ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006
© Yokero Tuchiko with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'Air guitar got me laid - twice' Return to archive
10th November 2007 12:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 'Air guitar got me laid - twice'
Dan "Björn Türoque" Crane's favourite piece of kit is 100% environmentally friendly and in no way contributes to global warming.

Neil Davey
Guardian Unlimited
Friday November 9 2007

Play those funky airlicks: air guitarist Dan "Björn Türoque" Crane

What's your favourite piece of technology?
I consider the air guitar to be the ne plus ultra of both high and low tech, and thus find myself subservient to its power.

How has it improved your life?
Air guitar liberated me from my day job, scored me a book deal, made me a movie star, sent me gallivanting around the world, and got me laid — twice.

When was the last time you used it, and what for?
I used it this morning to get my rock off.

What additional features would you add if you could?
That's the beauty of air guitar — I can add whatever features I want. Frequently, I find myself adding multiple necks or whammy bars. On occasion, I've been known to add a beverage holder.

Do you think it will be obsolete in 10 years' time?
If rock'n'roll and/or humanity becomes obsolete, thus the fate of air guitar shall be; however, I will note that air guitar is 100% environmentally friendly and in no way contributes towards global warming.

What one tip would you give to non-air guitar users?
Make air, not war.

Do you consider yourself to be a luddite or a nerd?
I play air guitar for a living — what do you think?

What's the most expensive piece of technology you've ever owned?
Jimmy Page's double-necked Gibson Les Paul air guitar (purchased on eBay for an embarrassing sum).

PC or Mac?
Mac. Simply put, Macs are sexier, more rocking machines. And Björn Türoque is all about the sexy and the more rocking. Plus, Air Guitar Nation was edited on a Mac, and I do all my air guitar song edits using Apple's Garageband—the greatest amateur music software ever made.

What song is at the top of your iPod's top 25 most played?
Ace of Spades, by Motörhead. Lemmy rules.

Will robots rule the world?
Have you heard a speech by my nation's president? Robots already rule the world. Humans can't possibly be that stupid.

What piece of technology would you most like to own?
An air purifier. The air quality in major cities these days is horrendous and has had a deleterious effect on my mojo. Air pollution also slows down my windmilling.

Air Guitar Nation opens across the UK today
http://www.airguitarnation.co.uk/
----------------------------------------------------------
Air Guitar Nation
Cert 15, 82mins 4/5
09/11/2007
Air Guitar Nation
Mirror.co.uk

While quite possibly the stupidest thing you’ve ever seen in your life, this documentary exploring the world of air guitar enthusiasts is a riot from start to finish.

We follow two Americans as they attempt to land a place in the World Air Guitar Championships – a contest that involves people clutching imaginary fretboards while whirling around like lunatics.

In the red corner is David ‘C-Diddy’ Jung, a likeable Korean who can spank his invisible plank with the best of them, while his principle rival is Dan ‘Bjorn Turoque’ Crane. The other contestants range from the goofily hilarious to the faintly disturbed.

Air guitar may sound like something to be done in the privacy of your own home, but think again, for this fun flick delivers more laughs than most comedies. Prepare your horned salute and get ready to rawk!

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
10th November 2007 12:33 PM
Bloozehound HaHa

that looks great

10th November 2007 03:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Twice even!
I guess that makes it all worthwhile, although he should have taken up a real bass like Bill....get those numbers up.
10th November 2007 04:25 PM
Bloozehound yeah, not just once, but twice, but I 'd kinda hate to see the beast that would actually screw those dorks over their mad air guitar skillz
10th November 2007 04:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
yeah, not just once, but twice, but I 'd kinda hate to see the beast that would actually screw those dorks over their mad air guitar skillz

I'll bet they look good. Any type of celebrity attracts beautiful women. Politicians, gangsters, scam ministers, Rock n Roll Stars, cult leaders, actors, wwf wrestlers, they get their pick of the litter.
10th November 2007 04:45 PM
MrPleasant Women with big tits don't play air guitar.
10th November 2007 04:54 PM
pdog I will enjoy some airpussy tongiht after I play airguitar and have some lines of aircoke.
10th November 2007 05:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
I will enjoy some airpussy tongiht after I play airguitar and have some lines of aircoke.

Cool ... I've always enjoyed airpussy and air guitar....but the aircoke always sucked.
10th November 2007 05:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Cool ... I've always enjoyed airpussy and air guitar....but the aircoke always sucked.

then please, try the Airoin, it's non-addictive.
10th November 2007 05:10 PM
Bloozehound I bet those the air guitar groupies are into air ass 2 mouth
10th November 2007 05:35 PM
pdog airgina to airmouth, that is airfuckingtastic, I'm gonna go airsturbate.
10th November 2007 08:05 PM
robpop
10th November 2007 08:17 PM
MrPleasant I have a friend named "Jesús" (a very common name, in México; we call them - people named "Jesus" - , bit by bit: "Chucho") who always signs his letters as "Jesus".

One person (not from México) got REALLY upset; how could a mere mortal be named after the son of GOD?

Fortunately, that mere person died.
10th November 2007 10:12 PM
Bloozehound the hottie aircougers is what being a mad skillin airguitarist is all about, that and the airblow orgies of coarse
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)