ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ . 17th November 2006
© Egeboy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: songs which allow charlie's talent to shine? Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th November 2006 01:44 PM
star star ive always believed the main ones are YCAGWYW live (even though it aint him on the studio versh), Sway, Moonlight Mile, TWFKO, rip this joint. what do you guys think. does his jazz stuff make anyone think whoa this guy is simply the best!
10th November 2006 01:48 PM
nanatod "songs which allow Charlie's talent to shine?"

Answer: Oeuvre, Rolling Stones, 1961 to present.
10th November 2006 01:52 PM
gustavobala tour of the americas - t.o.t.a. - 1975
10th November 2006 02:21 PM
guitarman53 "Get Of Off My Cloud" was the first rock song to have drums alone in the introduction.
10th November 2006 02:22 PM
Dan Anything on the Saitama DVD
10th November 2006 02:23 PM
glencar ONNYA.
10th November 2006 03:21 PM
Taptrick Hip Shake - check out the amount of beats between cracks at the beginning of the song. it's ultimate simplistic beauty.

10th November 2006 04:10 PM
lotsajizz Moonlight Mile

10th November 2006 04:31 PM
FrankiePeppers Monkey Man
10th November 2006 04:44 PM
Joey
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
"Get Of Off My Cloud" was the first rock song to have drums alone in the introduction.

I love that song .
10th November 2006 04:45 PM
gimmekeef All of them.....but one of my faves is....his drum rolls near the end of Tumblin Dice....
10th November 2006 04:46 PM
glencar
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
Monkey Man

YES! Especially in concert!
10th November 2006 09:57 PM
Altamont
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
"Get Of Off My Cloud" was the first rock song to have drums alone in the introduction.

Howz about 'Psycho' by the Sonics? It came out in '65 as well, maybe before Cloud, maybe not?
10th November 2006 10:55 PM
WattsAtScotts Get Off Of My Cloud, Midnight Rambler, Tumbling Dice, She Was Hot, Worried About You, Fight, One Hit(To The Body)
10th November 2006 11:08 PM
StarvinMarvin I've always loved the groove that Charlie lays down on Let It Bleed. I love the cymbal crashes at the end duribng the "you can bleed all over me" section.
10th November 2006 11:23 PM
Bruno Midnight Rambler. Speed, strenght and beautiful class in the middle part all in only one song. A man who can control every single piece of the kit. And he does all with that indifferent look in his face, amazing!
[Edited by Bruno]
10th November 2006 11:25 PM
Altamont Street Fightin Man(toy drum kit that Charlie said he still has!) Paint It Black, Tumblin Dice, Cloud, etc.
11th November 2006 12:03 AM
CHIEFMOON Dangerous Beauty
11th November 2006 12:09 AM
Bitch CHARLIE rips open of PAINT IT BLACK!
11th November 2006 12:39 AM
Kilroy My Top TEN Are:
#!Get Off My Cloud
#2Paint it Black
#3Honky Tonk Woman
#4Brown Sugar
#5Rip this joint
#6Rocks Off
#7When the Whip
#8Oh No Not You Again
#9Hang Fire
#10 All The Rest
11th November 2006 02:32 AM
thejuf What about Little Queenie on Ya-Ya's???
11th November 2006 04:39 AM
_Boomy_ All of "Emotional Rescue".

"Summer Romance" and "Where the Boys Go" may not be great Stones tunes when put up against their best, but Charlie is on fire on these two tracks.
11th November 2006 05:39 AM
Ronnie Richards Charlie's best performance is on Rocks Off - which is (incidentally?) at the same time the greatest Stones track, which fittingly also provides the name of a popular Charlie Watts message board..
11th November 2006 08:31 AM
Homercles Paint it black and Thru and Thru are amongst my fave Charlie drum songs.
Mixed Emotions also - the snare sounds like it's snapping with each beat.
11th November 2006 10:20 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
ONNYA.

Yes! I was listening to that through headphones on the way to work yesterday, and Charlie kicks major ass!
11th November 2006 10:48 AM
gimmekeef Watch the HBO Show from MSG..when during Rambler he's barely hangin on bashin away near the end..You can see him just givin it all he has....Plus the moment when Mick looks at Ronnie to hold back a sec as Keith is in a total control groove when the song picks up to full speed during the last 2 minutes...A priceless moment....
11th November 2006 11:27 AM
speedfreakjive i have to agree on the drum roll just after the Middle 8 / Bridge on Monkey Man - MSG 03'- Pure Genius!!

also, on record see -
- Ventilator Blues
- Let It Loose
Exile in general!!

- Sister Morphine
- Heartbreaker
- Star Star
- Slave
11th November 2006 12:08 PM
Bruno
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Plus the moment when Mick looks at Ronnie to hold back a sec as Keith is in a total control groove when the song picks up to full speed during the last 2 minutes...A priceless moment....

You mean that bit when Ronnie uses the lever?
11th November 2006 04:05 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Bruno wrote:

You mean that bit when Ronnie uses the lever?

Its just as they break the circle in front of Charlie...song is picking up speed fast towards the end...Keith moves alone to front of stage..laying down a great groove...Mick looks at Ronnie to say..WAIT let Keith go a bit...
11th November 2006 05:11 PM
Bruno Yeah, while Keith is keeping the groove Ronnie is soloing, he ends with the lever and then Mick looks at him and "wait". Really a great moment, the best performance from Four Flicks.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)