ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006
© Yokero Tuchiko with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Divinyls reunite Return to archive
7th November 2007 05:19 PM
twicks1 OK, so I hear Chrissie and Mark are back with Charley Drayton on drums and playing a bunch of Australian shows in December.

Supposedly there's also a new album in the works, and a new single already on the radio in Oz.

Anyone heard this yet?
7th November 2007 05:27 PM
glencar I can't believe I hadn't heard it yet but no, I hadn't heard this!
7th November 2007 05:31 PM
monkey_man Shouldn't this thread be in the think of how much masturbation thread?
7th November 2007 05:35 PM
glencar NSC?
7th November 2007 09:38 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I always had a thing for her. Very sexy voice (and big rack to boot!)

7th November 2007 09:41 PM
Mel Belli I remember Keith telling Kurt Loder in 1991 on MTV's "Famous Last Words" that his exposure to new music often came through personal connections. He mentioned the Divinyls. I always wondered whom he knew in that band. Was it Drayton?
7th November 2007 09:43 PM
stonedinaustralia drayton married the singer chrissie amphlett

the refernce above to the masturbation thread is apropo, however, as the guitarist is a total wanker
7th November 2007 09:46 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
drayton married the singer chrissie amphlett

the refernce above to the masturbation thread is apropo, however, as the guitarist is a total wanker

Now, see, that totally ruins the allure of "I Touch Myself."
7th November 2007 10:32 PM
pdog I think they opened for The Cult in Philly back in 1985 or 1986, what year was that show at The Tower. I've always wondered, b/c i can't remember the year or if it was them for sure. The singer, she did things to me, deep and very erotic stirrings...
8th November 2007 03:15 AM
Daethgod they are opening their tour here in Geelong on Dec 4

http://www.woolexchange.com.au

promoter said he has sold tix to the USA for this show
8th November 2007 04:02 AM
Child of the Moon Fuck, the Devinyls reuniting? I just don't even know what to do...
8th November 2007 08:59 AM
Highwire Rob I very nearly saw the DeVinyls in concert back in the 80s in Pittsburgh. Someone had a free ticket for me. The show, however, was cancelled--singer had a sore throat. (I'm not joking!)
8th November 2007 09:46 AM
twicks1 Funny how "Winos-esque" their sound got after they nabbed Drayton for the drum chair.

That ultra-dry snare tone was a huge part of the Winos sound.

(Yeah, I know Steve Jordan played most of the drums on Keith's solo records, but their snare sound was identical.)
8th November 2007 12:53 PM
Blowey I can't wait to reunite my right hand with my schlong.

It's true!

Blow'kins!
8th November 2007 02:08 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Blowey wrote:
I can't wait to reunite my right hand with my schlong.

It's true!

Blow'kins!

I want to smother you in ketchup and eat you like a cocktail weiner...for real dog

Come to Fiji.....................

W-W-What?.......Oh OK....I'll sing another

8th November 2007 02:13 PM
glencar I think this is really good for Joey!
8th November 2007 02:16 PM
Blowey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think this is really good for Joey!

You make Blowey laugh and poop like a Mister Softee Machine!
8th November 2007 02:18 PM
glencar I now see a ho-ey & a shmoey! I'm thinking this is taking Joey to the very edge - I hoep he doesn't stumble!
8th November 2007 08:10 PM
TomL I don't care what anybody thinks.......

I just touch myself............
8th November 2007 10:44 PM
robpop
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
I very nearly saw the DeVinyls in concert back in the 80s in Pittsburgh. Someone had a free ticket for me. The show, however, was cancelled--singer had a sore throat. (I'm not joking!)

I don't know why but I remember that!!!
10th November 2007 03:20 AM
Dino37
quote:
Blowey wrote:
I can't wait to reunite my right hand with my schlong.

It's true!

Blow'kins!

I masturbate left-handed even though I am right-handed. Go figure.
10th November 2007 03:53 AM
corgi37 I saw them at the Palace back in very early whenever. Great, great show. A member of Blondie was in the band at the time. Not sure of the name, but the bloke with bad acne scars. She was at the races today. Looked like a hag. Shocking teeth.
14th November 2007 10:56 AM
twicks1 New song and video are up on the website:. Nice, somewhat Stonesy rocker:

http://www.divinyls.com.au/
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)