ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

THE NEW BARBARIANS GOIN' NUTS!
With Ziggy Modeliste at the International Amphitheater, Chicago - April 30, 1979

Henry Diltz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do you ever have a song.....? Return to archive
11-15-02 01:42 AM
TracyGene Do you ever have a song that kind of gets to you. I mean, you put it on and it sticks with you? Right now, I have "Blinded By Love" from Steel Wheels on.Not my favorite album, but I put it on last night. Kind of sticks with me, is it just the magic of the Stones?
11-15-02 03:57 AM
lin continuing with steel wheels, i find myself listening to 'terrifying' over and over, it's one of mick's sexier vocal performances, he does a good job with it.
11-15-02 11:13 AM
rocker Yes, mine is "Thru the Lonely Nights." its the best slow stones song ever, and how it didnt make the list on ghs in place of angie i will never know.
11-15-02 01:01 PM
~AzQb

Been humming "keys to yer love" this gorgeous morning...

~!
11-15-02 03:54 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
rocker wrote:
Yes, mine is "Thru the Lonely Nights." its the best slow stones song ever, and how it didnt make the list on ghs in place of angie i will never know.

Rocker, I almost agree w/ you my brother.

Cheers.
11-15-02 04:17 PM
jb GS from Brussels affair...gotta listen everyday...
11-15-02 04:29 PM
SirMuddy Wild Horses...
from everyway, everywhere, everybody...
But the better version is me on my acoustic five strings guitar! :P

Keith's We had it all & You got the silver...
Stones Ballads are the best thing in my life...
Except for my old Lady!
11-15-02 04:37 PM
sasca 'Scream Thy Last Scream'. Terrible sadness. Angry, gleeful, a psychaedelic folk-song with backing vocals by the Chipmonks. A band playing on a sinking ship.
'See Emily Play'. The mystery of the seasons.
[Edited by sasca]
11-15-02 05:26 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat At the moment: You got the blues...played very loud....
11-15-02 06:50 PM
StrangeStrayCat Interesting phenomenon, isn't it? My most recent were:

Hey Negrita (current)
Crazy Mama
Tie You Up (Pain of Love)
Prodigal Son
Hand of Fate (owing to the Aragon rendition)
11-15-02 06:54 PM
tumblingdice Through the Lonely Nights or Think I'm going mad, have been recently but there are several that just take turns being that song.
11-15-02 11:00 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy "That's How Strong My Love Is".

So. Damn. Good.

-tSYX --- Baby, baby, that's how strong, that's how strong...
11-16-02 02:43 PM
padre Seems that every time I pick up my guitar, sooner or later Back To Zero comes from it. Oh, sorry I remembered it wrong. Dead Flowers I ment to say. Dead Flowers and guitar....yeah, that's it. That's the one that'll stick with me like the rug on Bill's head.
11-16-02 08:51 PM
mandrack Don't tear me up
Out of Control,
list is simply too long
11-16-02 09:00 PM
JaggaRichards Can't Turn You Loose from the Palais Royale boot.
I keep playing it every day-LOUD!!
11-17-02 08:07 AM
mandrack She smiled sweetly-I think it's from Roseland,
simply great!!!
11-18-02 03:23 AM
gypsymofo60 Gimme Shelter, studio version. Get's me everytime, never fails. A song that musicaly, and lyricaly sums the world up I think, whether it's 1969, or 2002. I'm not so sure about it as a live song, it seems to lack some dynamic, but I am warming to that version,(the raw, angry version), on 'Get What You Need'.