ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006
© Yokero Tuchiko with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Froget the Shine a Light tour and Asia. Record an album!...from Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
9th November 2007 10:46 AM
JohnLeeHacker Not Heineken,
you know what i like oey!
9th November 2007 11:03 AM
Shmoey you please the Shmoeykins

weeding, no?

Ronnnnnnie!
9th November 2007 11:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
JohnLeeHacker wrote:
Did the Stones already played in Africa continent?

Yes. Two shows in Johannesburg in february 1995.
9th November 2007 07:20 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I remember when the Tuesday of its scheduled release rolled around, and there was ... nothing. I'm still skeptical that it was ever for real.

Yes, it's hard to believe nothing in the way of promotion was ready 10 days before the relase date of "Memory Motel", too bad no journalist has ever asked them the question. That would be top of my list, that and what songs Mick overdubbed in NYC in 12/93 at the Record Plant for the purported "bonus" tracks for the Virgin reissues that got canned in the end, except for "So Young" I guess.
9th November 2007 07:47 PM
Gazza I think they may have redone Fiji Jim around then too

I never heard anything about a session in New York. I just assumed 'So Young' was done in LA in early 1994 when they decided to dust off a few b-sides at the end of the VL sessions
[Edited by Gazza]
9th November 2007 08:31 PM
gotdablouse Interesting that you mention "Fiji Jim", because I could swear I once read a transcript of a Jagger AOL interview where he mentioned he had redone vocals for FJ, but never managed to find it again...

I'll have to dig up the magazine where I remember reading about these Mick NYC 12/93 sessions, I'm pretty sure it was in a "Rock & Folk" article by Philippe Manoeuvre at the time of the VL PC on a boat. He's a huge fan of the Stones (memorable Keith interviews in his Faubourg St Honoré apartment in the late 70s), and he was pretty specific about these NYC recordings, where 6 (?) tracks from the late 70s had been redone by Mick for the Virgin rereleases. I think there was talk of a boxed set at the time too. He'd also spilled the beans on Ertegun nixing Mick's WS before ok'ing it. Great guy!
9th November 2007 08:52 PM
pdog For those of us who have supported them on their expensive ticket tours, the least they could do, is give us an expensive and comprehensive boxed set of what they know we want.
Until such time, they get no money from me for live shows...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)