ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006
© Yokero Tuchiko with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Eagles enter Billboard at #1 with 711,253 copies sold Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th November 2007 04:05 PM
jostorm
quote:
Gazza wrote:

All fair points, but it also proves beyond doubt that there are over 700,000 Americans (and plenty elsewhere) who mate with vegetables.

Do you think they are demographically identical to those who believe Elvis Presley is still alive???
7th November 2007 05:50 PM
Joey
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Does anyone know why Felder was booted? They could have booted him before 2001, in their 1990's reunion, but didn't. What's the story?

Felder did NOT get along too well with Frey ....

.....and since ' Henley / Frey ' write the vast majority of the songs .

Well ..................POWER !!!!!

7th November 2007 05:58 PM
glencar Felder was like that Treasury Secretary who traveled Africa with Bono but could never break the Bush/Cheney lock...
7th November 2007 06:19 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Felder did NOT get along too well with Frey ....

.....and since ' Henley / Frey ' write the vast majority of the songs .

Well ..................POWER !!!!!

You'd think it would be Henley with whom he didn't not get along. I mean, Henley's a real jerk. I really don't much about Frey. I read a book by Heidi Fleiss's girls called "You'll Never Eat Lunch in this Town Again," and the girls all had horror stories about Henley and his cocaine orgies. However, a few of the girls said Frey was a good and tender lover.

You bet your sweet BIPPY I read smut sometimes, Joey! I do!!!!
7th November 2007 06:34 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You'd think it would be Henley with whom he didn't not get along. I mean, Henley's a real jerk. I really don't much about Frey. I read a book by Heidi Fleiss's girls called "You'll Never Eat Lunch in this Town Again," and the girls all had horror stories about Henley and his cocaine orgies. However, a few of the girls said Frey was a good and tender lover.

You bet your sweet BIPPY I read smut sometimes, Joey! I do!!!!

You are much loved by Joey

7th November 2007 06:36 PM
Joey " Felder was like that Treasury Secretary who traveled Africa with Bono but could never break the Bush/Cheney lock... "

******** ? ******************

**** You make Joey say , " Huh ?! "

******* WTF ?! ************

Why ?!

Friggin WHY ?!

Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?!

..why ?!

7th November 2007 07:00 PM
gotdablouse er...why was Felder booted ? Again, read this excellent interview http://www.sundayherald.com/arts/arts/display.var.1775219.0.0.php and you'll know why ! Fights with Frey, questioning the business, etc...Henley and Frey do certainly come out as the jerks they are, not to mention that Frey has produced boring music for the best part of his career...where would these guys be without Felder's "Hotel California" music and sparkling guitar solo on "One of these nights"...
7th November 2007 07:48 PM
glencar The Eagles will be on tonight's CMA show on ABC!!!! I will watch Criminal Minds instead.
7th November 2007 08:28 PM
gypsy
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
er...why was Felder booted ? Again, read this excellent interview http://www.sundayherald.com/arts/arts/display.var.1775219.0.0.php and you'll know why ! Fights with Frey, questioning the business, etc...Henley and Frey do certainly come out as the jerks they are, not to mention that Frey has produced boring music for the best part of his career...where would these guys be without Felder's "Hotel California" music and sparkling guitar solo on "One of these nights"...

Like I said - he didn't suck badly enough.
7th November 2007 09:13 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
WTF, they sold in a week what the Stones sold for ABB in two plus years ! That must hurt.

ABB has sold less than 710k in the States, 540k copies so far. It could reach 710k sold in about 20 years I think.

quote:

But then again isn't a lot better than the ABB debut?

It's A LOT better, ABB did 129k the first week. The Stones' best opening week sales were 310k (40 Licks)
7th November 2007 09:15 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

ABB has sold less than 710k in the States, 540k copies so far. It could reach 710k sold in about 20 years I think.

It's A LOT better, ABB did 129k the first week. The Stones' best opening week sales were 310k (40 Licks)

Didn't Tattoo You sell close to a million in its first week?
7th November 2007 09:24 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Didn't Tattoo You sell close to a million in its first week?

It sold a million during the second week acording to reports, the album debuted at #8 and then went to #1 during 9 weeks. After 8 consecutive studio albums at #1, who would have thought in 1981 that the 9th week at #1 of TY would be the last one for the Stones for at least 26 years and counting?
7th November 2007 11:03 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
...where would these guys be without Felder's "Hotel California" music and sparkling guitar solo on "One of these nights"...

Sucking less dick than they already did.

Jesus fucking Christ, this thread is unreal. You should be ashamed to post that stuff on this board.
7th November 2007 11:12 PM
andrews27 Eagles #1 out of the box in the 00's - because all else is shit, and there's not even enough shit to go around anymore. Americans now nostalgic for the fragrance of old shit, like the "Long Run" album.
7th November 2007 11:17 PM
sirmoonie This Eagles band, they are rock's anti-Satan child.

Sorry, but this thread is now locked to posting except for anything else I may say about the subject.
8th November 2007 03:01 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
How the hell did Britney Spears debut at 2?! She has done no shows, no promotional stuff, and all she's been getting is bad press. And everyone saw the awards show thing. WTF?!? People are dumb.

As Brendan Behan once said: "All publicity is good, except an obituary notice."
He also said "I only drink on two occasions - when I'm thirsty and when I'm not", so he was a knowledgeable guy..

BTW, Britney's new album has got quite good reviews, so that may also explain it..

Anyway, The Eagles suck more than Britney..
8th November 2007 09:51 AM
Joey
quote:

.....and there's not even enough shit to go around anymore.

Say no more my son ......

***** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *****

Shitty ! ™

8th November 2007 10:15 AM
Joey
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
er...why was Felder booted ? Again, read this excellent interview http://www.sundayherald.com/arts/arts/display.var.1775219.0.0.php and you'll know why ! Fights with Frey, questioning the business, etc...Henley and Frey do certainly come out as the jerks they are, not to mention that Frey has produced boring music for the best part of his career...where would these guys be without Felder's "Hotel California" music and sparkling guitar solo on "One of these nights"...

" .. The real crunch came on July 31, 1980, when The Eagles performed at Long Beach Arena, a benefit concert for the re-election of Senator Alan Cranston. Felder says he wasn't comfortable with aligning himself with a politician, and that when he met the senator's wife before the show, his mystification about who she was, was perceived by Frey to be hostility. He says that Frey started yelling at him and just before they went on stage he, in turn, cursed at the singer.

During the performance, says Felder, Frey started threatening him - "F*** you. I'm gonna kick your ass when we get off-stage" - and counting down how many songs were left until their fight. Felder, drunk and angry, did not back down. "I really wish we could have handled it differently," he says now, "but we were at a point where we started going back and forth and drinking on stage, and it just escalated."

The relationships between band members had deteriorated to the point where they couldn't stand to be around each other any longer. This was the last concert The Eagles played together until 1994, tempted by the $300 million they stood to earn from a reunion tour. "

Nice . Great Article !!!!

Thanks --- I just love this board .

Jacky !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
8th November 2007 10:27 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Just the Eagles part is repulsive.

I had no idea you liked country rock - its neither repulsive nor relevant to repulsion. WTF?

8th November 2007 10:27 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

The relationships between band members had deteriorated to the point where they couldn't stand to be around each other any longer.

Professional disagreements about the direction of the band. Henley and Frey were adamant about continuing to suck as bad as they always did. Felder, on the other hand, was a maverick - he wanted to explore new ways that the Eagles could completely fucking suck.
8th November 2007 10:46 AM
Some Guy thats funny right there.
8th November 2007 10:48 AM
gypsy
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
thats funny right there.

The dude can post!
8th November 2007 12:37 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Professional disagreements about the direction of the band. Henley and Frey were adamant about continuing to suck as bad as they always did. Felder, on the other hand, was a maverick - he wanted to explore new ways that the Eagles could completely fucking suck.

Christ , that is postin' on loan from God right there !!!!!!

You are POSTIN'

8th November 2007 12:44 PM
Blowey
quote:
Joey wrote:

Christ , that is postin' on loan from God right there !!!!!!

You are POSTIN'

You just don't have the Postin' gene do you?

Sniggle!

Blowey!!!
8th November 2007 12:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Blowey wrote:

You just don't have the Postin' gene do you?

Sniggle!

Blowey!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8th November 2007 12:50 PM
Blowey
quote:
Joey wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know something son ...............

You are what we call around these parts a reeeeaaaal Lil' Jacky !!!!!!!!!

8th November 2007 01:15 PM
Ho-ey Would you two PLEASE keep it down ??

I'm trying to post here !!

....oh....wait....

....HERE IT COMES!!!!!.....

**********IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMUSHIN'**************
8th November 2007 01:23 PM
Blowey
quote:
Ho-ey wrote:
Would you two PLEASE keep it down ??

I'm trying to post here !!

....oh....wait....

....HERE IT COMES!!!!!.....

**********IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMUSHIN'**************

I'd just like to announce that I have completed my afternoon dump and only three dead hamsters were found in my stool. I's ahead of the game today baby!!!

Blowey is sitting pretty!!!!!

B' Kins! (Established just a few days ago)

8th November 2007 01:58 PM
glencar Fucking even better than the real thing!
8th November 2007 03:59 PM
Ho-ey
quote:
Fucking even better than the real thing!

Blue!

yes.... well .... that ain't sayin much now , is it?????

CAA-RAAACK!

my, that is postin' on loan from "www.maxlugar.com" right there, now , isn't it?!?!

Ho-eykins, Established just a few hours after Bloweykins

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)