ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

THE NEW BARBARIANS GOIN' NUTS!
With Ziggy Modeliste at the International Amphitheater, Chicago - April 30, 1979

Henry Diltz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any Springsteen Fans Here? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-15-02 02:08 AM
supergoatz Hi All...

Just curious if there are any Bruce Springsteen fans here that would be interested in trading some Stones boots for some Bruce boots...I have a few really great shows...looking to expand my Stones boots collection...I only have 2 right now and I'm jonesin' (no pun intended) for more...

cheers
sg
11-15-02 02:14 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Who da fuck is Bruce?

11-15-02 04:14 AM
Moonisup bruce is a fart
11-15-02 06:03 AM
luxury1 Hey--now I want that magazine cover as my avatar!--Wake up Voodoo, damn it, and help me.
11-15-02 07:54 AM
Factory Girl Hey luxury1-that would be a GREAT avatar!

Btw, I used to be a Bruce fan-saw him 3 times. But, I lost interest.
11-15-02 09:54 AM
~AzQb

hey goatz{what's with this "goat" thing ?}

Anyway...the only thing my ear can really stand by Broooooooooooooooooooce is Born To Run&TenthAvenueFreezeOut. That tune wails.

To my ear he always puts his brass too high in the mix and the guitars are way too low; and live, forget it, man. Ear can't take it.

I actually find a bit of the newest Rise OKAY. But my ears just can't take much of him and his band{s}

Clemmons IS one hell of a player though ; )

~!
11-15-02 09:58 AM
jb Despite my attacking him for the 9/11 promo shit, I will see him again in Nov. in Miami for the 15th time...not to many rockers left these days ....
11-15-02 12:00 PM
steel driving hammer " Any Springsteen Fans Here? "

No.

Don't you love how his Rising album fell just as hard as it was raised by the press?

I do.

11-15-02 12:13 PM
Factory Girl Jb-you seeing anyone but the Stones-SCANDALOUS! Lol...just kidding!

Btw, guess what my new fave band is. No one will be able to!
11-15-02 12:15 PM
~AzQb

FFG

i'm gonna take a wild guess and say...nah, i can't...yer such a dichotomy of tatste leaning Stooges i just can't do it

Do tell, Girl ~!

~
11-15-02 12:17 PM
jb Hall and Oates? They are playing the pompano beach Amphithetr tommorow!!!
11-15-02 12:19 PM
Factory Girl I'll give you a hint-They're American, they no longer exist as a band, their big hit was a synonym for a male chicken.

Btw, Pdog just e'd me. Told him we're all here while Gasx3 is down. Come on down, P. Lol
11-15-02 12:26 PM
~AzQb

FFG!

One hit wonder--? Come on, Girl, now ya got me going -- give us another hint or two ; ) what decade? Did they actually play instruments or were they ala the Village People

~RoTbFl, PjRlSsS
11-15-02 12:29 PM
jb Little Red Roster....
11-15-02 12:31 PM
Factory Girl They were not a one hit wonder. Decade-1990's. Their last show was opening for Kiss in 1996. Come on Annie-a MALE CHICKEN! What do we call a male chicken?

This is like charades...kind of.
11-15-02 12:32 PM
Factory Girl jb is very close.
11-15-02 12:34 PM
~AzQb

the Fucking Buzzcocks?!?!

K, you GOT ME now ; ) Cock what? Rooster what?!? i'm rattlingZbrain, Girl!

~
11-15-02 12:37 PM
Factory Girl Rooster-is the correct answer. Now, name that band. Their other huge hit-was about being in a coffin.
11-15-02 12:42 PM
steel driving hammer Alice In Chains.

But they did and do suck anyway.

11-15-02 12:42 PM
jb Their dead?
11-15-02 12:47 PM
Factory Girl steelie, you bite the Big One. I will NEVER help out out again, ever. Sugar Blue is right on.

jb-the singer died.
11-15-02 12:47 PM
~AzQb

Fucking FG!

I'm lost ; ) "Rooster" was the name of their hit? What? whafa?

~zQ
11-15-02 12:48 PM
~AzQb

FFG!

OD???

Help!

~zQ
11-15-02 12:55 PM
steel driving hammer All I said was Alice In Chains.

Yes the singers passed away from Herion.

Layed 6 feet under ground and thats just too deep for me baby...
11-15-02 01:05 PM
Starfucker Bruce rocks!!!
11-15-02 01:08 PM
~AzQb

His chair, right?

~RoTbFl
11-15-02 01:14 PM
Starfucker nope, not his chair...

don't get me wrong, I'm a stones fan.. (keith rules!), but Bruce's shows are longer and he plays more different songs during a tour... (and he doesn't release crappy remixes as b-sides)
11-15-02 01:17 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
steelie, you bite the Big One. I will NEVER help out out again, ever. Sugar Blue is right on.

jb-the singer died.

Whaah babe?
11-15-02 01:18 PM
justinkurian Hey,
Bruce's album did go to number one and stayed there for three weeks. It's hard for any older rock artist to stay that high on the charts...And it's one of his best, too.
11-15-02 01:21 PM
jb His album has to date outsold 40 licks, but we are catching up and i think ahead on worldwide sales.
Page: 1 2