ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ . 17th November 2006
© Egeboy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Joe Jagger... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11th November 2006 06:46 PM
MidnightRambler http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm494.showMessage?topicID=483.topic
11th November 2006 06:48 PM
Gazza Mick Jagger's father dies aged 93

Sir Mick Jagger's father died tonight at the age of 93, a spokesman for the singer said.

Joe Jagger died from pneumonia in hospital at 10pm, the spokesman said.

He was admitted to the hospital in Kingston, Surrey, just over a week ago after injuring himself in a fall at his home.

The Rolling Stone, who is currently in the US for the band's A Bigger Bang world tour, flew to Britain yesterday to spend time with his father in hospital.

He later flew back to Las Vegas where he is due to perform tonight.

His spokesman confirmed that the concert would go ahead as planned.

The spokesman said: "Mr Jagger was admitted to Kingston Hospital, Surrey, just over a week ago and died of pneumonia.

"The family would like to thank the hospital for their care and support."

He said the family would not be making any further comment at this stage and arrangements would be made for a private funeral.

Copyright Press Association 2006.

[Edited by Gazza]
11th November 2006 06:50 PM
Gazza Sad news indeed. What a life he must have had, and how proud he must have been of his son. The joy in his face when he was at the palace that day with Mick was something to behold

RIP Mr Jagger and deepest sympathies to Mick and all of the Jagger family. Its of some comfort that he got to say his goodbyes to him.
11th November 2006 06:53 PM
LadyJane My heart is breaking for Mick

Thank God he got the chance to say goodbye.

Tonight's show will be very very emotional.

RIP Mr Jagger.

LJ.
11th November 2006 06:54 PM
StarvinMarvin Good Lord, the band has been through so much lately. Hopefully their run of personal tragedy stops now. As the saying goes, bad things happen in threes...first the Ahmet injury at a Stones show, then Ronnie's bro dies, and now...this...it's hard to imagine how Mick must feel now. I couldn't imagine performing in front of thousands of fans just hours after my dad died. He must be exhausted from jet lag too. Hopefully Keith digs down deep and carries some of the load for Mick tonight.
[Edited by StarvinMarvin]
[Edited by StarvinMarvin]
11th November 2006 06:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl RIP Joe; a great dad who gave the world the best front man
11th November 2006 06:57 PM
AndyPetu Que en paz descanse Mr. Jagger.

Petu
11th November 2006 06:59 PM
WJ How sad. At least Mick got to see his Father one last time in the hospital.
11th November 2006 07:01 PM
mojoman rest in peace joseph.
11th November 2006 07:03 PM
PartyDoll MEG RIP Joe Jagger

We all thank you for giving us your talented son, Mick.
11th November 2006 07:09 PM
Bitch How sad - did he die while MICK was there at the hospital, or after he left to go to Vegas? How hard for MICK, to have to go on as if nothing has happened. I wonder if anything will be different tonight....oh I hope MICK is ok!
11th November 2006 07:09 PM
The_Worst May the good Lord shine a light on you!!!

Mick couldn't have said it better himself!!!
11th November 2006 07:10 PM
Tom Bad news once more, but this the worst by far. May the good Lord shine a light on him
11th November 2006 07:14 PM
Gimme Shelter RIP Joe
11th November 2006 07:18 PM
Joey

RIP Joe Jagger
11th November 2006 07:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
How sad - did he die while MICK was there at the hospital, or after he left to go to Vegas? How hard for MICK, to have to go on as if nothing has happened. I wonder if anything will be different tonight....oh I hope MICK is ok!

he died tonight - just 2 hours ago
[Edited by Gazza]
11th November 2006 07:26 PM
SweetVirginia RIP Mr. Jagger.
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

11th November 2006 07:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The header at http://rocksoff.org/foro

11th November 2006 07:27 PM
sirmoonie Joe Jagger was white and he lived through two wars with the Hun. He was right.
11th November 2006 07:32 PM
Angiegirl No matter how much I've come to resent all that is wrong with the Stones Machine nowadays, I feel for Mick, having to put on a show on a day like this. Business as usual. It must feel so surreal to him, and to Woody as well I imagine.
11th November 2006 07:36 PM
Jiving Sister Jan God rest his soul. I feel so bad for Mick, Chris and all of the grand kids. Wish I could give Mick a hug.
11th November 2006 07:38 PM
moy so sorry to read this, deep condolences to Mick, Chris, relatives and friends
11th November 2006 07:46 PM
tumbling dice
I just saw Being Mick and when i going back to forum i read it.God Bless Mr Joe Jagger father of my idol and icon of my life.Mick is very tough to go on stage tonight,he is very family man...
11th November 2006 07:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Mick was always proud and Joe too to have each other, a family man indeed, lots of familiy values there

11th November 2006 07:52 PM
Phog Very sad. RIP.
11th November 2006 07:53 PM
Gazza Love that pic. For all the bullshit about Mick collecting a knighthood, the obvious pride it gave his dad as evidenced by the photos from that day was a good enough reason as far as I'm concerned
[Edited by Gazza]
11th November 2006 08:08 PM
Fiji Joe Fiji weeps
11th November 2006 08:09 PM
paddy gone so soon.........he was only 93.
11th November 2006 08:26 PM
Nellcote For some strange reason, this song always comes to mind when a notable figure or relative of a rock star passes away...A bit nostalgia, looking to turn the corner to move forward, as it may have been wished...

ON WITH THE SHOW
(Jagger/Richards)

Good evening one and all we're all so glad to see you here
We'll play your favorite songs while you all soak up the atmosphere
We'll start with over river, then maybe stormy weather, too
I'm sure you know just what to do
On with the show good health to you

Please pour another glass it time to watch the cabaret
Your wife will never know that you're not really working late
Your hostess here is Wendy, you'll find her very friendly, too
And we don't care just what you do

Petina, start the show at 2 o'clock

Oh if by chance you find that you can't make it anymore
We'll put you in a cab and get you safely to the door
But we've got all the answers, and we've got lovely dancers, too
There's nothing else you have to do

You're all such lovely people dancing, eating round the floor
But if you have to fight, please take your trouble out the door
For now I say with sorrow, until this time tomorrow
We'll bid you all a find adieu

[Edited by Nellcote]
11th November 2006 08:29 PM
paddy yes,strange.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)