sip from a Fosters Oil can and stare out the window at Queens rushing by...

Yup.

Just stare out the window and think of you guys, my Stonesian kin.

I love you.

Maxypup, AWM!
11-15-02 03:29 PM
nankerphelge Sounds like White Rhino -- cannibus cup winner a few years back -- look all frosty? That's some demon weed there! Makes you feel like you are walking thru Jello!

11-15-02 03:36 PM
steel driving hammer Think the White Rhino is natural or chemical though?
11-15-02 03:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Natural or chemical?

Who cares as long as it works.

Chemicals are our friends.
11-15-02 03:46 PM
nankerphelge Well, it is a natural strain -- it can always be doctored later. But those cup winners are natural strains -- bred for the head!!
11-15-02 03:47 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Natural or chemical?

Who cares as long as it works.

Chemicals are our friends.

LOL, you made a funny.

Nice.

Cheers in about 2 you bastard!

Just Play the Fucking Bastard!
11-15-02 04:21 PM
sirmoonie Something in the air today. I can feel it. A kind of deep, rarified Stonesian love has settled in for the weekend.

Steelie's got dope and he found his bag of hammers.

Nanky drinking the day away.

Joey is still dead.

Maxy sitting on the train with his Fosters and his little red backpack folded neatly across his lap.

Voodoo in his computer lab surrounded by avatars and IPs and header pics.

AZQB's on a roll.

Is there love? Yes, I feel love. We is love. Love am us.

I will see some of you tonight when the fire has been lit.

"Stoke it, Ronnie!"
11-15-02 04:27 PM
jb Most people, unfortunately, will not see another show this tour....that is very sad....
11-15-02 04:28 PM
Moonisup i am enjoying a wodka right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-15-02 04:32 PM
jb Rebel Yell ....
11-15-02 04:34 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
Most people, unfortunately, will not see another show this tour....that is very sad....

Yeah, but...but...deep Stonesian love and all of us rolling around on pillows.....

ahhh, forget it.

Josh, you just pissed on one of the best damn reveries I've ever had. I hope you are proud of yourself!

Fuck it! I'm still gonna go home and get canned. I don't need you. I don't need anyone!
11-15-02 04:36 PM
Moonisup
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I don't need anyone!

we just need booze sirmoonie and sex!!!!!!!!!

Rik
11-15-02 04:37 PM
jb ...
[Edited by jb]
11-15-02 04:38 PM
nankerphelge I hope everyone will meet back here tonite and post some drunken thoughts -- it's been quite some time since everyone met up for a drunken post nite. I'll see y'all about 9PM EST. Now, off to happy hour...
11-15-02 04:40 PM
~AzQb

MoonieTRipPingTheLightFantastik!!!

I know JUST what you mean.

The kind of bash that has Gazza leaving Ireland and joining us! The kind of bash where we play TheStuffThatSwings!

TheFromtheWombSwingSoulStuff!

The kind of bash where the beer never, ever runs dry!

The kind of thing where nobody touches the sound but US!

We have to personally ok every disc!

Yes Sir.

I'm with ya ; )

~!SpJrLSs
11-15-02 04:44 PM
Scot Rocks Sir Moonie, same thoughts here across the pond, been a shitty day for me, first had to attend a medical at 8am this morning at the Credit Card Call Centre where I have started working, then Uni for the the rest of the day until 5pm then I had to start taking my first calls at the call centre tonight, I was absoutely shit scared, as I have only had a week of training, and consequently I was thrown in at the deep end and it was a nightmare, all I could think about was coming home, sticking on Love You Live and downing a few cans of the fine ale of Tennents Lager...and maybe a little something else...

God we are lucky to have the STONES!!!!!

It is the only thing that keeps us goin sometimes.

Beer is lifesaver.

Mark
11-15-02 04:46 PM
Moonisup beer is cool

Wodka is better

wooden shoes are the kings
11-15-02 04:52 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
we just need booze sirmoonie and sex!!!!!!!!!
Rik

I suppose your right, Muppie. I lost my head there for a second.

Hey Mupp, can you and SCOT ROCKS make it to Nanky's drunken board slumber party later tonight? Set your alarms for like 3 or 4 in the morning.

I'll be there and I'll be really, really drunk! Yayyyy! Drunk!!!

I bet Maxy and Steelie and Stoney and AZQB and Joey and a bunch of my other best friends will be there! They will be drunk too, I bet! Yaayyyy! Drunk!!!!

I'm gonna get drunk on Tennets! Because Scot Rocks said it! Yaaaayyyy for Scot Rocks! Yaaaayyy for me! Yaaaayyyy for drunk!!! Yaaaayyyy!!
11-15-02 04:54 PM
~AzQb

rik!

One thing you MUST learn, son: when a HeavyHitter such as Moonie posts, you DON't just dive in.

Let his words simmer a little.

Maybe then you wouldn't post inane little blurbs.

Not to be mean or anything, but sometimes you've ruined that HeavyHitterFlow, ya know?

Peace!
~!
11-15-02 05:06 PM
steel driving hammer Sir Moonie, I've always loved your posts btw.

Payday is comming and my work is all done.
We gotta off schedule train riding two mile out.
Can't stop the train you gotta let it roll on...!

God damm I'm gonna crank the Stones tonight!
11-15-02 05:27 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I usualy take wodka for breakfest...
11-15-02 05:35 PM
luxury1 Oh god, I love you nuts! Only on Rocks Off.
By the way, what if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?
11-15-02 05:38 PM
steel driving hammer You just shake it all about...

;^)
11-15-02 05:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Maaaaan....

I'm just sitting at school, still. I'm in (gasp) a High School play... that contains no Rolling Stones.

This fact needs to be remedied.

Today's just a crappy day all around. I want to go home, maybe have a Keith Richards Special to celebrate (my parents honestly don't care as long as I tell them and they make sure I don't get plastered) and go to sleep with December's Children blasting on my headphones.

My plans for Boston are still up in the air, but I'd love to see what's what with y'all if I get a ticket. Turns out my father thinks me going down to MSG for Saturday night would be a better idea (for some reason)... mmmm.... I miss the city.

On an unrelated note, I was humming "Heaven" in math class today. I'd like to say that this is all your fault, Side-Two-Of-Tattoo-You-Cultists.

*sigh*

It's a cah-razzzy world out there, 'full of lies and hate' to quote our boy in that other band Mr. Townshend... but damn me if being a Stones fan somehow makes the world a better place to live in for me.

-tSYX --- Talkin' bout my generation...
11-15-02 05:45 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
By the way, what if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

That would explain a few things. Like Bob Dole.

-tSYX --- That's what it's all about...
11-15-02 05:49 PM
luxury1 Well it is only 6pm EST and I am already lit. And I have been thinkin' bout sumthin all day, so I'm gonna start sharing the luv.
Since I was a little kid I've been listening/collecting/reading everything I could about the Stones. Started cutting things outta magazines making Stonesian collages that hung all over my tiny bedroom (man, I wish I still had some of those). Sure, my friends were into music too and had favorite bands, but no one touched my level of loyalty/fanaticism when it came to the Stones. Well, finally, at 35 yrs old (ahem) I've found "my people." It's such a thrill to know others are out there who will actually debate and find mildly interesting the fact that Mick is in the papers again, or if Ronnie had an "off" night, or rush to check the set list from a show across the fucking country or ocean for Christ's sake. We all "get it." And, man, I am so grateful to have found this board.
11-15-02 06:02 PM
stonedinaustralia it's already saturday morning here

that's one downer about being this far around the globe...when you cats are partying i'm having breakfast and when i'm out of my head you're all going to work

cheers anyway
Page: 1 2