ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006
© Yokero Tuchiko with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Weddings Are So Fucken Lame! Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th October 2007 08:08 PM
gorda I used to think that weddings were the most beautiful thing in the world. I remember accompaning my mother to many, many weddings! I remember thinking of it like a fairy tale come true and that the bride and groom were going to live happily ever after, just like the telenovelas.

Now, I hate weddings, the only way I will attend one, is if I am totally drunk and oblivious to whats going on.

Weddings are just a way to show off and prove your superiority. "Look at me! I have it all! Money! Love! and Health!

P.S. My cousin, the one that didn't invite me to her wedding, just announced that she is expecting a baby! I wish her and her baby the best! But,I will not be attending her "surprise" baby shower! In fact, I will never speak to her again!

Well, maybe, I shouldn't say never, if her husband ever cheats on her and they end up getting a divorce, I will be the first one there, doing my best to "console" her!

DAMN! I'M EVIL SOMETIMES!
30th October 2007 11:16 PM
Bitch You're not evil gorda, your jealous! but I agree with the concept that weddings are lame.
30th October 2007 11:24 PM
WJ At least you're not bitter.
30th October 2007 11:59 PM
BILL PERKS NOTHING LIKE A JEWISH WEDDING
31st October 2007 12:45 AM
gypsy
quote:
gorda wrote:
I used to think that weddings were the most beautiful thing in the world. I remember accompaning my mother to many, many weddings! I remember thinking of it like a fairy tale come true and that the bride and groom were going to live happily ever after, just like the telenovelas.

Now, I hate weddings, the only way I will attend one, is if I am totally drunk and oblivious to whats going on.

Weddings are just a way to show off and prove your superiority. "Look at me! I have it all! Money! Love! and Health!

P.S. My cousin, the one that didn't invite me to her wedding, just announced that she is expecting a baby! I wish her and her baby the best! But,I will not be attending her "surprise" baby shower! In fact, I will never speak to her again!

Well, maybe, I shouldn't say never, if her husband ever cheats on her and they end up getting a divorce, I will be the first one there, doing my best to "console" her!

DAMN! I'M EVIL SOMETIMES!

You are awesome!
This post belongs in the drinking thread, no?
31st October 2007 05:01 AM
Jumacfly Joey and I prefer Weedings......
31st October 2007 08:49 AM
egon free booze.
31st October 2007 09:06 AM
Gazza Gorda's posts are fast acquiring cult status.
31st October 2007 10:22 AM
Saint Sway this is thread is not going to help Gorda get invited to Mick & L'Wren's wedding
31st October 2007 01:05 PM
Dan I don't like weddings either. Thankfully the last few I would have been somewhat obligated into attending took place in Vegas so it was a lot easier to blow them off. I missed my sister's wedding because she neglected checking Bowie's tour schedule first.
31st October 2007 01:12 PM
Jeep .
31st October 2007 01:51 PM
gypsy
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Joey and I prefer Weedings......

YES!
31st October 2007 02:19 PM
MrPleasant It depends on who's getting married.
1st November 2007 03:37 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hate weddings. Any wedding rated evenbt I've been invited to, I have refused to go too.

Why people even contemplate it is beyond me in all honesty.

btw, I'm well aware that many of my fellow posters here are happily married! Its just my opinion. I hope I haven't alienated myself here!!
1st November 2007 08:58 AM
Madafaka Gorda, you're so fuckin' right! I agree!
1st November 2007 09:05 AM
gimmekeef The day I wed my wife and the day my daughter was wed were the 2 best days of my life....Its all relative I think...
1st November 2007 09:11 AM
SweetVirginia That was sweet, gimmekeef.

Same for me.
3rd November 2007 02:43 PM
gorda
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this is thread is not going to help Gorda get invited to Mick & L'Wren's wedding

DAMN! I think I blew it!

Micky! Micky! Micky! I was just kidding! Could I please come to your wedding? PLEASE? PRETTY, PRETTY PLEASE! I promise I won't cause a scene!

I love weddings! The free buffet! The free alcohol! The cake! The music! The fucking in the parking lot!
3rd November 2007 02:56 PM
pdog If you think weddings suck, how about funerals. A sad get together, no bands, all the drinking is done with deep sighs. The only good thing is hoping the dead person left some cash for you.
3rd November 2007 03:07 PM
gorda
quote:
pdog wrote:
If you think weddings suck, how about funerals. A sad get together, no bands, all the drinking is done with deep sighs. The only good thing is hoping the dead person left some cash for you.

No! No! No!

Every month, I go throught this period where I think that everything sucks and I'm pissed off at everything and everyone!

Thank God for chocolate and Advil!

P.S. I think that if you have the money to spend, go for it. It's when couples spend money they don't have just so they can show off! I think that is really lame!
3rd November 2007 03:18 PM
steel driving hammer
3rd November 2007 03:21 PM
gorda
quote:
pdog wrote:
If you think weddings suck, how about funerals. A sad get together, no bands, all the drinking is done with deep sighs. The only good thing is hoping the dead person left some cash for you.

pdog, I take you have never gone to a Mexican funeral. It is part of the tradition for the women to cry at the top of their lungs for days! You can hear the women wailing from miles away. The crying and praying is so creepy it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up! My brother says that it comes from an old Spanish tradition, where back in the old days, the family of the deceased would actually hire professional wailers! I'm not making this up!
3rd November 2007 03:32 PM
gorda Check this out:

One time one of my great aunts was crying her eyes out at a funeral. Then, all of sudden she stopped crying and asked, "Girls, did you save me some tamales?"

And, we were like, "Yes, Tia, we did."

Satisfied with the response, she grabbed her hankerchief and began "crying" hysterically again!
3rd November 2007 03:47 PM
pdog
quote:
gorda wrote:

pdog, I take you have never gone to a Mexican funeral. It is part of the tradition for the women to cry at the top of their lungs for days! You can hear the women wailing from miles away. The crying and praying is so creepy it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up! My brother says that it comes from an old Spanish tradition, where back in the old days, the family of the deceased would actually hire professional wailers! I'm not making this up!

I've only been to Irish wakes, don't remember much, since we got so wasted we forgot who died.
3rd November 2007 04:33 PM
gypsy gorda, you have been posting nothing but gold lately. Keep up the great work!

And I agree with you on weddings. I think they're a waste of money. I think the money would be better spent if it were used on a great honeymoon, traveling around the world, or on a new house. But if you have a lot of money, and you're one of those women who wants a big wedding, then by all means go for it.
3rd November 2007 04:51 PM
Joey " I used to think that weddings were the most beautiful thing in the world. I remember accompaning my mother to many, many weddings! I remember thinking of it like a fairy tale come true and that the bride and groom were going to live happily ever after, just like the telenovelas.

Weddings are just a way to show off and prove your superiority. "

In Bushie43's America , the LAST friggin thing one wants to be is ' Married with Children ' . What most people do NOT realize is that this particular President has placed this country in a position where they will HAVE to re-instate the draft -- a draft that nobody WANTS including the military ( The Military desires individuals who WANT to be there on the front lines ) .

WHEN , not IF but WHEN , the United States of America re-instates the draft , they will be fighting in the streets with their children at their feets and the morals we all worshipped will be gone ......for the mens who spurred us on ( Bushie43 & Cheney ) sit in judgment all friggin wrong ... they decide and the shotgun sings the songs .............( Fade to white -- like an ANGEL !!!! )

Joe Sea .. Scroll ! ™
3rd November 2007 05:37 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I used to think that weddings were the most beautiful thing in the world. I remember accompaning my mother to many, many weddings! I remember thinking of it like a fairy tale come true and that the bride and groom were going to live happily ever after, just like the telenovelas.

Weddings are just a way to show off and prove your superiority. "

In Bushie43's America , the LAST friggin thing one wants to be is ' Married with Children ' . What most people do NOT realize is that this particular President has placed this country in a position where they will HAVE to re-instate the draft -- a draft that nobody WANTS including the military ( The Military desires individuals who WANT to be there on the front lines ) .

WHEN , not IF but WHEN , the United States of America re-instates the draft , they will be fighting in the streets with their children at their feets and the morals we all worshipped will be gone ......for the mens who spurred us on ( Bushie43 & Cheney ) sit in judgment all friggin wrong ... they decide and the shotgun sings the songs .............( Fade to white -- like an ANGEL !!!! )

Joe Sea .. Scroll ! ™

You are on FIRE!
3rd November 2007 06:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
gorda wrote:

Every month, I go throught this period where I think that everything sucks and I'm pissed off at everything and everyone!

I'm trying to figure out what could be the cause for that.....

3rd November 2007 06:56 PM
mrhipfl haha
3rd November 2007 06:57 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what could be the cause for that.....

bloody moon!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)