ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006
© Yokero Tuchiko with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith makes NME "Top 10 Coolest" List Return to archive
9th November 2007 08:16 AM
Gazza NME’s annual list of the world’s 50 coolest people is its oldest ever.

Forty-somethings dominate the music mag’s rankings — with the total age a grand 1,389.

The list includes former STONE ROSES singer IAN BROWN, 44, PRINCE, 49, and OASIS star NOEL GALLAGHER and RADIOHEAD's THOM YORKE, both 40.

ROLLING STONES legend KEITH RICHARDS, 63, rose 16 places to 10 after confessing to snorting his dad’s ashes.

Brit punk singer FRANK CARTER, 23, topped the list while AMY WINEHOUSE, 24, was eighth for keeping her “beehive in place” in a drug-ravaged year.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article439178.ece

The Top 10 is here - http://www.nme.com/coollist
9th November 2007 08:27 AM
guitarman53 Keith should be at #1, he is the original coolest Rock 'N' Roll star, period, the rest learned from him.
9th November 2007 09:05 AM
gimmekeef Yes if these "awards" were legit..Keith would get one of those lifetime achievemnent things....
9th November 2007 11:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Keith should be at #1, he is the original coolest Rock 'N' Roll star, period, the rest learned from him.

well..thats not the point. Considering the NME is pretty much aimed at under 30's and tends to be traditionally antagonistic towards 'dinosaur' acts, for a 63 year old to be in the top 10 is quite something
9th November 2007 02:04 PM
steel driving hammer Was Maul PcCartney on there?

Oh, sorry, wrong list.
9th November 2007 03:08 PM
fireontheplatter keith has always been cool in by book.

the ashes thing...mmmmmmm, not so cool
9th November 2007 03:13 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
keith has always been cool in by book.

indeed

he IS cool, but since his tree incident, he's less cool
9th November 2007 05:04 PM
Steel Wheels Lists mean nothing to me. On or off the list, Keith is my musical hero. Always has been. Always will be. His guitar and voice are the tops.
9th November 2007 05:35 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Keith is my musical hero.

didn't you mean genius?
9th November 2007 07:30 PM
gypsy
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
keith has always been cool in by book.

I don't understand why this upsets people so much. He accidentally spilled some of the ashes. What would you do? You can't very well throw the remnants of one of your parents into the trash can. Snorting them was really the only option.
9th November 2007 08:42 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I don't understand why this upsets people so much. He accidentally spilled some of the ashes. What would you do? You can't very well throw the remnants of one of your parents into the trash can. Snorting them was really the only option.

couldn't he have just , you know, put them back into the urn?

Personally I would have mixed them them with a nice glass of chocolate milk.
9th November 2007 08:55 PM
pdog I would've added some water, cooked it up and shot my pops.
9th November 2007 10:05 PM
mrhipfl you're sick.
9th November 2007 11:53 PM
Child of the Moon The fact that Charlie Watts isn't consistently on the top of this list really just robs it of any credibility.
10th November 2007 12:20 AM
guitarman53
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
The fact that Charlie Watts isn't consistently on the top of this list really just robs it of any credibility.

Right on! Charlie is very cool, Watch "Gimme Shelter" Charlie is the coolest, he is as much of The Stones as Jagger & Richards is.
10th November 2007 02:24 PM
Bitch Keef doesnt need to be on a list to prove he's cool. I'm not cool since I dont recognize half of those other cool people on the list! What defines 'cool' is not caring if you are cool or not.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)