ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ . 17th November 2006
© Egeboy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AZ Cardinals Stadium Phoenix 8th Nov. 2006, Setlist-Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10th November 2006 11:22 PM
glencar I think he's back in exciting Ohio...
11th November 2006 01:04 PM
Dan
quote:
the simply are no longer viewed as an act worth seeing....

Time to put things in perspective counselor. Not everyone is wealthy like you. If I had a nickel for every time someone told me "I would love to see the Stones but ticket prices..." I could afford to stand in the front row right next to you.

And as far as Phoenix being a soft market or not, in 2003 on the Licks tour, I got a $324 ticket right next to the stage for $76.
11th November 2006 05:05 PM
Stonesthrow I saw them in Phoenix (Glendale arena) in 11/2005. I walked up to a scalper and got a $350.00 ticket for $200.00. I did not even go this November 8th. Probably the same show and in a stadium which I didn't want-- especially for the asking prices.

It is also worth noting that today (Veteran's Day) is the 37th anniversary of my first Stones show (11-11-1969) in Phoenix. It was one of Little Mick's first shows with the opening act of Ike & Tina Turner. Tina was unbelievably hot back then. It is, of course, common knowledge that Mick learned all his stage moves from her.
11th November 2006 05:25 PM
lotsajizz James Brown might have some dispute with that.....
11th November 2006 06:13 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
James Brown might have some dispute with that.....

I don't think so. Look at any live Stones performances prior to 1969 and notice Mick's moves. Compare them to his moves after being on tour with Tina in 1969. You will notice the difference. Besides, Mick's moves are not at all like James Brown's.

13th November 2006 10:30 AM
GotToRollMe Just stumbled on a bunch of pics from the Phoenix show, courtesy of Jeremiah Armenta.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
13th November 2006 12:29 PM
sweetcharmedlife I just got back from Phoenix. Took in this show Wed. Good effort from the boys. Somewhat stale setlist. Far Away Eyes was good. First time I have heard that live since my first stones show, on the Some Girls tour. Other than that, everything was pretty safe. Keith sounded good. Looked lively, by his standards anyway. Mick had all the usual moves down, although he stuck to the main stage mostly, and did not venture out on to the wings very often. As far as woody, well he was there. Which considering the rumors that day, was an accomplishment itself.
Alice Cooper was fun to see. Been many years since I saw coop. Don't mind hearing his warhorses.(lol). I think the funnest part of the evening was just talking to other stones fans. Considering the show started 45 mins late, and there was a 45 min. intermission. There was plenty of time to get to know the neighbours. We met a couple from Columbus,Oh. who has been to 11 shows just on the ABB tour. They told us all about the famous Chi. show, and lived to tell about it.
Well 1 more show left for me on this tour. LA, if they make that far. But I wouldn't bet against the Stones.
13th November 2006 12:50 PM
yitbos hi, i'm new to this board, but went to this show, and loved it. it's only my second show, my last one was in 1989 when i was 13 at RFK stadium in DC. this show was awesome, i love that they mix up the setlist as much as they do, and they don't just come out and play the "greatest hits" like alot bands. i also like that they have such an elaborate stage set, you can see where the money's going, i paid less for these tickets than alot of shows where they just stand on a big steel box, with no screens, so you can't see anything if you're not in the first 20 rows. if anyone wants any more pix let me know, i took in my digital and got a buttload of pictures (some good, some bad).

now for my question, does anyone know if this show was taped, and what torrent sites i might try to find it on? or if anyone might have it for trade?

thanks. i know it's only rock n' roll, but i like it.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)