ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006
© Yokero Tuchiko with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones Museum Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
30th October 2007 07:47 PM
Doxa
quote:
WJ wrote:

Doxa, you are not a citizen.

My passport claims otherwise. Little it knows...

- Doxa
30th October 2007 08:10 PM
WJ
quote:
Doxa wrote:

My passport claims otherwise. Little it knows...

- Doxa

Really? You're an American citizen living in Finland? Do you have dual citizenship? Are you in the military?
30th October 2007 08:48 PM
Doxa
quote:
WJ wrote:

Really? You're an American citizen living in Finland? Do you have dual citizenship? Are you in the military?

No, I'm not an American citizen but a citizen of Finland. Or does the term 'citizen' only applies to Americans?

Anyway, I didn't quite grasp what the point of your original post was. I find Glencar's mannish statement (directed towards Oldkr) quite funny. It went like this: "I don't intrude into your country's politics; stay out of mine." I thought it would be funny to see how strongly and far Glencar would back up this claim, if Oldkr turns out to be, let's say, from Iraq. Then the question of 'intruding into one's country's politics' would have a kind of... hmm... concrete meaning... You don't find any inconsist... sorry.. irony there, do you?

Me being from USA, Iraq, Finland or Mars planet does not have any significance in regards to that.

- Doxa
30th October 2007 09:03 PM
WJ
quote:
Doxa wrote:

No, I'm not an American citizen but a citizen of Finland. Or does the term 'citizen' only applies to Americans?

Anyway, I didn't quite grasp what the point of your original post was. I find Glencar's mannish statement (directed towards Oldkr) quite funny. It went like this: "I don't intrude into your country's politics; stay out of mine." I thought it would be funny to see how strongly and far Glencar would back up this claim, if Oldkr turns out to be, let's say, from Iraq. Then the question of 'intruding into one's country's politics' would have a kind of... hmm... concrete meaning... You don't find any inconsist... sorry.. irony there, do you?

Me being from USA, Iraq, Finland or Mars planet does not have any significance in regards to that.

- Doxa

Oh, so because I'm an American I intrude into the politics of Iraq? Don't paint me with that brush. Typical of someone from another country to assume all American's are alike. Exactly my point in my original post - you don't live here so take your assumptions elsewhere. I didn't vote for Bush (either time) and don't support Iraq. I look forward to the end of his Nazi regime.

That being said....if Oldkr is from Iraq it would explain alot.
30th October 2007 09:32 PM
glencar
quote:
Doxa wrote:

What about if Oldkr is from Iraq? Just curious.

- Doxa

Are you a citizen of Jackassia?
30th October 2007 11:25 PM
oldkr glencar I'm a citizen, although of which nations I shall not tell. You don't know what I do in politics or that I "intrude" in anway. I do know that your xenophobia is probably a projection of your own self hate, usually brought on by a lack of satisfaction in the size of ones own genitalia.

OLDKR
PS- you do intrude in UK politics you are a citizen of the USA and thus are responsible for its social and political footprint, which has most certainly shaped british politics.
[Edited by oldkr]
31st October 2007 03:04 AM
Doxa
quote:
glencar wrote:
Are you a citizen of Jackassia?

Well, if 'Jackassia' refers to Finland in your vocabulary, most probably I am. I'm not familiar with the expression.

- Doxa
31st October 2007 03:15 AM
Doxa
quote:
WJ wrote:

Oh, so because I'm an American I intrude into the politics of Iraq? Don't paint me with that brush. Typical of someone from another country to assume all American's are alike. Exactly my point in my original post - you don't live here so take your assumptions elsewhere. I didn't vote for Bush (either time) and don't support Iraq. I look forward to the end of his Nazi regime.

That being said....if Oldkr is from Iraq it would explain alot.

To be sure, I was talking about Glencar's individual statement, not yours. No more I wasn't talking about anything about America or Americans or American politics generally (of which I'm not interested at all. Why should I care?). You do quite a lot of assumptions of me. Why so sensitive?

By the way, it looks like you make also quite a lot of assumptions of the people from Iraq in your last sentence.

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]
31st October 2007 03:30 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
oldkr wrote:
glencar I'm a citizen, although of which nations I shall not tell. You don't know what I do in politics or that I "intrude" in anway. I do know that your xenophobia is probably a projection of your own self hate, usually brought on by a lack of satisfaction in the size of ones own genitalia.

OLDKR
PS- you do intrude in UK politics you are a citizen of the USA and thus are responsible for its social and political footprint, which has most certainly shaped british politics.
[Edited by oldkr]

You working out there on a Green Card or one of those 10 year Visa's?

31st October 2007 03:50 AM
Doxa This Brian Jones thread seems to be a source of strong politico-philosophical statements. The next one is made by WJ, and it goes like this:

"you don't live here so take your assumptions elsewhere."

That's a funny one. The point is that if you don't live in a particular country, you shouldn't have any assumptions of the country at all... I guess 'assumptions' means having a set of beliefs or opinions based on any evidence - news, books, television, education, common sense etc. - so if those are not allowed one can not - for example, Glencar - have any opinions about the Saddam regime Iraq, or some Englishmen during World War Two about the Third Reich, or some Finns about their neigbours - the Soviet Union - from 1917 to 1991. It looks like the liberty of thinking, having own opinions and perhaps even expressing them, is quite limited in your philosophy.

Is there some kind of patriotic crisis, civil war, or something like that (an election?) going on here at ROCKS OFF, or why people seem to be so awful serious and sensitive? This hyper sensitivity of Glencar and WJ reminds me (not just some personal experiences with Spanish people of discussing bull fighting, but) of a great Fawlty Towers and "don't mention the war!" episode....

- Doxa
31st October 2007 08:28 AM
WJ
quote:
Doxa wrote:
This Brian Jones thread seems to be a source of strong politico-philosophical statements.

Is there some kind of patriotic crisis, civil war, or something like that (an election?) going on here at ROCKS OFF, or why people seem to be so awful serious and sensitive?

- Doxa

Yes, good thing you're not awfully serious and sensitive.

I would reply to the several posts you've made in reply to me but since you know so much about American's from books, news and television, you know we have very short attention spans
31st October 2007 01:32 PM
glencar
quote:
oldkr wrote:
glencar I'm a citizen, although of which nations I shall not tell. You don't know what I do in politics or that I "intrude" in anway. I do know that your xenophobia is probably a projection of your own self hate, usually brought on by a lack of satisfaction in the size of ones own genitalia.

OLDKR
[Edited by oldkr]

Cock size? LOL Too predictable. Interesting that you play politics here...
31st October 2007 06:00 PM
oldkr you "play" politics. I know politics.

OLDKR
PS - as there is no note to the contrary let the record show that glencar has issues with genitalia.
[Edited by oldkr]
31st October 2007 06:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
oldkr wrote:

PS - as there is no note to the contrary let the record show that glencar has issues with genitalia.

but he luvs bush
31st October 2007 07:16 PM
WJ
quote:
oldkr wrote:

Record? There's a record being kept? Will this be going on his permanent record?

Kinda sounds like you're fishing for a pic to prove you wrong.
31st October 2007 07:54 PM
glencar
quote:
oldkr wrote:
you "play" politics. I know politics.

OLDKR
[Edited by oldkr]

You know politics, you silly lil boy? Get the fuck outta here!
31st October 2007 08:16 PM
WJ
quote:
glencar wrote:
You know politics, you silly lil boy? Get the fuck outta here!

Be careful, this may go on "the record".
31st October 2007 08:22 PM
oldkr
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

but he luvs bush

no wonder, thats all he's got!

OLDKR
31st October 2007 11:26 PM
glencar
quote:
oldkr wrote:

no wonder, thats all he's got!

OLDKR

Wow, this is getting ever less scintillating! Please, keep talking about my genitalia!
31st October 2007 11:36 PM
oldkr oh glencar! i was just venting on you! i'm in a much better mood now!

til the next time......

OLDKR
1st November 2007 03:34 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
oldkr wrote:
oh glencar! i was just venting on you! i'm in a much better mood now!

til the next time......

OLDKR

oldkr, I was only asking how you are staying there out of sheer curosity. In my line of work, I meet a lot of Brits who live and work in the States.
1st November 2007 03:34 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
oldkr wrote:

til the next time......

OLDKR

oldkr, I was only asking how you are staying there out of sheer curosity. In my line of work, I meet a lot of Brits who live and work in the States.
1st November 2007 07:26 AM
Ade
quote:
oldkr wrote:
Micheal Cohl did more for the stones than brian jones

OLDKR

sorry but that's the most absurd post
i've read in a long while.
1st November 2007 08:28 AM
oldkr Ade that was my point!

HTM, one of them 10 year (actually 6 years)

OLDKR

[Edited by oldkr]
1st November 2007 10:24 AM
glencar
quote:
oldkr wrote:

til the next time......

OLDKR

Next time take yer bad mood out on someone else. I'm in recovery right now & this will take a few more days to get over!
1st November 2007 12:08 PM
oldkr glencar you will always be my target of choice! it just has to be that way.

Good luck on your recovery none the less, i hope they have you on decent meds!

OLDKR
1st November 2007 12:17 PM
glencar Hmmm, anyway the meds are working!
10th November 2007 12:29 PM
stewed & Keefed http://www.brianjonesfanclub.com

Artist Ben Riley With Pat Andrews and Dick Hattrell.
10th November 2007 12:58 PM
BriansBabe Hey Steve, why is this sweet pic not in the Brian part thread???? Hmmm??? Please explain ...!!
THANKS, Alex
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)