ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

THE NEW BARBARIANS GOIN' NUTS!
With Ziggy Modeliste at the International Amphitheater, Chicago - April 30, 1979

Henry Diltz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gasx3...? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-15-02 06:02 AM
~AzQb

Keno's...anybody know what the hell happened?

~
11-15-02 06:07 AM
Scot Rocks Nope, I donno, it's all still down.

Mark
11-15-02 07:48 AM
Factory Girl Annie, its down. Why, I don't know.
11-15-02 07:49 AM
Maxlugar I'm pretty sure the Log Cabin Republicans shut it down.

Don't fuck with them!

Maxy, AWM!
11-15-02 07:51 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Log Cabin Republicans shut it down.

AWM!

why max,why?

what is AWM!?

TIA

SIA
11-15-02 09:48 AM
~AzQb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Log Cabin Republicans shut it down.

Don't fuck with them!

Maxy, AWM!

Maxy!

Now you knooooooooooooow that if those wonderful Lincolns had done so, they would've gone after RocksOff as well

And here we are ; )

~p/s did Steelie really see you on the telly ? and what's WITH you and the telly, anyway ? {if it was up to moi, those geeks wouldn't have been karoeke-ing on rs.com-- no, instead, Maxy&Co. would've been filmed in all their glory @ YOTI}

~!
11-15-02 10:09 AM
Stonesprofessor Actually Keno mentioned something about moving and changing his ISP [but nothing about his host!]..perhaps thats the reason.....
11-15-02 10:12 AM
~AzQb

DigItProfessor!

He DID mention he was moving; maybe he hasn't set up yet--must be a pain in the arse

~
11-15-02 11:20 AM
jb This is very upsetting....keno worked very hard and for someone to hack into the site and ruin it is fucking bullshit..
11-15-02 12:06 PM
steel driving hammer No Queenie but it looked like Maxlugar of olde.

Btw, I heard a good joke today, hope I don't get banned for saying it...

A black guy walks in to a laundry mat to do a wash.
Then he notices all the washing machines are white.
So the black guy yells at the laundry clerk and says "Why the hell are all these washing machines white bitch?"
Then the laundry clerk responds "Yes all our washing machines are white, but if you look inside one, you will find a black adgitator."

LOL!!!

LOL!!!

LOL!!!

11-15-02 12:19 PM
~AzQb

steelie

yer insane.

But i love you dearly.

~{I DID laugh, i admit}
11-15-02 12:35 PM
Maxlugar What do you mean the Maxlugar of old?
11-15-02 12:39 PM
steel driving hammer LOL, you know what I mean.

For Christ sake have a cuppa tea...

Thanks for recommending this one btw, love it.

Muswell Hillbillies came out in 1971, and it was the Kinks' first release on RCA. This explains why you haven't been able to find the little bastard for years, but the good kids at Velvel know what's up; They've reissued this 1971 album (and are filling in the gaps for everything up until 1984). Muswell Hillbillies may very well be the best Kinks album you never heard, a scathing but witty take on urban renewal. No, it's not quite a concept album, more like an idea album-- a buncha songs that are a bit downbeat in theme but lively in execution.

What's a Muswell Hillbilly? Well, Muswell Hill was a community in England that the Davies family had to move to after their neighborhood in North London was razed and gentrified. You do the math, kiddo.

Muswell Hillbillies features Ray Davies at his whipcracking best, rolling out lyrics like "The milkman's a spy and the grocer keeps on following me/ And the woman next door's an undercover for the KGB." It's a pretty simple sound, and one that's more folk and country based than any album they'd ever done. A wonderful brass band turns up on two of the album's best tracks "Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues" and "Alcohol" (oh, there's a good combination). "Here Comes the People In Gray" is a bluesy stomp about a man whose house is being torn down by the city. "Oklahoma USA" is a pretty ballad about living in a fantasy world "with Shirley Jones and Gordon McRae." But other than the insidiously catchy chorus of "Have A Cuppa Tea" (you may be driven to murder if you listen to it too long), I can't find much to complain about with these Hillbillies.

11-15-02 12:42 PM
jb Why did someone attack the site...just b/c we liberals liked Keno as he is a cool hippie with LadyBird...this is republican bullshit at its worst...
11-15-02 12:45 PM
~AzQb

steelie

sorry i'm not actually discussing the MUSIC, man, but i was wondering if you or anyone else knew if Chrissie Hynde's kid's father is Ray Davies, Dave " ", or that cat from Simple MInds, that kindasorta MTV band from the 80's ?
Chris something or other is it?

Just wondering if you knew, TrebleTeleTone-- could surf around but i'd much rather be here asking

~
11-15-02 12:50 PM
steel driving hammer Baby I couldn't tell you honey.

May you can pour some candle wax on my balls and then we'll talk...

LOL, just kidding, gotta laugh today!
Skies here in ILL are cold and grey but It's Friday Night!!!

Thats what I'm talking about Max!

11-15-02 12:52 PM
Maxlugar Ray Davies did not father her child.

His sperm was rendered useless after Preservation Act II.
11-15-02 12:54 PM
~AzQb

SteelieTrebleTone

if you don't stop fucking with FG i'm strapping PLayboy bunny ears on you and inviting you and Joey to an allexpense paid tete e tete on WEst 8th Street...where you too can discuss nacho cheese and the intricities of underwear drawers, k?

It's not cool to fuck with my friends ; )

~
11-15-02 12:55 PM
~AzQb [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
Ray Davies did not father her child.

His sperm was rendered useless after Preservation Act II.
[/quot
e]

So Maxlugar

it was Dave or that guy from Simple Minds then. Help me Maxy, Help me Maxyh! i'm smoking too much today!

~
11-15-02 01:17 PM
Child of the Moon I emailed Keno, and he told me that his server went down, and he's not sure when the site will be restored.
11-15-02 01:18 PM
jb Thank you...I thought he was hacked by the republicans who frequent that board...
11-15-02 01:23 PM
Maxlugar Probably that 'mo from Simple Minds, my Queen.

11-15-02 01:23 PM
Joey Maxy.........

Was that you I saw walking past the Today Show Studios this morning around 7:00 AM CDT ?. You had on a black turtle neck sweater with orange cuffs and highlights .

Please , tell me it was you ............I's gots to know !

And now ladies and gentlemen ......................THIS !

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JO Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo JOEY !!!!!

Snaggle

11-15-02 01:24 PM
~AzQb

YupperPupper

Thats the dude.

~!
11-15-02 01:31 PM
steel driving hammer Hey Joey what we dranking tonight?

A little Belladona on a Two Saint Night?
Hiding in corner in New Yoak City!

There'll be a nice cold front blowing tonight.

Maybe we gotta cuddle up to keep warm...
11-15-02 01:33 PM
Joey Steelie.................

Was that you I saw crawling past the CBS Morning show studios this morning about 8:00 CDT ?

I abhor the way the cops picked you up off the sidewalk and threw you into the wagon . I didn't think cop cars dented .

Some of the kids were busy picking up your teeth off the street when you guys sped away to the station .

" Bite Me HARD Ronnie "

Bunny Joe

11-15-02 01:41 PM
steel driving hammer Yup, that was me.

Ever heard of White Haired Chiba?

Got my 5 on the bud....
11-15-02 01:45 PM
Maxlugar No, but Newt Gingrich was a white haired LEADER.

LOL!

YESSSSSSSSSSS!

{{{{{CRACK!!!}}}}} Over the center field wall and into the Black! Holy Cow!

Maxy, AWM!
11-15-02 04:26 PM
Scot Rocks Hi Az~

Jim Kerr is the guy from Simple Minds you mean, I donno if he is the father though.

Regards

Mark
11-15-02 04:33 PM
~AzQb
HeyScotRocks

Thank YOu! this little question has been niggling my rusty ragged "crown" all day ; )

~it's Friday Night!
Cheers~!
Page: 1 2