ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ . 17th November 2006
© Egeboy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Exile On Main Street - Single Album? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11th November 2006 09:35 PM
StarvinMarvin If you were to create a single album out of Exile, what songs would you choose. Please limit your selections to 10 tracks (as most Stones albums during that era had 10 tracks). Here are my selection:

Rocks Off
Rip This Joint
Tumblin' Dice
Sweet Virginia
Torn and Frayed
Lovin' Cup
Happy
Let It Loose
All Down The Line
Shine A Light
11th November 2006 09:45 PM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
So Sorry.
This would not ever be a consideration.
Exile is the best double album, bar none.
Just like Ed Bradley, this thought is dead.

Oh fuck off...re-read the post, moron...does it say "exile would be better if it were a single album?" No it did not. Of course it's a great double album. The point of the post is to make some tough choices and select what you feel the 10 standout tracks are.

11th November 2006 09:47 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:

Oh fuck off...re-read the post, moron...does it say "exile would be better if it were a single album?" No it did not. Of course it's a great double album. The point of the post is to make some tough choices and select what you feel the 10 standout tracks are.

Sorry Nelly...but this was funny...I like your style Marvin
11th November 2006 09:49 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
No need to be sorry Feej.
The needledicks who are roosting are amazing.
I need not make hard choices when it comes to Exile.

That is the beauty that is Exile...it has no weaknesses
11th November 2006 09:58 PM
StarvinMarvin That's the whole point of the thread. Exile has no missing links. If you were to select 10 songs for a single album, it would have to come down to personal preferences. It's difficult to pare it down to a single album, but it's an interesting exercise. I find it to be fun, others may not. That's OK. Don't post then. I just don't like it when people misrepresent what I'm saying because they're too quick to jump to conclusions.
[Edited by StarvinMarvin]
[Edited by StarvinMarvin]
11th November 2006 10:06 PM
Nellcote You don't dig counter opinions, well ain't that a shame.
You want the cheerleader highway, you came to the wrong hoedown, sunny jim.
I'm certain you will get some rather creative ideas.
Fine, great, Wicked Pissa.
Keep your lousy comments to yourself.
And, I'll post where & when I choose, tough guy.
11th November 2006 10:07 PM
WattsAtScotts 1.Rocks Off
2.Tumbling Dice
3.All Down The Line
4.Happy
5.Sweet Virginia
6.Loving Cup
7.Let It Loose
8.Shine A Light
9.Stop Breaking Down
10.Rip This Joint
11th November 2006 10:10 PM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
You don't dig counter opinions, well ain't that a shame.
You want the cheerleader highway, you came to the wrong hoedown, sunny jim.
I'm certain you will get some rather creative ideas.
Fine, great, Wicked Pissa.
Keep your lousy comments to yourself.
And, I'll post where & when I choose, tough guy.

It took you fifteen minutes to come up with that crap? The "cheerleader highway?" Give me a break.
11th November 2006 10:11 PM
Nellcote How's that edit button working out for you, slugger?
11th November 2006 10:13 PM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
How's that edit button working out for you, slugger?

Not bad, actually. After reading your "thoughts," I would recommend you use it as well.
11th November 2006 10:14 PM
Nellcote So Sorry, recommendation door is closed.
Have a great time.
11th November 2006 10:17 PM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
So Sorry, recommendation door is closed.
Have a great time.

That's all you can come up with? Jackass. Actually, pressing your buttons is just as much fun as playing with the edit button.
WattsAtScotts No offense but...never mind ya get offended......People are getting too lazy on here. So I gave in, let's see who will actually read this. This is a test to see who's paying attention. This is a test to see how many people in my friends list actually pay attention to me. Copy and repost in your own bulletin. Lets see who the true friends are and I think I know who you are... Repost this if you are a friend.. Don't reply... just copy and paste this in a new bulletin as "So-called friends
Erik_Snow It's only natural with a little fuzz, when the subject is to slice Exile in two.
11th November 2006 10:50 PM
Nellcote Hey there Marvin, I had a good time.
And really, there is just too much material to fit on a single lp, no?
11th November 2006 10:56 PM
StarvinMarvin Yeah, it is pretty hard. I realize that if Exile was only a single album we probably would never have been able to hear the likes of Hip Shake or Sweet Black Angel, etc. I love these tunes, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have ended up on a single Exile LP.

Nice chatting with you, Nellcote. Our opinions on Exile aren't actually that far apart.
11th November 2006 11:08 PM
Nellcote Actually, SBA never would've been cut, as it was topical in the day, as I recall. Something, which on the lp has filler written all over it, the muggy sounding IJWTSHF would've got the axe b-4 SBA. Hard to fathom the Blind Boys found it enough to cover it recently, however, they nailed it. So, there, you sucked me in to make a comment towards a single lp, dig?
11th November 2006 11:15 PM
StarvinMarvin IJWSHF would have been the first to go, you're right. I forgot about that one. I didn't like that one at first, but it's grown on me the past few years.
11th November 2006 11:18 PM
WJ Huh? What happened to the fighting? Aw man, you two backchanneled, didn't you? Now you're sitting around smoking cigs and cuddling.
11th November 2006 11:23 PM
JuanTCB 1.Rocks Off
2.Rip This Joint
3.Shake Your Hips
4.Tumbling Dice
5.Sweet Black Angel
6.Loving Cup
7.I Just Wanna See His Face
8.Let It Loose
9.All Down The Line
10.Shine A Light

And gentlemen - WHO'S FIGHTING AND WHAT FOR?

Take the sticks out of your asses and dig the abridged Exile.

It's very mellow.
11th November 2006 11:27 PM
Nellcote This is Rocks Off, what thread would be without a little bloodbath before subtance is brought forward?
Juan, are we getting the phenom from The Land Of The Rising Sun?
11th November 2006 11:31 PM
StarvinMarvin We fight only because we care so deeply about the only rock group that matters - The Rolling Stones.
11th November 2006 11:33 PM
WJ
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:
We fight only because we care so deeply about the only rock group that matters - The Rolling Stones.

Hm, high cheese factor.
11th November 2006 11:50 PM
StarvinMarvin The Stones are simply the greatest rock band ever. I love the Beatles just as much, but the Beatles ain't no ROCK group. They are pure power pop, with tonnes of diversity to boot. But no one group reprsents what rock music is all about better than The Stones. Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll is what they are. It is what they do.
I can't wait to see them when they come to Vancouver on the 25th. It's been eight years since they came here, which is surprsing considering what a big Stones market the city is. I mean, the Vancouver show sold out almost instantly. As we all know, that hasn't happened as often as we hoped during this tour.
12th November 2006 02:06 AM
winter
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:

It's like asking Shakespeare which acts of Hamlet he would keep if he had to choose.

Your post ranks very high on the idiotic factor . . . give yourself the day off tomorrow to ride the short bus around town with a helmet fuckhead

wintah

12th November 2006 02:13 AM
winter
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:
The Stones are simply the greatest rock band ever. I love the Beatles just as much, but the Beatles ain't no ROCK group. They are pure power pop, with tonnes of diversity to boot. But no one group reprsents what rock music is all about better than The Stones. Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll is what they are. It is what they do.
I can't wait to see them when they come to Vancouver on the 25th. It's been eight years since they came here, which is surprsing considering what a big Stones market the city is. I mean, the Vancouver show sold out almost instantly. As we all know, that hasn't happened as often as we hoped during this tour.

I hope they cancel the show. And I hope we invade and take over your piss-ant country - just cause we can . . .

Canada's contribution to music - Lover Boy, Alanis Morisett, Triumph, Celine Deon, Bryan Adams - nice work asshole . . .
[Edited by winter]
[Edited by winter]
12th November 2006 10:06 AM
BILL PERKS EXILE IS A GOOD RECORD BUT VERY OVERATED
12th November 2006 11:18 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
EXILE IS A GOOD RECORD BUT VERY OVERATED

I agree.
12th November 2006 11:42 AM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
winter wrote:

I hope they cancel the show. And I hope we invade and take over your piss-ant country - just cause we can . . .

Canada's contribution to music - Lover Boy, Alanis Morisett, Triumph, Celine Deon, Bryan Adams - nice work asshole . . .
[Edited by winter]
[Edited by winter]

You might be able to invade Canada, but you clowns would never be able to "take it over." Canada is too large, and the geography is perfect for guerilla warfare. You idiots couldn't win in Vietnam, and that was the size of my backyard. If you guys could get the Iraq situation under control, I might take you seriously, but until then I will just laugh. Yes, you have the most weapons, but you have no stomach for war. Your idea of "war" is to drop a bunch of bombs (including atomic bombs) from the air and then high tail it out of there as fast as possible so as to avoid any casualties. Cowards. Just look at Iraq. Shock and awe? More like blunder and bluster.

As for Canada's musical exports, we have indeed produced a lot of crap, but the good old US of A has produced more than its fair share if garbage. In fact, it could be argued that the US has only produced a handful of great bands since the original rock 'n roll explosion in the 50's (despite the fact that American artists dominate music charts around the world). Since then, the vast majority of influential/popular groups have come from outside the US. The beatles, The Stones, The Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin - all of the biggest and best groups of all-time are British. You simply can't deny it.

Besides, you only listed the crappy Canadian groups/artists. What about Neil Young? The Band? Leonard Cohen? Gordon Lightfoot? Joni Mitchell? Rush? The Guess Whio? Plus, there are TONS of great Canadians bands that have made great music, but are not known outside of Canada. Sloan, The Killjoys, The Grapes Of Wrath, 54-40, Sam Robrets....
12th November 2006 12:03 PM
Kilroy I thought about it and decided not to think about it. I do think it was a good question knowing that these thinks are question a group thinks about. Line up of songs, how many, what ones go in, what does not. Good Question. I love this album. It s my favorite by them and one of my top three favortes. I would take this to a dessert island given that decision. Thank you .
[Edited by Kilroy]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)