ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ . 17th November 2006
© Egeboy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AZ Cardinals Stadium Phoenix 8th Nov. 2006, Setlist-Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
9th November 2006 12:18 PM
GotToRollMe Thanks for bringing in the setlist, monkey_man, and thanks for the pics, Jeep. And Wick, great review - I know that feeling...I felt the same way after Giants.

And Keith is lookin' good!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
Saint Sway how was Blondie's solos?
The Wick
quote:
jb wrote:

How did they cover the empties or was this stadium a bit smaller?

They brought the stage substantially forward so there were a load of empty seats behind the stage.
9th November 2006 12:20 PM
jb
quote:
The Wick wrote:

They brought the stage substantially forward so there were a load of empty seats behind the stage.

smart!!! The stadium probably looked full and people thought they didn't want to sell those seats anyway.
9th November 2006 12:24 PM
Saint Sway this tour should of been arenas

the faking it with the stage setting and tarps to make a stadium look full is bullshit.

this should of been a No Security type tour of arenas only. They thrive and play so much better in that setting. They also would of sold more tickets and been able to do multiple night runs.

I know I definately would of traveled if the tour was geared that way
9th November 2006 12:27 PM
Jeep Thanks for the article link Gazza.
Found some pix on the website.

Photos Ralph Freso / East Valley Tribune :

9th November 2006 02:10 PM
The Wick The more I think about it, the more I think something major happened behind the scenes yesterday. Keith walking off on SOL and only coming out a few minutes in on one of the other songs. Mick was really overly affectionate towards him last night. I hope it's not something serious, or something like them deciding last night to quit at the end of the tour.
9th November 2006 03:11 PM
Dan It's obvious there is a lot more than meets the eye going on behind the scenes. Maybe it will all come out later.
9th November 2006 03:21 PM
FotiniD
quote:
The Wick wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I think something major happened behind the scenes yesterday. Keith walking off on SOL and only coming out a few minutes in on one of the other songs. Mick was really overly affectionate towards him last night. I hope it's not something serious, or something like them deciding last night to quit at the end of the tour.

I missed your point somewhere - how does Keith's three-minute break from a ballad, when the guy's over 60 years and could really use it, signify a decision to quit at the end of the tour?!?!? I'm really not following you here.

I don't think it's such a big deal, to be honest.
9th November 2006 03:38 PM
Jumping Jack My sources tell me he needed to end his transmission ala Joey ...
9th November 2006 03:38 PM
Saint Sway Keiths dye job gets worse every day. Its painful to look at.
9th November 2006 03:47 PM
The Wick
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

I missed your point somewhere - how does Keith's three-minute break from a ballad, when the guy's over 60 years and could really use it, signify a decision to quit at the end of the tour?!?!? I'm really not following you here.

I don't think it's such a big deal, to be honest.

It wasn't really that, although it was slightly odd because it almost happened again later. It was the vibe of Mick really looking out for Keith. There just seemed to be a real air of nostalgia in the air and it made for an unbelievable show, but the vibe was just a little bit too affectionate.
9th November 2006 05:13 PM
concerned citizen
quote:
The Wick wrote:

It wasn't really that, although it was slightly odd because it almost happened again later. It was the vibe of Mick really looking out for Keith. There just seemed to be a real air of nostalgia in the air and it made for an unbelievable show, but the vibe was just a little bit too affectionate.

Time changes everything, and then time changes again.

9th November 2006 05:22 PM
Fiji Joe
9th November 2006 05:41 PM
concerned citizen
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

If your post is in response to my post, I have to ask you, what the fuck is your problem? The Rolling Stones have had addiction problems, yes. At least they are not loud mouthed bullies posting on internet boards about them.

9th November 2006 07:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

How are the Springsteen cd's coming along?

I'll try and mail them next week. Very busy week here but will try and get them out before my Bruce/Dublin trip next weekend
9th November 2006 10:41 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
concerned citizen wrote:

If your post is in response to my post, I have to ask you, what the fuck is your problem? The Rolling Stones have had addiction problems, yes. At least they are not loud mouthed bullies posting on internet boards about them.

Oh..my bad...I thought you were a troll whose sole mission here was to belittle (and dare I say bully) people on this board

This wasn't you? This wasn't your work crackers?

----------

"How many people here are sick to death of the summit spammers? It is unseemly.

I think they took that into account too, and only hired a handful of young shidoobee newbies. They have lurkers, and there is a reason why Rocks Off people were not called. Namely, the summit group."

How so? I think I said what needed to be said. I cannot go into detail about the process. I hope you understand."

"This post is referring to the fact that lurkers looked at this board and saw hundreds of posts from a small group of people posting pictures of themselves (most unattractive) and self involved chatting amongst this small group. It is boring. They did not deam this messageboard as a place to find extras and wrote it off.

Is that clear enough?"

http://novogate.com/board/968/232683-3.html
http://novogate.com/board/968/232683-2.html

----------------

If not...again...my bad

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
10th November 2006 03:35 AM
TommyHawk
quote:
I got there intentionally late to miss Alice Cooper, but he came on late so I saw some of his set- very average and what the fuck were those balloons? I know some of you are his fans, but not my favorite.

Those balloons have been part of the show for decades. The point being, "School's Out," it's party time. So the balloons just come whipping out for the party. Also just a small part of his usual theatrics.
10th November 2006 09:47 AM
FotiniD
quote:
TommyHawk wrote:

Those balloons have been part of the show for decades. The point being, "School's Out," it's party time. So the balloons just come whipping out for the party. Also just a small part of his usual theatrics.

Did the show involve the snakes as well? I think he brought them along in his gig here a couple of years ago.
10th November 2006 09:48 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'll try and mail them next week. Very busy week here but will try and get them out before my Bruce/Dublin trip next weekend

Thanks so much...and again, whatever this costs in terms of time/material, please let me reimburse you.
10th November 2006 11:18 AM
littleredrooster
quote:
jb wrote:

How did they cover the empties or was this stadium a bit smaller?

Despite reports of 35000 in attendance, it was more like 25000.
The stage was set up to block the majority of the upper level. The upper level was empty and those who sat there were few in numbers. This stadium has the majority of 'endzone' seats at one end, the stage blocked them. At least 40% of the lowers were blocked by the stage setup.
The capacity of the venue is 65000, Keith should have done 'This Place Is Empty'.
10th November 2006 11:29 AM
Gazza Something tells me Joshy has just jumped out of the office window....
10th November 2006 11:39 AM
jb
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:

Despite reports of 35000 in attendance, it was more like 25000.
The stage was set up to block the majority of the upper level. The upper level was empty and those who sat there were few in numbers. This stadium has the majority of 'endzone' seats at one end, the stage blocked them. At least 40% of the lowers were blocked by the stage setup.
The capacity of the venue is 65000, Keith should have done 'This Place Is Empty'.

Sad, but a all too common reality this tour...quite frankly, they can never return again as the market is dead.
10th November 2006 11:52 AM
glencar But the market shouldn't be dead in Phoenix. I could see Chicago & Boston not selling (second tier cities with 5-7 concerts) but Phoenix only had one previous concert. Is everyone there 80?
10th November 2006 12:58 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
But the market shouldn't be dead in Phoenix. I could see Chicago & Boston not selling (second tier cities with 5-7 concerts) but Phoenix only had one previous concert. Is everyone there 80?

good point....the simply are no longer viewed as an act worth seeing....the Stones are washed up here in the US and will never return imo.
10th November 2006 01:01 PM
glencar Agreed. Next year in Jerusalem?
10th November 2006 04:11 PM
TommyHawk
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Did the show involve the snakes as well? I think he brought them along in his gig here a couple of years ago.

Don't know if he had the snake at the Stones show. He hadn't been using the snake for a couple of months now. But generally, it's involved somehow. What people saw at the Stones Show was Alice Cooper-Lite.
10th November 2006 04:14 PM
TommyHawk
quote:
jb wrote:

good point....the simply are no longer viewed as an act worth seeing....the Stones are washed up here in the US and will never return imo.

Ticket prices don't help much.
10th November 2006 09:14 PM
StarvinMarvin Who cares if they haven't been selling out every show? even if only 25,000 show up, that's far from an emberassment. How many bands out there are even capable of selling out HALF of a stadium? Not many.

Let's put things into persepctive. The Stones have been able to order of the seniors menu for almost 10 years now. It has been about 17 years since they had a true hit single. Their album sales have declined with each release. The Stones popularity has been in decline for the past twnty five years. However, it's been a fun dowward slide. They still rock, and we can be proud of them.

Just to re-iterate: IT IS STILL AMAZING THAT THE STONES HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO WORLDWIDE STADIUM TOURS FOR AS LONG AS THEY HAVE. THEY STILL SELL AN AMAZING NUMBER OF TICKETS. THERE IS NO SHAME IN HAVING SOME EMPTY SEATS IN SOME VENUES.
10th November 2006 09:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
But the market shouldn't be dead in Phoenix. I could see Chicago & Boston not selling (second tier cities with 5-7 concerts) but Phoenix only had one previous concert. Is everyone there 80?

Did Ian go? Surprised we havent had a review from him. He lives down there these days, I think
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)