ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006
© Yokero Tuchiko with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Eagles enter Billboard at #1 with 711,253 copies sold Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
6th November 2007 09:30 PM
Poison Dart The Eagles entered the Billboard chart at number one this week with a little more than 711,000 copies sold.

They nearly tripled Britney Spears who came in a distant second place with first week sales of 290,000 copies sold.

They have the #1 record in the United States, the World Chart, the Euro chart + in the U.K. that I know of.

That 700,000 copies sold is a huge number these days for an older rock band that does not get radio play.

It seems Walmart did a great job of marketing this record. With the Stones without a label for the moment,Mick has to be looking at a deal like this for the Stones.

As the Eagles just proved this is a huge demographic that can be tapped if marketed correctly.
6th November 2007 09:36 PM
gotdablouse WTF, they sold in a week what the Stones sold for ABB in two plus years ! That must hurt.

On the other hand it's a good listen and they certainly put in much more effort in writing the songs and arranging/playing them than Mick and Keith did, especially Keith. Joe Walsh seems as dazed as Keith when he talks, but he sure plays a much better guitar these days.

And the Eagles did that without Don Felder too (got the boot 6 years ago for "political" differences) their "Mick Taylor" of sorts. Talking about Don Felder here's a rather excellent interview of him from the Sunday Herald.
[Edited by gotdablouse]
6th November 2007 09:39 PM
robpop "I predict a huge drop next week," Mr. Obvious.

But then again isn't a lot better than the ABB debut?
6th November 2007 09:40 PM
robpop
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
WTF, they sold in a week what the Stones sold for ABB in two plus years ! That must hurt.

On the other hand it's a good listen and they certainly put in much more effort in writing the songs and arranging/playing them than Mick and Keith did, especially Keith. Joe Walsh seems as dazed as Keith when he talks, but he sure plays a much better guitar these days.

And the Eagles did that without Don Felder too (got the boot 6 years ago for "political" differences) their "Mick Taylor" of sorts.
[Edited by gotdablouse]

Thanks for answering my question.
6th November 2007 10:47 PM
Dan Not sure what the criteria is for success but Walmart paid $10 each for 3 million non returnable units. Definitely successful for the Eagles regardless of how many it sells.
7th November 2007 12:34 AM
pdog I'm disturbed we even care about The Eagles. Indifference should be our mantra.
7th November 2007 05:01 AM
Ronnie Richards Yet another proof that there is no god.
7th November 2007 05:55 AM
speedfreakjive overrated band IMO
7th November 2007 08:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
The Eagles entered the Billboard chart at number one this week with a little more than 711,000 copies sold.

They nearly tripled Britney Spears who came in a distant second place with first week sales of 290,000 copies sold.

They have the #1 record in the United States, the World Chart, the Euro chart + in the U.K. that I know of.

That 700,000 copies sold is a huge number these days for an older rock band that does not get radio play.

It seems Walmart did a great job of marketing this record. With the Stones without a label for the moment,Mick has to be looking at a deal like this for the Stones.

As the Eagles just proved this is a huge demographic that can be tapped if marketed correctly.

All fair points, but it also proves beyond doubt that there are over 700,000 Americans (and plenty elsewhere) who mate with vegetables.
7th November 2007 08:50 AM
gimmekeef As long as none of those 711,000 assholes bought one for me I dont care...
7th November 2007 08:54 AM
kovach I like the Eagles, but this album for the most part sucks.

Too much pretentious angry preaching from Henley.

Should've just stuck to good pop/country/rock songs. This seems more like a double album of "The Long Run" outtakes.

Maybe 4 decent songs on the album (including the one released as a 'single').

Could've cut out a handful of songs and it would've been a better single disc.
7th November 2007 09:07 AM
Some Guy The Eagles rule?
7th November 2007 10:18 AM
gypsy This is a sad, sad day. I can just picture Don Henley, all smug-like. What a bastard.
7th November 2007 10:27 AM
Joey
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
The Eagles entered the Billboard chart at number one this week with a little more than 711,000 copies sold.

The brand new album is OUTSTANDING !!!!

A Two - Disc set that is absolutely prodigious and mesmerizing from start - to finish --- Indeed , BEST EAGLES YET !!!!

Highlight : The J.D. Souther ' Out - Take ' from the 1972 ' First - Album ' Sessions and the Henley/Frey penned " Being Fabulous " .

Jacky Cakes !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
7th November 2007 10:28 AM
Joey " I like the Eagles, but this album for the most part sucks.

Too much pretentious angry preaching from Henley. "

You make Joey cry like Baby !!!!!!

why ?!

WHY ?!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ . FLY !

7th November 2007 10:33 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
kovach wrote:
I like the Eagles......

Should've just stuck to good pop/country/rock songs.

You repulse me like an illness.
7th November 2007 10:52 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

7th November 2007 11:04 AM
Lethargy Does anyone know why Felder was booted? They could have booted him before 2001, in their 1990's reunion, but didn't. What's the story?
7th November 2007 11:07 AM
Nellcote I thought the Eagles were having a lousy year.
McNabb stinks, the coach has two sons with substance problems. Pats picked up Stallworth in the off season, he's a great compliment to Randy Moss. Go figure, same team has a double lp out? Of new material? Who issues those anymore? Anyway, maybe this is a outlet for Coach Reid's sons, if they can sell this much in the 1st week, there's hope they will kick that drug habit. Now, if Michael Jackson could only catch the long ball.....his nickname would be Thriller!
7th November 2007 11:40 AM
guitarman53
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
WTF, they sold in a week what the Stones sold for ABB in two plus years ! That must hurt.

And the Eagles did that without Don Felder too (got the boot 6 years ago for "political" differences) their "Mick Taylor" of sorts. Talking about Don Felder here's a rather excellent interview of him from the Sunday Herald.
[Edited by gotdablouse]

Good article, I never heard this new album, but I used to play a lot of Eagles in a band, up to Hotel California, in the 70's, by what the article says, it's not the same without Don Felder, but then again I have to hear this new recording to make a opinion.
7th November 2007 11:42 AM
mrhipfl How the hell did Britney Spears debut at 2?! She has done no shows, no promotional stuff, and all she's been getting is bad press. And everyone saw the awards show thing. WTF?!? People are dumb.
7th November 2007 12:29 PM
LoveinVainRonnie
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
How the hell did Britney Spears debut at 2?! She has done no shows, no promotional stuff, and all she's been getting is bad press. And everyone saw the awards show thing. WTF?!? People are dumb.

My guess is her hardcore audience (Yes, she may still have that) probably bought 2 to 5 copies each...Next week won't fair too well, so no worries.

And yes, people are dumb.
7th November 2007 12:49 PM
glencar The idea that the Eagles sold 711,000 copies of that crap is better proof that people are dumb than any Britney sales. But it sure adds to the perception...
7th November 2007 02:32 PM
kovach
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I like the Eagles, but this album for the most part sucks.

Too much pretentious angry preaching from Henley. "

You make Joey cry like Baby !!!!!!

why ?!

WHY ?!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ . FLY !

Do you like all their other stuff? From the first album through The Long Run? I just don't see where this comes anywhere near stacking up to that catalog. I hate to say it...but maybe it's because Felder is missing...
7th November 2007 02:33 PM
kovach
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

What repulses you, that I like the Eagles, or that I like country rock? Or both?
7th November 2007 02:35 PM
kovach
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Does anyone know why Felder was booted? They could have booted him before 2001, in their 1990's reunion, but didn't. What's the story?

I read somewhere it was because he was questioning some of the songwriting credits...like his name missing on some he had a lot to do with.
7th November 2007 02:40 PM
Lazy Bones Santa has a new substitute for coal...
7th November 2007 02:46 PM
gotdablouse Lethargy -> why Felder go booted ? "Business differences" : http://www.sundayherald.com/arts/arts/display.var.1775219.0.0.php
7th November 2007 03:08 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
kovach wrote:

What repulses you, that I like the Eagles, or that I like country rock? Or both?

Just the Eagles part is repulsive.

I had no idea you liked country rock - its neither repulsive nor relevant to repulsion. WTF?
7th November 2007 03:23 PM
gypsy
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Does anyone know why Felder was booted? They could have booted him before 2001, in their 1990's reunion, but didn't. What's the story?

He didn't suck badly enough?
I really don't know. I'm just speculating.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)