ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ . 17th November 2006
© Egeboy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Would They Like Them Today Return to archive
13th November 2006 10:04 PM
WattsAtScotts This is prob stupid and dumb, hell it is stupid and dumb, but I was thinking about bands of the 60's 70's and how alot of their early stuff was more well accepted than the new stuff in some cases. My point is let's say The Stones didn't release Brown Sugar, Start Me Up, Tumbling Dice, Honky Tonk Women, etc. back then, but released those songs, let's say late 80's up til now. Would people still like these songs cause their "new" and not the songs from the past. I know some people who are like that, that they don't give new songs a chance and they say, well, I like their early stuff better cause they have heard those songs 208423949 times and it's stuck in their head.
[Edited by WattsAtScotts]
13th November 2006 10:15 PM
StarvinMarvin I think that most people wouldn't give "new" Stones songs much notice, even if they were of the same quality as the classics like Start Me Up and Brown Sugar. In my opinion, the Stones have released material over the past decade or so that rivals their so-called "golden era" ouput, but noone except us diehards seem to care about it. I think several (relatively) recent songs like Saint Of Me, Love Is Strong, and Out Of Control are as good as ANYTHING the band as ever come up with. Let's face it: most people who go to see Stones concerts are middle-aged baby boomers, and they only want to hear the old stuff because it reminds them of their youth. They might enjoy the new material, but it'll never measure up because it lacks the memories/emotions that they attach to the Stones' pre-1982 output.
13th November 2006 10:25 PM
Zack I think the new stuff is pretty darn good compared to the crap that's on the radio today. I think it would sell, maybe not as much.
14th November 2006 08:24 PM
Soldatti Good question, it's very hard to say.
14th November 2006 08:27 PM
Saint Sway the state of the record industry is so pathetic today that the original Stones lineup or even the Stones in their early70s heyday probably wouldnt even get signed right now
15th November 2006 10:07 AM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the state of the record industry is so pathetic today that the original Stones lineup or even the Stones in their early70s heyday probably wouldnt even get signed right now

I agree, it is awful.
15th November 2006 10:29 AM
Some Guy Emotional Rescue is a powerful record deserving an appreciation thread.
15th November 2006 10:34 AM
Honky Tonk Man If the late 60's early 70's Stones were transported to today, they'd be very successful I think. The NME and all the other mags would be drooling over them, just like they were back in the day. They'd certainly give The Kings Of Leon, White Stripes etc a run for their money. It's all rock 'n' roll really.
15th November 2006 09:17 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Emotional Rescue is a powerful record deserving an appreciation thread.

ER is a good example, it sold shitloads of copies back then, it would sell less than 500k today.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)