ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ . 17th November 2006
© Egeboy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 5 reasons Bob Dylan still rocks in '06 Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th November 2006 04:50 AM
Gazza Glad you enjoyed it, brother blue. Welcome to 'the club'..

5 songs off the new album (Think thats a first!)

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
3. Honest With Me
4. Spirit On The Water
5. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
6. When The Deal Goes Down
7. High Water (For Charley Patton)
8. Visions Of Johanna
9. Rollin' And Tumblin'
10. Ballad Of A Thin Man
11. Tangled Up In Blue
12. Nettie Moore
13. Highway 61 Revisited

(encore)
14. Thunder On The Mountain
15. Like A Rolling Stone

16. All Along The Watchtower

[Edited by Gazza]
14th November 2006 04:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Great posts, SS. The usual Dylan bashing plays up the fact his music is steeped in blues and other old forms as if Dylan is some kind of loser for not creating new genres! Um, he did singlehandedly show that folk-rock could be a style and created a school of songwriting singlehandedly. People who hate him just never seem to get that through their head. Hate his music all you want, though you'd be wrong IMO, but don't deny his legacy and impact. And though he's had rough patches to his career, give me his top 100 songs over nearly every single 20th century composer. Only jazz and classical guys can do more with music than he does. And then there's crap about how his melodies and chord patterns are basic and weak. Chord structure doesn't have to be complicated, meanwhile his melodies are fantastic.

Dylan is above all rock songwriters ever. No one else is so capable of having pure emotion, poetic genius, storytelling, personal thoughts and humorous anecdotes and transposing them to song. His melodies and tunesmith ability is timeless. "I Want You," "Just Like a Woman," I could go on for days. He is able to create timeless love songs, ballads, rockers, blues, folk, country, you name it. The only thing he didn't turn into gold was techno pop and all the other 80s garbage, but it doesn't matter since 90% of techno pop is utterly useless music. Bob is a legend and all you need to do is see him live for the proof. If listening to his records doesn't do it, that just might. And if it all fails, well I can't help you although I do count my blessings I can understand the rich body of work he has put forth.

Posting from God, son.....
14th November 2006 05:28 AM
lotsajizz how were the Rac's? Frankly, and this is coming from a 30+ Dylan show veteran, the Raconteurs blew Uncle Bob off the stage up in Bosoton....
14th November 2006 09:20 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it, brother blue. Welcome to 'the club'..

5 songs off the new album (Think thats a first!)

...and something other than Summer Days to close the opening set AND Johanna! Fucker!

A cherry-poppin' extravaganza!
14th November 2006 09:29 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
Lazy! You're teasin' me with those great shots!

;-)

tickle, tickle...

I'm really suffering as I can no longer d/l from Dime. Nothing. The moderators have made suggestions to no avail. Other torrent sites work (I've succeeded with Traders Den, RO and dylantree). All these wonderful Dylan recordings from M&A, soomlos and upload sail on by. The account is fine. If any one has a suggestion, I'm more than open to your help. Cache is cleared; port forwarding checked; new client (utorrent), nothing works from Dime.

Cheers!

14th November 2006 09:31 AM
Gazza Not sure what the problem is, but I have all of the 2006 shows that have been uploaded, so if youve no luck getting the problem fixed and need any of them, let me know.
14th November 2006 09:37 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Wish I could hang out and have a bit of tea with you at a gas station along the roadside.<

LOL!

Been there, done that!

Funny you should mention that...the other day, I just came across the pics from that night. What an awesome night.
14th November 2006 09:40 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Not sure what the problem is, but I have all of the 2006 shows that have been uploaded, so if youve no luck getting the problem fixed and need any of them, let me know.

Thanks, Gary. I'll try a bit more to see if something works. I still try bit tornado (my first client) and it doesn't work either for Dime torrents.

I'll wait until the end of this tour before touching base. It's been about 2 weeks since I started running into trouble. St. Paul (10/29) was the last show I was able to download.

Your offer is truly appreciated!!

Cheers,
J.
14th November 2006 09:59 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

...and something other than Summer Days to close the opening set AND Johanna! Fucker!

Glenny..so glad you enjoyed Bob!!- I figured you would
14th November 2006 10:17 AM
Lazy Bones http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29438

Bob Dylan
John Labatt Centre
London, Ontario
November 3, 2006

source: soomlos
10th row center
neumann km140's > lunatec v3 > microtrack 24/96 (24/48)
audacity > r8brain > cd wave > flac (16/44.1)

Disc 1:
01. introduction [00:50]
02. Maggie's Farm [04:55]
03. She Belongs To Me [05:21]
04. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum [05:46]
05. Girl Of The North Country [05:48]
06. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) [07:37]
07. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine) [06:01]
08. Not Dark Yet [06:16]
09. Rollin' And Tumblin' [05:36]
10. Masters Of War [05:37]
11. Desolation Row [10:56]
Total time: [64:51]

Disc 2:
01. Highway 61 Revisited [05:49]
02. Nettie Moore [07:36]
03. Summer Days [09:43]
04. Thunder On The Mountain [05:50]
05. Like A Rolling Stone [06:22]
06. band introduction [00:41]
07. All Along The Watchtower [05:52]
Total time: [41:59]

Band Members
Bob Dylan - vocal, keyboard, harp
Denny Freeman - guitar
Donnie Herron - violin, mandolin, steel guitar
Stu Kimball - guitar
George Recile - drums
Tony Garnier - bass
14th November 2006 12:10 PM
glencar
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Yes, it was less painful than I'd been led to believe!
14th November 2006 12:46 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Just got home from the Nassau Colosseum show & WOW! I'm not sure who's who in the band but I thought they were great. Not as exciting as the R Stones or the Who but I wasn't expecting same. I didn't recognize everything I heard but the highlights for me were Tangled Up In Blue, Visions of Johanna, the one from TOOM. Blowing In The Wind was in the encore & was sort of okay. My first time seeing Bob but NOT THE LAST!

:-)
14th November 2006 12:48 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Wish I could hang out and have a bit of tea with you at a gas station along the roadside.<

LOL!

Been there, done that!

Funny you should mention that...the other day, I just came across the pics from that night. What an awesome night.

You should post the pic on the pig!

That was a great evening thank to YOU! I'd do it all over again....in a minute!

;-)

xxoo,
MM
14th November 2006 12:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm going over tonight to see The Deadstring Brothers...come with!

Just jump in your private jet, I'll pick you up at the airport.
14th November 2006 01:05 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'm going over tonight to see The Deadstring Brothers...come with!

Just jump in your private jet, I'll pick you up at the airport.

I'm there! Thank gawd for my private jet.

hehehehe.............
15th November 2006 02:19 PM
Gazza An announcement for Dylan's European tour dates for next spring should be "expected in around 7-10 days and tickets should go on sale before Christmas".
15th November 2006 08:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot I just realized that I'm seeing the last show on this part of Dylan's arena tour.

Think Jack will do a guesty?
16th November 2006 08:24 AM
wisertime
quote:
Gazza wrote:
An announcement for Dylan's European tour dates for next spring should be "expected in around 7-10 days and tickets should go on sale before Christmas".

Great news !! Thanks.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)