ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

THE NEW BARBARIANS GOIN' NUTS!
With Ziggy Modeliste at the International Amphitheater, Chicago - April 30, 1979

Henry Diltz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oakland setlist Return to archive
11-13-02 02:11 AM
Stonesdoug 1-Street Fighting Man
2-IORR
3-If You Can't Rock Me
4-Don't Stop
5-Ain't Too Proud To Beg
6-Heart of Stone

EXILE NIGHT
7-Sweet Virginia
8-Loving Cup--a girl walks down the catwalk and gets tackled
by security
9-All Down the Line
10-Tumbling Dice

Introductions

KEITH
11- Thru and Thru
12- You Don't Have to Mean It--Ronnie on organ

13- Start Me Up
14- You Got Me Rockin
15-Honky Tonk Women
16- CYHMK
17-Satisfaction

B stage
18--Mannish Boy
19--When the Whip Comes Down
20--Brown Sugar

Encore
Sympathy for the Devil
Jumping Jack Flash
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
11-13-02 02:55 AM
MarthaMyDear THANK YOU, DOUG!!! IT WAS ***GREAT*** MEETING YOU, OF COURSE!!! FINALLY!!! Take care, ok., and I'll talk to you soon, alright??? Anyways, ALOT MORE SOON!!! Jealous of the nice jacket... lol............ :P ROCK ON!!!
11-13-02 03:23 AM
Child of the Moon Y'know, as great at this setlist is, WHY COULDN'T THEY DO IT AT TACOMA!!??
11-13-02 04:38 AM
MarthaMyDear Too bad, Child Of The Moon... TOO BAD!!! NE NER NE NER NE NER!!! HA!!! HA!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P I'm just playing with ya', but ain't it a BITCH when you pay hundreds of bucks and don't get the set list like above??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST KIDDING!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!! laughing... lol........... :P :P :P :P :P GOOD COFFEE TONIGHT!!! lol............................ :P :P :P :P Oh, that's good... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P ROTFLMAO!!! lol................ :P :P :P :P :P Totally cracking-up!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P That's excellent... lol.......... :P THANK YOU!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
11-13-02 10:36 AM
sandrew CYHMK is back, set list looks fresh again. Too many alarmists on this board! I'm kidding ... sort of.
11-13-02 11:23 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy To our naysayers on the setlists:

You have been owned by The Stones.

Damn, now *that's* an awesome Exile set. Throw in "Rocks Off" somewhere and you've got a killer. And "Heart Of Stone"? "Ain't Too Proud To Beg"? Man, these guys are kickin' ass and takin' names!

Any reviews yet?

-tSYX --- You shook me out-a last night...
11-13-02 11:32 AM
luxury1 Have they been doing Love Train?--I still want that in January!!
11-13-02 11:36 AM
MarkP I went to the Oakland show. Good seats in Section 116. It was a great show. High energy. Way too loud, and the sound was not as good as at Pac Bell Park. I saw the Stones in the same venue in Oakland on the No Security Tour, and the sound was much, much better then too.

At the middle part of CYHMK when it shifts into a jam song, Keith tried to do something cute with his ryhthm playing, and stumbled, and nearly derailed the song. Most of the musicians stopped playing and even Mick ran back to where Charlie was to see what was going on. Charlie kept the beat going, and Bobby stepped up and played his solo, and got the rhythm back on track. It was great after that. Heart of Stone was a killer version. After the little stage, they didn't go out the back, but walked back along the walkway. Mick forgot to introduce Daryl Jones, so Ronnie got to do that.

This was my 4th Licks show, and definitely the best.
11-13-02 12:43 PM
Martha

Oh Yay!

I knew they hadn't deleted CYHMK from the set-list!!!!
11-13-02 12:55 PM
doo doo doo Dude They need to dump You Got Me Rockin. They played it in LA too and it was a total head scratcher, flacid and boring. It's also one of the weakest "licks" on 40 Licks.
11-13-02 01:57 PM
sandrew Dude, I agree. It's criminal that that's on 40 Licks but "Waiting on a Friend" isn't. That's my only complaint about the CD, aside from the infuriating edits on a few of the songs.
11-13-02 02:14 PM
T&A Agree about YGMR. They played it all three times in the Bay Area---at least 2 times too many. As my friend, Juno, says, it's a paint-by-numbers song. Boring.

Aside from the CYHMK glitch mentioned above the other major trainwreck was You Don't Have to Mean It - I mean I think Keith was gonna stop the tune 90 seconds into it - Charlie couldn't find the beat at all - Mick finally went back to him and started clapping the beat until he finally grasped it, but then lost it again. Funny stuff, IMO. It shows that anything can happen - Charlie lost the effin' beat!

Great show - Aint' Too Proud to Beg, ADTL, Heart of Stone and Loving Cup pushed this one over the top.
11-13-02 02:52 PM
ehellweg re the girl who ran down the catwalk during loving cup:
i think she would have made it but her pants came off! from where i was sitting (110 row 6, right by the second stage), she was running at a good clip, and then her pants started sliding down and lost her step a bit. i dunno if she was planning on mooning the crowd or if she broke her button jumping on the stage. it was a funny sight until the security guard slammed her on the ground.
11-13-02 05:50 PM
Gazza >Have they been doing Love Train?--I still want that in January!!

they played it in Los Angeles (at the Staples show, from my hazed recollections!) However, Mick wasn't wearing the 'pimp' style attire that he had on at previous shows in the tour,like at Madison Square Garden...
11-13-02 09:05 PM
doo doo doo Dude They did play Love Train in L.A. and the crowd really got into it but for me it was way too much Bernie Fowler-ish and not enough Rolling Stones-ish. It was another number I could have done without...not to complain though, I still got Rocks Off, Loving Cup and Love In Vain!
11-14-02 09:28 AM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
ehellweg wrote:
re the girl who ran down the catwalk during loving cup:
i think she would have made it but her pants came off! from where i was sitting (110 row 6, right by the second stage), she was running at a good clip, and then her pants started sliding down and lost her step a bit. i dunno if she was planning on mooning the crowd or if she broke her button jumping on the stage. it was a funny sight until the security guard slammed her on the ground.

LOL. Thats sounds funny as hell (except for the jackass security guard).
11-17-02 12:34 PM
padre You Don't Have To Mean It and Thru nad Thru from Keef? Wouldn't wanna be on that one if I had to choose just one show to see...What next? Losing My Touch and Sleep Tonight for the Keefslot? C'mon Keith, you're supposed to rock, dammit! Keep the people away from the lavatories!