ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

THE NEW BARBARIANS GOIN' NUTS!
With Ziggy Modeliste at the International Amphitheater, Chicago - April 30, 1979

Henry Diltz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chris Robinson's Solo CD (NSC) Return to archive
11-14-02 03:45 PM
steel driving hammer For those like me who thought The Black Crowes were going to "Carry The Torch" when and if the Stones Stop.

Still think this is gotta be the next best thing...

http://www.newearthmud.com/

11-14-02 03:53 PM
jb Thanks SDH...Chris Robinson has not been the same since his marriage to Goldie's daughter...Hollywood messed him up...but well worth for that beauty...
11-14-02 05:07 PM
steel driving hammer Damm straight Hollywood messed him up.

Ronnie once said, "If your not an actor, get the fuck out of Hollywood."

Just that album today and it's mellow. Nice tunes.

11-14-02 05:56 PM
Half Nanker Messed him up is right! Did anyone catch his mini "work in progress" tour this past summer? Whoa! It was very cool of him to do the Stones' "No Expectations", and it was a highlight but, the whole show was VERY melancholy. In fact, when you consider that one of the shocking high points of the night, at least in Minneapolis, was a cover of the Carpenters' "Close To You"....you kind of go, "Hmmm." Especially if you are talking about Chris Robinson.

To his credit, his vocals have never sounded better and he plays a wonderful acoustic guitar. That being said, I miss the Crowes.
11-14-02 06:18 PM
Hand O Fate Im a big Black Crowes fan, but Robinson's new CD is horrible. Its like one long lullybye. None of the songs have any balls. I was real dissapointed. Kate Hudson is the devil.
11-14-02 06:31 PM
Factory Girl I saw Chris R. on his mini tour doing that horrible spineless drivel. He REFUSED to do any CRowes or Stones in Concert, even when fans called out for it!! I think this is just a stage he's going through. If not he needs to SMACK OUT and get back with the Crowes.
Btw, he is real mouthy and has a good sense of humor.
11-14-02 06:43 PM
full moon His solo album is not like The Crowes at all, but isn't that the point. To do something else?? I like his solo album quite a bit. But, I prefer The Crowes...
11-15-02 08:44 AM
dkmonroe The Black Crowes started out as imitation Stones, but they quickly turned into imitation Humble Pie.

And, in my opinion, the best album they made was the imitation Zeppelin album they made with Jimmy Page.
11-15-02 09:14 AM
cocksucker And now Robinson is doing an imitation of himself!
11-15-02 09:32 AM
Factory Girl I saw the Crowes with Pagey tour. One of the BEST Showes I've EVER SEEN. And, I've seen a LOT of shows.
11-15-02 09:58 AM
cocksucker fg i think you have seen one too many
11-15-02 10:24 AM
TT Read this under TAPING POLICY for his shows: (Would be nice for Stones shows, like the DEAD also allowed)

Chris Robinson encourages his fans to audio record the New Earth Mud performances to share and trade with other like minded folks. If you want to take home a copy of the show you witnessed, you are welcomed to do so. These live recordings are for personal home use and are never to be sold or modified.

Mics/stands are okay to use from your seat, as long as you do not obstruct any person's vision. Please remember to respect the crew and those around you so that everyone has a good time. Enjoy the music!
11-15-02 11:59 AM
steel driving hammer Does anyone know if Chris Robinson is forming a band.

Why'd they break up? There was almost nothing wrong w/ them.
11-15-02 04:15 PM
KeepRigid I caught one of Robinson's recent on-air interviews, where he revealed little about the 'why' but much about the 'when again'.

Basically, he admitted the hiatus won't be ending anytime soon- at least, not until 'all the members are actually speaking to each other again.'

11-15-02 06:09 PM
Street Fighting Man I digged the Black Crowes 1st album, but after that it quickly fizzled for me. It probably would have been somewhat interesting to see them coupled with Jimi Page a couple years back or so.
11-16-02 01:39 AM
Bluzian Well being a huge Crowes fan myself, I feel I ought to put
my two cents worth.

Like the solo jagger/richards albums, I don't think the
Robinson record is supposed to sound like Crowes.. it's an
illustration of how HE the artist is feeling at this moment
in time - and this feeling is entitled to change, and he
may dismiss it at a later date (when he and Kate Hudson divorce)

I quite like Goldie Hawn, and I do think that they make a
great couple. I also think she is the main reason why the
Crowes decided to disband for a bit..

Ive listened breifly to the new NewEarthMud record, and quite
like the texturizing.. good layering of tracks, and very
WARM sounding.. as RocknROll fans, do we always need to be
ROCKING 24/7?? Can we not roll a bit, and mellow??

Lastly, I thoroughly enjoy listenign to Crowes records, for
they capture the essence of all those emotions the Stones
once did 30 years ago.. love, lust, aggression.. social
commentary.. grooves.. AMORICA is great, and Southern Harmony
is WICKED!!!!!

Cheers!
Ian
11-16-02 01:45 AM
~AzQb
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Does anyone know if Chris Robinson is forming a band.

Why'd they break up? There was almost nothing wrong w/ them.

Kinks=DaviesBros+NoSpeaky
Snores=RobinsonBros)NoSpeaky

Steelie

if you start a band, don't include anyone from your family!
Last longer!