ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ . 17th November 2006
© Egeboy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live With Me - Four Flicks Return to archive
11th November 2006 07:17 PM
Rip This Joint This is my favorite version of all. So much energy, and the directing in the video fits in perfectly. It captures the pace spot on. Anyone else think this performance kicks ass, or am I crazy? anyone know where I can find an audio file of it, or if those shows are ever on ebay as bootleg cd's or anything?

thanks
11th November 2006 09:41 PM
oldkr This song always disappoints me live, they never hit the beautiful vocal timing on the lines 'you'd look good pram pushin down the high street' that they do on the album

OLDKR
11th November 2006 10:05 PM
MidnightRambler Good version. Great to see Keith come in too early on the intro and you can see Mick give him shit for it by laughing at him.
11th November 2006 10:59 PM
UGot2Rollme Ya Ya's version kicks ass - great harmonies. The original.
Also like the cut on No Security. Energy!
Will have to check out 4 flicks again.
12th November 2006 12:57 AM
corgi37 I dont think its a song that works live. Similar to Monkey Man.

But Ya Ya's is good.
12th November 2006 09:26 PM
Soldatti My least favorite song on Let It Bleed, but is great. I like the version on NS.
13th November 2006 09:51 AM
maumau so nice to have such opposite views
it is one of my fav tunes of the whole stones catalogue and i think it works perfect live.
i dont remember a fu***d up version
anyway i like the NS and the bside (wild horses stripped?) better than the four flix version
Straycat blues from FF is the real gem. It really can stand comparison to the ya ya's one (mostly because it is completely different approach)
13th November 2006 10:24 AM
FotiniD I actually find it boring live. Agree with oldkr about the timing.
13th November 2006 12:14 PM
rocker The best live one of this i heard was o nthe flip side of a single from the vooddoo lunge tour
13th November 2006 12:23 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
rocker wrote:
The best live one of this i heard was o nthe flip side of a single from the vooddoo lunge tour

the version from Stripped companion? it smokes!!
13th November 2006 12:40 PM
Saint Sway song sounds a little tighter live every time I hear it

I predict that by the 2010 tour it will be blazing hot with this kid on bass

13th November 2006 10:29 PM
Bruno
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

the version from Stripped companion? it smokes!!

Hey, I´m downloading Gimme Shelter from Stripped Companion, what you think?
14th November 2006 12:51 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Bruno wrote:

Hey, I´m downloading Gimme Shelter from Stripped Companion, what you think?

Stunning. It's probably the greatest live recording of the song I have ever heard. Overdubbed I'm sure, but still...
14th November 2006 12:54 PM
Saint Sway all those Stripped Companion tracks and b-sides sound great. They played very inspired for a brief run there

I'm hoping the Scorcese film comes out sounding the same. Ronnie was on!
14th November 2006 02:47 PM
Bruno
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Stunning. It's probably the greatest live recording of the song I have ever heard. Overdubbed I'm sure, but still...

Thanks!
14th November 2006 03:51 PM
speedfreakjive its pretty good on FF - but I think Ya -Ya's version is best live one i've heard.

agree with whoever said Stray Cat Blues from FF - but i'd like to add that although technically Hand Of Fate sucks - there is something that brings it together!!??
No Expectations is also excellent from 4 Flicks

speedy
14th November 2006 05:02 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
maumau wrote:
Straycat blues from FF is the real gem. It really can stand comparison to the ya ya's one (mostly because it is completely different approach)

I love Jones' bass solo, and how Wood and Richards groove into it at the end of it. So cool!
14th November 2006 06:48 PM
Honky Tonk Man I actually love the recent live renditions of Live With Me. It's the perfect vehicle for Keiths now signature Berry riffs. I can honestly say that I cannot remember the last time I listend to the studio version.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)